Scaling of vehicles

Cokey

Scaling of vehicles

Post by Cokey »

I guess there is no scaling for modded vehicles on fs19. My case in point is on sandy bay i put the iveco tractor unit alongside the double decker bus and it was almost the same height. As an hgv driver i can definitely confirm that if a double decker bus was the same height as an hgv, the people on the top deck would have to be a maximum of three feet tall. Surely a simulator should at the bare minimum be scaled correctly
DEERE317

Re: Scaling of vehicles

Post by DEERE317 »

Cokey wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 am I guess there is no scaling for modded vehicles on fs19. My case in point is on sandy bay i put the iveco tractor unit alongside the double decker bus and it was almost the same height. As an hgv driver i can definitely confirm that if a double decker bus was the same height as an hgv, the people on the top deck would have to be a maximum of three feet tall. Surely a simulator should at the bare minimum be scaled correctly
All are mods, and not GIANTS, go complain to the truck modder and/or Oxygen David.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Eische

Post by Eische »

You could use any of the larger combines as reference for height.
Especially the European models use maximum of the available space. So they are 4m tall at the cab roof.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

Eische wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:02 am You could use any of the larger combines as reference for height.
Especially the European models use maximum of the available space. So they are 4m tall at the cab roof.
My favorite mod that was way under scaled was the 100k liter capacity trailer, I forgot the name of it off the top of my head. It looked like it belonged on the back of a 1/2 ton pick-up opposed to a Peterbilt truck. :lol: :hi:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

You can be the person who tests the scaling for every mod if you want