17%
3) Sometimes yes, sometimes no
17%

Total votes: 58

Paco_86

Seasons... Yes or no?

Post by Paco_86 »

Do you use seasons in your game? Please, tell me your reasons. ☺
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Dairydeere

Re: Seasons... Yes or no?

Post by Dairydeere »

I can't do without it. Without Seasons, the growth of crops and raising of animals becomes unorganized chaos, constant moving, never a time to breathe. And with Seasons, you get better graphics (it gets dark at night too lol), snow, and realistic animal raising. The first Season is especially difficult since your fields are in a low state (even more so with Precision Farming), but after that, you get a smooth operation going into your second year and realize how glad you are that Seasons was included.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I like to play at my own pace and I don't like doing all my planting, plowing, harvesting, etc.,. at once, so I do not use it. However, I do turn growth stages off until I'm ready to move on how ever. I first started doing this on 17 because I was tired of grass growing while I was mowing. I avoid having to fast forward in winter, or waiting for proper temps to plant. I don't know. It's my game play, so I just try to play with the most enjoyment for myself.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'll never play without it again. I like the change of scenery. And I like the feeling of urgency at times (if it gets too "urgent", I just change the time to 1x).
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I don’t use season’s either for all the reasons Chedly listed.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I won't play the game without it.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

I like Seasons a lot and IMO Realismus Modding did an excellent job, but unfortuntely I cannot use Seasons. The reason is because I like to breed horses and Horse Breeding (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019) with Seasons are conflict.

Realismus Modding wanted to have horses in livery stables, but hey, those horses are not coming from another planet, someone has to breed them :lol:

Since is take it or leave it, I choose to leave it and not use it but I recommend Seasons to players who will not want to breed horses and therefore they wont face any mod conflicts.

So, about the question Seasons Yes or No, in my case is not just simple :)
Yes if you don't want to breed horses, No if you want to breed horses.

After all, is just a matter of choice and personal preferences.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

I forgot to ask something 😓 if you say yes... How days do you you use in your season?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I use 6 day seasons. I have enough to do that I rarely ever have to fast forward through an entire day.

Smaller arable-crop only farms could get by with 3 day seasons. Large animal farms might benefit from 9 days to guarantee good weather for hay.

Edit: I always play at 5x unless I absolutely have to get something done then I'll slow to 1x. **Unless I want to accept the loss, then I'll just go with it.
Last edited by fenixguy on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Yes, can`t play without it. Usually 6 days with 5x speed. that´s the best setting for me.
During harvest I reduce speed sometimes to 1x and I always skip night when it`s getting dark.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I haven't dug too deep into raising livestock yet. My favorite thing to do is grow corn and soybeans, so I've been able to get by pretty good using 3-day.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Lol I dont know how to vote but I feel we have a lot on common. Trying to figure out which way is best. Good luck!
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

lawm wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:44 pm Lol I dont know how to vote but I feel we have a lot on common. Trying to figure out which way is best. Good luck!
Exactly hahaha.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Yes, playing with 9 days per season - usually playing on 1x or 2x speed - when I'm in a hurry and don't have much irl time to spend, the speed sometimes hit 480x :mrgreen:
But I try to play as realistic as possible, and I see Seasons as one of the biggest steps trying to make it so. *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm I'll never play without it again. I like the change of scenery. And I like the feeling of urgency at times (if it gets too "urgent", I just change the time to 1x).
+1 and same reasons here. I usually play at 1x when there is anything to do and fast forward (120x) when there is not. And in winter the nights are longer so sleeping through them takes care of most of the dead time.

Edit: I like 9 day seasons as recommended by the mod makers, in part because I find there are imbalances in some of the mod geos available. More specifically, the precipitation frequency and drying times may be out of whack meaning you may get an unrealistically small chance of a viable harvest window with shorter seasons. You get that anyways with some geos even with 9 days seasons... which tells me maybe those geo makers intended even longer seasons. Either go with the default geo or test/research the one you're thinking of using before spending a lot of hours playing it.
Last edited by dogwalker1 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.