How do you guys do it?

Farmercaseih

Re: How do you guys do it?

Post by Farmercaseih »

We grow row crops so if we did our own spraying we could just count and follow the rows
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

As has been stated, I just figure the proper position and learn my "mark" on the tractor... it varies with tractor to tractor and implement but overall works well... otherwise I use trackIR so I can lean around in cab and keep my hands free to operate the tractor.. with the 32:10 aspect ratio it only takes a glance to one side or the other of my monitor to see all the way behind me with the tracker so its not too bad

edit - put correct ratio
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:50 pm
Hoffa82 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:13 pm How do you guys keep track of where you've already been? I mean, in game its hard to see from cab-view where I've put down slurry or not for example. Is it a matter of me needing to be more focused and just remember, or do you use some other trick?

The thing it, that got me started thinking about this was that yesterday I rolled a grass meadow, with a roller that acts like a fertilizer (I know, not entirely realistic, but I wanted to try it out) and it was a mess.... when I looked at the map after it was not...what would you say... well, the result was underwhelming to put it nicely. But to my defence I had no way to visually tell where I've been or not. If the grass would have stayed flat after the roller went over it, there would be no problem, but now it all looked the same.

As I said earlier, I'm not bashing the game for this, I just want to learn how to do it properly (withine the limitations of the game of course)
With regards Farm Sim and grass rolling I've always used rollers that we've setup to use a script which puts the grass back to the cut stage as well as fertilizing.
Doing rolling straight after cutting the grass works best as you can more easily see the ground through the grass foliage, fertilized ground will be darker.

Your right in your assumption that it takes a lot of concentration in RL to keep neat lines when not using GPS.
My RL straight plowing skills are lacking, a very square field alway ends up with a triangle no matter how straight I think I am
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Over time you get used to the width of the implement, when I am cultivating I only have to look back to make sure it isn't broken or dragging up or anything like that
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Once watched a guy lose a gang of disks then circle around and run it over again
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Mwal wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:17 am Once watched a guy lose a gang of disks then circle around and run it over again
My cousin did similar many years ago. She was running a Steiger Bearcat pulling a disk or cultivator and a cultipacker behind that. Field conditions were really dry and dusty. Apparently when she got to the end of the row the cultipacker came unhooked and when she turned around to go the other way she ran over it
Playing on PC and PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It wasn’t dusty when this guy did it haha, it was wet clay we were drying and what knocked him out of lala land was running the gang over with the tractor.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I lost the drag once last spring, but I pretty much watched it happen
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

We lost a running 3pt Tedder...
2 brains aren’t always better.
Dad and I hooked it up but neither of us thought to switch the Pat’s Easy Hitch washers from another implement onto the pins, managed to stay on until the first turn in the field and then a big dust cloud came over as it dug into the dirt.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

towing a full load of round bales with one on the front loader is a wreck ready to happen, one of the guys I used to work with back in the late 80's ran right overtop of a car doing this