17%
3) Sometimes yes, sometimes no
17%

Total votes: 58

lawm

Re: Seasons... Yes or no?

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:48 pm

(I can easily put in a large chunk of an IRL day mowing hay at 1x, with a 30ft Krone butterfly mower)

Annnnnnd this is why I should not stick with seasons......dont got no time like this for hay lol
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Tried playing 19 without it when I first moved from 17 and honestly got bored in 2 days. There is no challenge without it.

The three things I can't play without are
1-Seasons
2-Courseplay
3-Contactor
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:46 am

(I can easily put in a large chunk of an IRL day mowing hay at 1x, with a 30ft Krone butterfly mower)

Annnnnnd this is why I should not stick with seasons......dont got no time like this for hay lol
:lol:
It would be worse without as it regrows faster. :lol:
And also I do a few hundred ac of hay when doing so (bottom right corner of Medicine Creek)
And by most of an IRL day I mean 3-5hrs not 16 in case anyone is wondering.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:24 am

And also I do a few hundred ac of hay when doing so (bottom right corner of Medicine Creek)
That's 3-5 times more than I have to play a day
....if I'm lucky lol. I wish I could but......life dictates I cant hahaha
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Seasons makes the game for me, hands down. Without it there is no real purpose, no challenge, and certainly no rhyme or reason. With Seasons the game starts to resemble simulated farming. Without it, it's Tractor Movie :lol:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:43 am
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:24 am

That's 3-5 times more than I have to play a day
....if I'm lucky lol. I wish I could but......life dictates I cant hahaha
Same, occasionally have the time to play hours at a time, usually 3hrs (closer to 1-2) is the max I can do at once, so game just sits paused with my desktop sleeping for hours on end, and it has the effect of padding out my play time on Steam. :lol:
Oh and also me spending ridiculous amounts of money on the Community Trader while having no clue as to my financial position and then forgetting I bought it. :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Look, how about the cows? 🐮 Do you feed them with tmr all the year, or only when they produce milk? And the meat beefs?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Paco_86 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:26 am Look, how about the cows? 🐮 Do you feed them with tmr all the year, or only when they produce milk? And the meat beefs?
Milk gets TMR year round as some are always lactating and some are dry so it’s easier.
Beef cows get silage/hay.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:35 am
Paco_86 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:26 am Look, how about the cows? 🐮 Do you feed them with tmr all the year, or only when they produce milk? And the meat beefs?
Milk gets TMR year round as some are always lactating and some are dry so it’s easier.
Right, but my cows are young and they aren't fertilized yet.. Is the first year.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Paco_86 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:53 am
Right, but my cows are young and they aren't fertilized yet.. Is the first year.
Whichever you prefer I guess is the best answer.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Ok I just officially voted making #7 no vote. I'm going full fledge Chedlyfarms style. I just restarted Griffin and I just cant. Dont get me wrong I love the premise and certain aspects.....but for me it's too much. When your kids and wife dont go to bed till 1030 and you sit down after a long day.....last thing I need is to "plan" what I need to do next. Chedlys way I can sit for as long as I want and proceed when I'm ready. That's my perspective, hope you find what works for you, just go with what makes you wanna play the game more. Realismus did a heck of a job and if you like seasons, they got you set up. I hope its an option in every iteration going forward. Never know, I may someday decide I wanna play that way again lol
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

On our real life farm, we feed the heifers mainly hay until they calve and become cows, then they receive TMR for the rest of their life. When they're dry (not making milk, usually last two months before calving), we feed them a TMR ration with slightly more hay. You could make this hay in FS. That's kind of how I run my operation
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
REN56

Re: Seasons... Yes or no

Post by REN56 »

I’ve tried playing FS19 with the Seasons Mod... I agree that it’s a nice change of pace, as well as seeing the changes of the seasons showing (trees/leaves, snow, etc.). I started with 6 or 9 days with speed at 1x - but I changed to 3 days but with speed at 1x for the 2nd year (worked much better for me that way based on how I prefer to play). I’m glad I at least tried it... and very glad we have such a ‘game-changing’ mod available to us all.

However, I voted “No” - because I only used it that one time on one map this past December - and it simply doesn’t work for me with my preferred playing style... which follows more closely in line to what ‘Chedly’ described (ditto for ‘Pafarmer’ and for ‘Lawm’). So - no seasons for me - the cons far outweigh the pros of using it for me - again, for *my* preferred playing style with FS19, which is to do whatever I want when I want, with no set schedule and time restrictions to follow. I always play in “real time” - and in any given FS19 gaming/farming session, I can, if I wish, pick a field - and plow, lime, fertilize, cultivate, fertilize, seed/plant, etc. at my own pace and speed in “real time” - whether doing *all* of that in one session as I often will do, or spreading those ‘steps’ out as time permits in shorter sessions - without ever having any concerns over the time/weather/moisture/season/geo, etc. - it simply works out really well for me that way, although I can appreciate the Seasons mod and thankful that we have it and glad the majority enjoy using it.

Happy farming! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:27 am

On our real life farm, we feed the heifers mainly hay until they calve and become cows, then they receive TMR for the rest of their life. When they're dry (not making milk, usually last two months before calving), we feed them a TMR ration with slightly more hay. You could make this hay in FS. That's kind of how I run my operation
Ok, thanks for the info! ;)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I feed my beef cattle through to get them to the correct weight the fastest, also that's what's they get irl along with cracked corn. Really the tmr should have done corn in it as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.