Respawning landscape logs

Neofit

Respawning landscape logs

Post by Neofit »

Hello,

I am playing on the Felsbrunn map. I have purchased lot 20 in the middle, the one with the tiny field and a small concrete area on its southern side ready to create a farm. It has a small hill to the north, covered with trees and a lookout tower.

I want to clear out the hill and terraform it into the flattest area possible. So I cut the trees and removed the stumps, but the game won't let me terraform claiming there are objects preventing it. So I presumed it's the half-rotten trunks and logs that the game threw into the forest for ambience. Fair enough, I rented a claw, removed a log and sold it, got some money, nice. So I filled my two trailers with said rotten landscape logs until there were no more left on the hill, saved the game, exited and went to eat lunch.

Upon reload I figured that my trailers were empty and that all the logs had respawned on the hill. So I'll never be able to get rid of them then? Or if I manage to clear the hill, sell the logs then terraform, the ambience logs won't rewpawn?
FS19+22 PC
FarmerDan72

Re: Respawning landscape logs

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Yeah, it seems anything movable that the map maker placed will always return to it's original location after a reload, so you can't really tidy up anywhere unless it's a new mess that you made. I've spent time neatly stacking a bunch of old tires only to find them scattered around again the next time I played.

I'm not sure what would happen if you change the shape of the land after you move something, but I'm guessing the logs will appear on your newly flattened ground just the same, or possibly be floating in the air where the hill used to be.
PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Pretty sure you can grind them and sell them at the saw mill.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Eische

Post by Eische »

I'm pretty sure those logs will not appear again after you sold them.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

I can confirm it. You have to collect and sell them in one session, then they won't respawn on the next reload.
FS19+22 PC