Bunker silo for fermenting Alfalfa

RODHA

Bunker silo for fermenting Alfalfa

Post by RODHA »

Does anybody know a bunker silo mod for consoles that accept alfalfa_windrow?

I’m on Chellington Valley and just mowed alfalfa off of field 1 to my surprise that Giants silos don’t accept it.

As I have never done Alfalfa before I didn’t know this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance for any kind of help :hi:
I really don’t want to waste that much Alfalfa.
PS5 / FS22
duncan_101

Re: Bunker silo for fermenting Alfalfa

Post by duncan_101 »

Uhm alfalfa? How do I get that crop in game?

I seem to be missing something lols
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Some maps have it built in.
Also, I know you want a bunker silo, I don't know of one, but global company has a fermenting silo for alfalfa.
Edit: sorry just realized you are on ps4.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks mate. It seems my harvest is just doomed.
PS5 / FS22
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I guess this one is, yes.
You should file a bug report, i just checked a random silo from the mod hub and the filltypes can be easily changed just like in any other "container", so the fix should be quick, if the modder gets the info.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:13 pm Does anybody know a bunker silo mod for consoles that accept alfalfa_windrow?

I’m on Chellington Valley and just mowed alfalfa off of field 1 to my surprise that Giants silos don’t accept it.

As I have never done Alfalfa before I didn’t know this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance for any kind of help :hi:
I really don’t want to waste that much Alfalfa.
Sell it in the barn
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yeah. Noticed that later on. Thanks. But still, barn pays almost nothing compared to the silage.
PS5 / FS22
JamP

Post by JamP »

Did you try to harvest with a harvester? If I'm not mistaken, in Ravensberg, by harvesting alfalfa he also gave me hay. I may be wrong because I'm two weeks away from getting on the map, but I think that's right. Take the test later.

Edit. My mistake. It gives me hay if I harvest ackergras. For alfalfa it gives me 30% gain on the grass. Please ignore my failed attempt to help.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

if this is a problem with alfalfa I wonder how clover is.. I am pretty sure dimi has a field of clover planted and idk if he had planned on fermenting any of it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
gmoody79

Post by gmoody79 »

As far as can tell, on console there is not any way to ferment alfalpha or clover. You need the more bunker silo mod only available on PC. The best way to check if it is possible is to check you price page and see if there is anywhere that buys it. Again, I'm not positive but I think it is a PC only thing with Maize Plus extensions and more bunker silo mods.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

If you cut alfalfa and pick it up with a loading wagon I don't think you can put it straight into a silage clamp, like grass. Grass has to be tedded once or cut with a mower conditioner, I assume alflafa and clover is the same? Give it a try.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Rodha, I ran into the same issue on Stone Valley. Planted a bunch of Alfalfa for silage only to find out the clamps wouldn't accept it. I ended up baling it all, storing what I needed, and selling the rest of the bales. It was pretty disappointing because I planted ALOT. Lol.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
empato

Post by empato »

CombineBert wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:22 pm If you cut alfalfa and pick it up with a loading wagon I don't think you can put it straight into a silage clamp, like grass. Grass has to be tedded once or cut with a mower conditioner, I assume alflafa and clover is the same? Give it a try.
What you describe is the procedure if you use MaizePlus and the extensions.
None of that is available on console.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:13 pm
I will try to help you with the best way I can.

For us the PC players (Linux, Windows, Mac) there are many options for fermenting Alfalfa but unfortunately for the console players there aren't many choices, because Microsoft and SONY are not accepting external scripts (the reason is because they afraid of hacking but I wont analyse this here).

Now, since you are in console and you can harvest Alfalfa in the map you playing, if you cannot store it anywhere then you can have a modded silo to store it, for example the Silo Wood :

Silo Wood
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

You said you playing on Chellington Valley map, and probably the mapper added "alfalfa_windrow" as a fill type, therefore you can ferment it in a bunker, or you can wrap it into silage bales.

I haven't play Chellington Valley, so I would like to recommend you to play Ravensberg
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

In Ravensberg you can have as additional fruits for console: field grass, clover, alfalfa, carrots and onions.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*