Placable Refill Tanks issue

greymanegaming

Placable Refill Tanks issue

Post by greymanegaming »

Hey all, not new to FS, but new to modding the game and the forum here...

I looked, but didn't see anything specific on this issue.

I am using the Kuhn Delta 1302 MTA 3 fertilizer spreader and just placed the liquid fertilizer tank from the mod pack "Placeable Refill Tanks".

I ran it out of fertilizer and went to fill it with the placed tank... and it won't register as being fillable from any side. I tried to open/close the sprayer, but it doesn't seem to have that functionality.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable, or is this a bug?

any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "Modding" to "General Discussion", since it is not about creating or changing mod.
Dorsai

Re: Placable Refill Tanks issue

Post by Dorsai »

At one time i used same tanks, if i remember correctly sprayer tank lid has to be open to use. Also with liquid sprayer i ended having to be practically right next to tank to get refill trigger to show up. I do not recall which side i was on. I also can not say if any of the update patches have changed anything with the mod. Hope you find a solution to issue.
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m not sure but if you’re on pc but the interactive sprayers were updated for the manure mod to use hoses. I don’t use the Kuhn interactive sprayers so I have no clue if there is different versions but if you are using that particular mod I would take a look at the mod hub page as it has some instructions on different versions and what to do before updating.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

The giants placeable refills are still my favorite to use. The 19 version though does have a pretty tight refill trigger, almost have to run into the tanks to hit it. The Kuhn back pack sprayer does have to be opened.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
greymanegaming

Post by greymanegaming »

Thanks all for the replies!

Since I posted this... I've tried a few things:
1. Loaded into my game and tried to find a keybinding in settings or in the context menu for the equipment. Tried pushing "N" since it's seems to be the default key to open/close hatches/tarps/covers. Tried driving around the placeable station to fill the sprayer... no luck there.

2. I started a new game and edited the save file to gave myself enough money to buy the tractor, tanks, and equipment that I have in my real game. I started a vanilla game and bought the tractor and sprayer, saved and quit, then added the mod and placed the tank for the liquid fertilizer. I then attached the sprayer and attempted backing up to the sides and corners until I touched it, then tried driving around it keeping it to my right, and then to my left. I went through all of the possible locations with the arms closed and then opened. I never get the option to refill the tank no matter how close or which direction.

3. I then downloaded another mod that had the same purpose, uninstalled the first and installed the second and then went through the same process trying all the locations with the sprayer arms open and closed. It still wouldn't fill. It seems that the only way to fill this vanilla sprayer is with the containers you buy at the store or hiring a helper to drive the tractor for you... which... I'm in early game, so I don't feel the need to do.

My friend who introduced me to the series by buying me FS13 and giving me some mod links for it also uses the vanilla sprayer and the mod pack in my original post and has never had a problem with filling it. BUT... another friend of ours... said he can't get it to work either... the friend who says his works said that the mod's functionality has been mixed for quite some time.

@Dorsai -- I seemed to remember that the lids opened when I first got the game, but I can't find any keybinding in the settings, nor is there one for the sprayer in the context menu when I attach the sprayer to the front or back of my tractor.

@Mwal -- heh... yeah... I own consoles but never play them and didn't even think about the fact that FS is on consoles. The info might have helped out some... yes, I am on pc. The sprayer is the vanilla one that is in the game, I didn't realize there was a mod for them. I'll have to check into it and see if that fixes the issue I'm having.

@CowsGoMoo -- Yeah, they make things really handy through out the game and I normally end up placing several of them through the game map as I expand. I play in spurts and it'd been close to a year since I last played and it was working fine before that... so I'm kind of at a loss as to what happened.
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

Try resetting keybindings to default.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Most interesting how mod functions depending on whose pc it is on. I was on Ravensburg base game map at time of using refill tanks. At the time it was my first time into using mods as i had come from mobile game FS20. Have a pleasant day.
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
greymanegaming

Post by greymanegaming »

@dziuch -- I'll try it, but I've never felt a need to modify the bindings... but that doesn't mean that at one of the many times I've fallen asleep at my keyboard I didn't change something without knowing it. lol... the problem with working an on call 24/7 job and working a 20 hour shift. lol... at least I've never woken up with my head on the keyboard. :D

@Dorsai -- yeah... it USED to work on mine... it was the whole reason I started using the mod. I had a large cluster of fields and kept having to run back to the store to buy fertilizer with a flatbed trailer and my tractor... I keep my money spent in the game and don't care to use the helpers until I've gotten my 'farm' up to about 1/4 or 1/3 of the map... because then I start running into issues of crops rotting from them being in the fields too long. Oh well, such is life... thanks again for trying to help. Gonna sit down today and test the kuhn modded sprayer that Mwal thought I was using to see if that fixes it.
greymanegaming

Post by greymanegaming »

got it solved? ... I think...

I started by (once again) using steam to verify the files... THIS time... it found 1 file that needed to be downloaded. I'm not sure which one it did. I checked through the folders and it wasn't showing any creation/modify dates for today. Then, I went into the save game and reset the keybindings and when I went back into the game from the menus... the f1 help menu briefly popped up 3-4 seconds for open/close cover... and then disappeared. The covers now open and close though and I was able to fill up on the liquid fertilizer tank. It doesn't show the open/close menu whether I'm parked next to the tank or away from it though now... even after doing the key reset.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Horackim

Post by Horackim »

Hello,
I had the same problem as you and the keyboard's key reset was working until I removed the hitch from the sprayer.
After reflection I thought to myself that it could come from a conflict with another device.
I had an Xbox controller plugged into the PC, I unplugged it and since then no more problem opening the sprayer with the "N" key.
Hope this can help other people.