Seeder/cultivater question question

Neofit

Seeder/cultivater question question

Post by Neofit »

Hi,

I've been reading up on the proper way and order of doing things. It seems that the consensus is:

1/ Plow/lime (if required)
2/ Fertilize (layer 1)
3/ Cultivate the lime and fertilizer into the ground
4/ Seed (optionally with fertilizer layer 2)
5/ Fertilize layer 2 if not done in step 4
6/ Herbicide

Now in the "Seeders" folder in the store there is this Stara Ceres Master 3570, which can seed and fertilize at the same time, plus it says "(no previous cultivating or plowing necessary)". Does the latter mean it can also automatically do step 3, i.e. at the same Cultivate fertilizer layer #1 into the ground, Seed plus spread fertilizer layer #2? Or do I still need to do step 3 separately to do things the proper way?

Thanks
Last edited by Neofit on Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS19+22 PC
ChiefContractor

Re: Seeder/cultivater question question

Post by ChiefContractor »

If youre using a no till yoke, its step one two then four. Skip three and five and do six
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

ChiefContractor wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am If youre using a no till yoke
I won't even try to pretend that I know what that is :).
FS19+22 PC
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Its one of the seed drills that cultivate n everything
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

If you use a drill with a fertilizer tank, it would be better if you do 2-1-4 if it needs plowing/lime, otherwise you should do 4-5 (after the first groth stage)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You can also skip plowing all together if the game doesn’t require it. It’s relatively common and considered better practice to only do deep tillage when it’s needed.
juf.de wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:57 am If you use a drill with a fertilizer tank, it would be better if you do 2-1-4 if it needs plowing/lime, otherwise you should do 4-5 (after the first groth stage)
If your plowing in the traditional way I would cultivate after.
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

Is there a way to get 100% fertilized using a Stara Ceres Master 3570? What I did:

* Harvested
* Plowed
* Dry Fertilized, got it to 50-something fertilized
* Used the Stara to Cultivate/Sow/Fertilize in one pass. Still have 50-something fertilized.

I am reading now that the field has to change state before the 2nd fertilization. And it seems that when running the 3-in one machine the game does not register a state change before the cultivation/sowing and the fertilization.

So I removed the fertilizer from the Ceres and just sowed a few rows. Then removed the seeds and put back the dry fertilizer, only to realize that the device won't dispense just the fertilizer, it has to have some seeds inside to fertilize along :). Never mind, brought my dedicated dry fertilization machine, fertilized the previously sown rows, and 80% fertilized. Not 100%, but still better.

So what's going on, the machines that sow+fertilize are only useful to dispense the 1st fertilization layer, not the second one? So technically they internally fertilize then cultivate then sow, and require another fertilization pass to go above 50%? So in my case, the sequence should be:

1/ Lime if needed
2/ Plow if needed
3/ Run the Ceres-type cultivator/sower/fertilizer machine and get fertilization layer #1
4/ Fertilize again for layer #2
5/ Herbicide

Right?
FS19+22 PC
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Neofit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:47 pm

1/ Lime if needed
2/ Plow if needed
3/ Run the Ceres-type cultivator/sower/fertilizer machine and get fertilization layer #1
5/ Herbicide

Right?
Yes. And if you're using seasons there will be a 3rd application needed after another growth stage.
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

Neofit wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:47 pm 1/ Lime if needed
2/ Plow if needed
5/ Herbicide
OK, this thing doesn't work either to get 100% fertilization. Apparently step 3 doesn't generate a field status change after fertilizing, so step 4 doesn't add anything.

What does work and has just been tested is to herbicide before fertilization #2:

1/ Lime if needed
2/ Plow if needed
4/ Herbicide
5/ Fertilize again for layer #2

100% fertilization.
FS19+22 PC
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Do you get 100% if you:

- Harvest
- Slurry or manure application to stubble
- lime if needed
- plow if needed
- Ceres seeded and fert

🧐
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Understand that no till planters/seeders don't cultivate, they chane the status to planted. If you like you could fert then cultivate, then plant with fertilizer
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 am Do you get 100% if you:

- Harvest
- Slurry or manure application to stubble
- lime if needed
- plow if needed
- Ceres seeded and fert
I have no slurry nor manure so I can't test. But what my previous tests have shown is that fertilizing right before or right after a pass with the cultivator/seeder/fertilizer machine does not give 100%, which seems to indicate that the machine does not register a field status change either before or after it applies its own fertilizer. So you need to perform something else on the field between the use of the 3-in-one machine and a fertilization pass.

In your case, if slurry/manure application follows the same rules as fertilization, logic dictates that it should work if you do actually either lime or plow before the pass with the Ceres, and would probably fail if you don't.

Atm I think the fastest thing is to cultivate/sow/fertilize in one pass, then herbicide (since you need it anyway), then fertilize again for the 100% status.
FS19+22 PC
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Crazof wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:04 am Understand that no till planters/seeders don't cultivate, they chane the status to planted. If you like you could fert then cultivate, then plant with fertilizer
Other than the smaller air drill and cart I believe. (I think it actually cultivates)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

So if you are using the smaller air drill and cart in game and you stop forward movement, raise the drill and move away we should see a portion of the area from under the drill showing as cultivated and a portion as planted?

Is that what you are saying? It seems like that is what you are saying. I dont think I've ever seen that in game, it would make it really hard to plant endrows and then the main body of the field as you'd have a small strip of cultivated ground when you raised the drill.

Seems to me that once any seeder/planter in game changes the ground state under it, that ground state is shown as planted.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you're using lime you can do this:

1) Fertilise
2) Lime
3) Drill/fertilise combination, like the Ceres
4) Herbicide.

It's not even remotely realistic, but it will give you 100% yield.

If you don't need to add lime and if you don't want to plough (or subsoil) or cultivate separately then you'll have to do something like this:

1) Drill/fertilise combination
2) wait at least one growth stage
3 or 4) Fertilise
3 or 4) Herbicide.