Blue Screen Issues

vondeylenfarms

Re: Blue Screen Issues

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:15 pm I thought I could help you Vondeylen, but right now with all the clues. The only constant is PS4. It’s not the map, not always the planter... I hope someone can find something for you.
30mins into the game and i got the blue screen. I just bought 2 tlx 9000 and was hooking the truck to the new wilson pacesetters 🤷 seems odd...maybe it's that combo or the pacesetter?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:15 pm I thought I could help you Vondeylen, but right now with all the clues. The only constant is PS4. It’s not the map, not always the planter... I hope someone can find something for you.
30mins into the game and i got the blue screen. I just bought 2 tlx 9000 and was hooking the truck to the new wilson pacesetters 🤷 seems odd...maybe it's that combo or the pacesetter?
Sorry Bud. :( I know how I'd feel if I was in the same situation as you. I'd be downright pi$$ed off. And the only help you'll get from Giants is delete all your mods and play the with the base game items. The only help I can see is delete all the mods that came out last Thursday and Friday, and try there for a while.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I had an issue with a save game early last week, I'm wondering might it be caused by whatever is causing everyone elses issue, anyway I went to load up the save an it would only load to about 60 or 70% an then put me back to the xbox home screen everytime, I hadn't installed any new mods an when I tried other saves with the same mods everything worked fine, also tried a new save of that map and no problems, hasn't happened since but my old save is now dead because it wont load anymore.
EDIT;
I was playing the map Greenlands
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:58 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 pm
Sorry Bud. :( I know how I'd feel if I was in the same situation as you. I'd be downright pi$$ed off. And the only help you'll get from Giants is delete all your mods and play the with the base game items. The only help I can see is delete all the mods that came out last Thursday and Friday, and try there for a while.
So I kept the pacesetters and did a different semi...went right to hooking them up and blue screened right away. Started again and sold the pacesetters and bought base game ones and hooked them and no issues. So either it's the pacesetters or it still has tk do with things on the main farm...as when I sold them all I had to hook them at the store away from the farm. I'll keep you posted. Maybe I fixed it 🤞🤞
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
lawm

Post by lawm »

Chedly, last update for PS4 was when the last DLC dropped......I dont remember seeing notification that there was another
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So like nine days before PS4 players started having blue screen issues, so I doubt that is the issue. I am curious though, are any Euro players having this problem?

ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

It is highly possible that one of the mods slot count is not configured correctly again causing you to overload the console memory, as that was the case with Griffin 1.1.0.0 sense fixed with 1.1.1.0 and 1.2.0.0.

The only way to test is drop mods one by one, but that won't tell you which one has wrong numbers being reported, just will free up more memory and be under the threshold. I would look at the mod and see how many details are on the model, moving parts ect.. Those will be the memory hog and if the slot count is particular low compared to others of the same detail, that could be the culprit.

However if you took the same mod with skewed slot numbers and ran by itself on vanille map the game will never crash because you will never hit the ram threshold. Although that excludes the case planter until its updated.

I highly doubt there is a problem with the map, but one can never be certain. I am also convinced it is not a conflict between mods. I checked log files with the mods in question and the logs are all clean even when using them together. So its seems it's more of a memory problem.

Hopefully when the next gen consoles come out all of this will be stories are grandparents tell us about. Well back in my day.....
Edit: memory crash problems only effect consoles and that does seem to be the constant
Last edited by ajFarmer on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:42 pm It is highly possible that one of the mods slot count is not configured correctly again causing you to overload the console memory, as that was the case with Griffin 1.1.0.0 sense fixed with 1.1.1.0 and 1.2.0.0.

*snip*

I highly doubt there is a problem with the map, but one can never be certain. I am also convinced it is not a conflict between mods. I checked log files with the mods in question and the logs are all clean even when using them together. So its seems it's more of a memory problem.

*snip*
Players are having the issue on multiple maps, So I feel that rules out the maps as the cause.

eric21

Post by eric21 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:29 pm So like nine days before PS4 players started having blue screen issues, so I doubt that is the issue. I am curious though, are any Euro players having this problem?
I use American equipment and on ps4, no problems here
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I looked up the specs for PS4 and Xbox One and how the memory is allocated here are the numbers

PS4- (8GB RAM) 3.5GB reserved for operating system 4.5GB "guaranteed" available to developer software
Xbox One- (8GB RAM) 3.0GB reserved for operating system 5.0GB "guaranteed" available to developer software

Seeing as most of the crashes are PS4 that 0.5GB difference might be enough to crash it earlier
Which further supports hardware memory problems due to incorrect slot numbers.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Ok it just happened to me again, on my Lazy Acres save game. I only downloaded the new feed mixer released today. I don’t think it’s a mod or map issue but as aj said I think it’s a false slot count/system storage issue. A lot of maps have mods that need to be downloaded with them and I wonder if they are causing problems when not properly uninstalled.
Just a thought.
Meant to say, PS4 UK
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

It happens to me too on Erlengrat, no mod installed. I did save the game manually and after it crashes.
I think it started after the Grimme DLC update (I didn't buy that one). I'm using a PS4 slim.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Didn't Giants do a patch about a week after the Grimme DLC's release?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
lawm

Post by lawm »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:12 pm Didn't Giants do a patch about a week after the Grimme DLC's release?
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt there was another update a week after Grimme. Last time we got an update asap was after precision farming messed up seasons animals selling fiasco. I don't recall any issues with last update. We got it and then got last precision update for console and Grimme. At least that's how I remember it lol

Edit: unless you mean just one update but after Grimme. I'm certain it was before the Grimme but just one update. Sorry if I'm confusing everyone
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fade2black wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:05 pm Ok it just happened to me again, on my Lazy Acres save game. I only downloaded the new feed mixer released today. I don’t think it’s a mod or map issue but as aj said I think it’s a false slot count/system storage issue. A lot of maps have mods that need to be downloaded with them and I wonder if they are causing problems when not properly uninstalled.
Just a thought.
Meant to say, PS4 UK
Did u download the planter?