seasons/precision farm dlc

Bharrison

seasons/precision farm dlc

Post by Bharrison »

hi,

I'm playing six ashes on console with seasons and precision farming dlc

I have two fields i planted in early spring with wheat, both are showing as growing on the field map in the pause menu, but saying germinated in the field information overlay in the bottom left of the screen.

everything else is growing fine and all fields are fertilised to max according to precision dlc.

but the other baffling bit is no crops are showing in those fields and its early summer and just entering the harvest window for wheat.

Im using the six ashes geo from modhub as i don't have the maize plus version in case thats a possible issue

thanks in advance for any information any one has on this.
DMZ Commander

Re: seasons/precision farm dlc

Post by DMZ Commander »

Be patient, if the germination was successful then it's growing. Seasons adds additional growth stages
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

its more curiosity really as it baffled me as the wheat was planted first.

would a change of seasons day length cause any changes ie from 9 to 6.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not every crop is going at the right temperature
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:56 pm Not every crop is going at the right temperature
not something that i thought of.

I guess I don't want to plough up and re seed the fields unless i have no other options left.

The information is all a massive help
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bharrison wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:34 pm its more curiosity really as it baffled me as the wheat was planted first.

Yes it messes up growth and is advised to change season length over winter while nothing is growing. Wait until winter and the growth will reset and everything will be hunky dory
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:05 am
Bharrison wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:34 pm its more curiosity really as it baffled me as the wheat was planted first.

Yes it messes up growth and is advised to change season length over winter while nothing is growing. Wait until winter and the growth will reset and everything will be hunky dory
has the change put the wheat into a winter crop then.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

one of the things I have learned with seasons, especially on pc where u have more control over things like time scale, is if u mess around and adjust anything related to the time scale.. ff to fast or changing season length.. it could potentially have nasty reactions out of the crops not growing.. lots of times restarting will help jumpstart the growth process but if its like one of my other games, once its off, u may have to wait until the following cycle to get it back on track
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Guil

Post by Guil »

Bharrison wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:33 pm
Guil wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:05 am

has the change put the wheat into a winter crop then.
No it just messes up growth altogether, that wheat is a right off now unfortunately. Other crops planted since the change may grow properly but expect issues until winter has come and gone
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

so setting up the wheat for winter canola is the best thing i can do
Guil

Post by Guil »

There is no guarantee that the other crops you have planted will grow properly and be ready to harvest before winter. Have you got much time in the save?
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

the spring canola i planted is one step of harvest ready (dark green) on pause screen menu so i think that's fine as that is looking possible i planted that after the change, my grass field is cycling fine and my oat fields are a same stage a my spring canola as i bought those fields pre sown as they came with the pig yard.

just in the early harvest window ie first day for the spring canola

the winter crops are due in in the autumn
Bharrison

Post by Bharrison »

just an up date to my last post the oat and canola fields have just turned to ready to harvest on all information pannels (yellow in pause menu), the failed wheat fields now say harvested even though i didn't cut them myself.

the fields literally just changed to ready to harvest as i logged on to check the thread
Guil

Post by Guil »

With seasons you can only harvest on the last ready to harvest stage
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:26 pm With seasons you can only harvest on the last ready to harvest stage
By 'stage' I must assume you mean planted-growing-ready, because there are 3 shades of orange (ready to harvest) and you can harvest at any of those.