Economy mods

Adamvet

Economy mods

Post by Adamvet »

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if it is mods for better economy for fs19? This it means economy for whole year, how much I spent for fertiliser, how much I have earned for my goods etc?
DirectCedar

Re: Economy mods

Post by DirectCedar »

Adamvet wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:11 pm Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if it is mods for better economy for fs19? This it means economy for whole year, how much I spent for fertiliser, how much I have earned for my goods etc?
Unfortunately I don’t think so. I’ve been looking for mods like this for quite a while.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

Thank you for answering guys. I thought about to do something like that on excel as well but I see is already done.
One thing was could be nightmare it is that you have to have 2 computer or always note on paper and then everything put to the excel sheet after the game.
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

But anyway. This sheet is great work. I will be using. So thank you for your work.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Adamvet wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:27 am Thank you for answering guys. I thought about to do something like that on excel as well but I see is already done.
One thing was could be nightmare it is that you have to have 2 computer or always note on paper and then everything put to the excel sheet after the game.
Use google docs. Then you can have a shared spreadsheet online.

Since you mentioned economy stats for the year, I assume you are using seasons? Back in October last year I started implementing a way to keep all of the stats per year into the mod, instead of just daily. I never got around to the GUI and we have unfortunately decided to shelve further changes to the mod.
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

Yes, I'm playing with seasons mod. For me the seasons mod is the one of the best mods.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

theSeb wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:59 am
Adamvet wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:27 am Thank you for answering guys. I thought about to do something like that on excel as well but I see is already done.

Since you mentioned economy stats for the year, I assume you are using seasons? Back in October last year I started implementing a way to keep all of the stats per year into the mod, instead of just daily. I never got around to the GUI and we have unfortunately decided to shelve further changes to the mod.
Is that because Seasons 19 is effectively complete (as much as any software is finally final :)) or has the modding energy run down in the RM team?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

Seasons give you realistic time frame, what is good for me. There is the time for plowing, sowing, harvest and maintenance vehicles. This mod give you much more realistic game and now you know for what you have to pay attention.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

You can take a look at RealLifeNumbers. It is on modhoster.com. It uses scripts and cannot be used on consoles. It is not prepared for Multiplayer mode. It requires Seasons and is compatible with many maps, but there are always a few maps that causes issues. It generates several thousand lines of output and dumps this to the log file.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

I have to look on it looks very interesting. Cheers mate.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

theSeb wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:59 am I never got around to the GUI and we have unfortunately decided to shelve further changes to the mod.
NOOOOOO!!! So sorry to hear this. Maybe in the next release of FS?
Anyway - we actually have something like this in the Precision Farming DLC where you can have all your expenses/incomes per field. It's not perfect but its something. For example: income is calculated at the time of harvest. Some crops (soybeans) prices vary quite a lot between harvest time and "best price time". So if you hold on to your crop until best price time you end up quite a lot better than PF shows.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Is that because Seasons 19 is effectively complete (as much as any software is finally final :)) or has the modding energy run down in the RM team?
It's a combination of things.

• Regression testing of changes is painful since one cannot create automated tests
  • We cannot release further updates for the console version
  • Creating GUIs is not fun at all in the FS19 framework and it is difficult to get translators for new GUI stuff
  • We have decided that the mod is feature complete from a 19 point of view
  • We have other projects / real life / work keeping us busy
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm

It's a combination of things.

• Regression testing of changes is painful since one cannot create automated tests
  • We cannot release further updates for the console version
  • Creating GUIs is not fun at all in the FS19 framework and it is difficult to get translators for new GUI stuff
  • We have decided that the mod is feature complete from a 19 point of view
  • We have other projects / real life / work keeping us busy
A question I just thought to ask, is it possible to pull that data out of a savegame file or elsewhere? (I’m reading it as it was completed but never given a GUI/purpose/left there)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:46 pm
A question I just thought to ask, is it possible to pull that data out of a savegame file or elsewhere? (I’m reading it as it was completed but never given a GUI/purpose/left there)
Since I was saving the annual data I suppose it could have been pulled out by reading the savegame xml file, but the code is in a separate "branch" in the seasons code repository. This branch has never been merged back onto the "main trunk" of the codebase, which is what is released. We have a fairly stringent code and release management process and we do not release half-completed features as part of the main code base.