MN Millennial Farmer Map - Thank You Mappers Paradise/The Subbie

Illinois Farmer

Re: MN Millennial Farmer Map - Thank You Mappers Paradise/The Subbie

Post by Illinois Farmer »

JensChrDK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:28 pm I would LOVE to play the MN map - but is it just for console for now? And in testing for pc? Or am I missing something...?
Yes, pc should be sent today.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
advantys287

Post by advantys287 »

Love the map Great Job

As stated sell some decorations for additional slots.
John Deere always use many Slots

Do we know when the sell point will be fixed?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:21 pm
JensChrDK wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:28 pm I would LOVE to play the MN map - but is it just for console for now? And in testing for pc? Or am I missing something...?
Yes, pc should be sent today.
Sweet!! *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Did I miss this map dropping on PC? I checked mapper's paradise fb page and I haven't really seen anything regarding the PC release and I haven't really seen anything on this forum.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not yet. Pc was supposed to be sent in for testing yesterday.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I have a hunch that they are working through the slot count issue for Console and trying to correct that. Just going off of another post made by MappersParadise in another thread, Too many people are bashing them in the mod ratings, because of the slot count. And that hurts them for various reasons. Too many people rush to judgment, just ruins it for everyone else.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Thank you for the good information gentlemen. I downloaded it on my Xbox last night just to get a sneak peek and I got to say I liked what I saw. I did not dig too deep into everything; sell points that work, saw claims of floating vehicles when selling everything, map boundaries, etc. But I am very appreciative of the efforts put in by the modders. I will sit here, wait patiently, wait for it to release, and ignore my wife for half a day when it does release for PC.
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

If you sell all the buildings etc then obviously any vehicles aligned to height of that building will float e.g. pickup at farmhouse, vehicles can not be used as placeables so cannot be sold with a building they can only be placed in a map using defaultVehicles.xml same applies to any parked cars aligned to the terrain or around a sellable object they will also float.

Also as stated by the young fella with crystal balls, we have been sidetracked by the console slot count thing.
Both maps are now with BlobbyFarmer for a final check so we should now be back on track with Console update and sending PC for testing.
I can only apologise for the delay.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:52 pm I have a hunch that they are working through the slot count issue for Console and trying to correct that. Just going off of another post made by MappersParadise in another thread, Too many people are bashing them in the mod ratings, because of the slot count. And that hurts them for various reasons. Too many people rush to judgment, just ruins it for everyone else.
A sincere question i have (being idk), is how MP is getting that impression with the "ratings'? On Xbox, as of last night, the ratings are a 4 out 5 like Griffin. Seems pretty good to me. Are there other areas folks are seeing these ratings?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Airborne82nd wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:52 pm I have a hunch that they are working through the slot count issue for Console and trying to correct that. Just going off of another post made by MappersParadise in another thread, Too many people are bashing them in the mod ratings, because of the slot count. And that hurts them for various reasons. Too many people rush to judgment, just ruins it for everyone else.
A sincere question i have (being idk), is how MP is getting that impression with the "ratings'? On Xbox, as of last night, the ratings are a 4 out 5 like Griffin. Seems pretty good to me. Are there other areas folks are seeing these ratings?
I won't promote the thread in question because the headline is a slap in their face, but MappersParadise noticed that soon after the release there was a lot of down voting going on. I can only read what was written. And since this post that you have quoted me on, TheSubbie has in fact validated what I mentioned. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just posting after connecting the dots why the PC version was not put in testing yet.

Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 pm
I won't promote the thread in question because the headline is a slap in their face, but MappersParadise noticed that soon after the release there was a lot of down voting going on. I can only read what was written. And since this post that you have quoted me on, TheSubbie has in fact validated what I mentioned. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just posting after connecting the dots why the PC version was not put in testing yet.
Right, i know they said that, and i'm not implying anything, but the ratings seem pretty good. So, maybe they changed the more folks downloaded it, and what not. But as of now, it's far from the ratings disaster he implied at the time it seems to me. Unless of course, i'm not not looking at something others are.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Airborne82nd wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:17 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Right, i know they said that, and i'm not implying anything, but the ratings seem pretty good. So, maybe they changed the more folks downloaded it, and what not. But as of now, it's far from the ratings disaster he implied at the time it seems to me. Unless of course, i'm not not looking at something others are.
No worries on my end. And I think what you are saying is true about more and more players giving it a proper rating.

brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 pm If you sell all the buildings etc then obviously any vehicles aligned to height of that building will float e.g. pickup at farmhouse, vehicles can not be used as placeables so cannot be sold with a building they can only be placed in a map using defaultVehicles.xml same applies to any parked cars aligned to the terrain or around a sellable object they will also float.

Also as stated by the young fella with crystal balls, we have been sidetracked by the console slot count thing.
Both maps are now with BlobbyFarmer for a final check so we should now be back on track with Console update and sending PC for testing.
I can only apologise for the delay.
I guess that would explain the floating issue I've been hearing about, I have not personally experienced it. I don't think it will be any issue with me, I like to start from scratch and custom design my farm. No need to apologize in my opinion, I'm excited to see the map and I will continue to wait because it seems to me your are doing the best you can. Thank you for your efforts!
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

I think buying the entire map and running realistic equipment might have been a mistake on my end. I'm not looking forward to planting at all. These are some massive fields
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

brewcrewer wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:36 am I think buying the entire map and running realistic equipment might have been a mistake on my end. I'm not looking forward to planting at all. These are some massive fields
Zach Johnson may be getting an 1870 and C850 in his future... :lol:
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)