Workers, field 11

Neofit

Workers, field 11

Post by Neofit »

Hi,

I've tried using workers to harvest grain with not much success, I'd like to know if what I am seeing is normal or if I'm doing something wrong.

My first field, #11 in Felsbrunn. My first harvester, the red noobie Bizon. I am starting at the very bottom left, harvest a couple of meters, then call in a worker. Then I try to follow him with a trailer. I haven't changed the field, there is plenty of room to turn around at the top and bottom. I've even cut down the tree in the top left corner to give us more space.

The pattern he drives is:
* Finishes the first row S to N, turns around, starts row#2 in the N-S direction and stops half-way
* Goes back in reverse to the top, and does row#3 to the bottom. Does NOT turn around to start on row#4 in the S-N direction, but backtracks in reverse back to the top on the row#3 it has just cleared
* Starts row#4 in the N-S direction again, stops half-way, back to the N side in reverse, rinse, repeat

In short, every row is only done in the N-S direction, with driving in reverse to get back to the N side, and every second row is only done half way.

I haven't terraformed the field or anything. Known issue still? I have found a few threads on weird worker behaviour, but that was from 2018-2019.
FS19+22 PC
Bryan83

Re: Workers, field 11

Post by Bryan83 »

I haven't played on Felsbrunn much, but try starting from different sides and see if the behavior continues. I know on the Welker Farms map, field 9, there's a chunk on the north side where the AI won't work. Thing is, you can start from either side and go for awhile, but there's a dead zone right in there middle. I guess what in getting at is trying to fully define these dead zone where AI won't go for you. Also, try to note the coordinates in the mini map in case you need to make a bug report later.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

The workers are the worst things in this game. Are playing with courseplay? It is much better in my opinion.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Platform?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.