HP calculations for trailers

Neofit

HP calculations for trailers

Post by Neofit »

Hi,

I am on the market for a larger trailer. Apparently I can't find the proper search terms, so here is the question:

Is there a rule of thumb to estimate the power needs for a full trailer? I don't want it to crawl, but I am not rich enough atm to overpay for a tractor that would be too powerful either :)
FS19+22 PC
juf.de

Re: HP calculations for trailers

Post by juf.de »

Depends on map, tractor, trailer and what additional mods you use.
Post what you use and someone can give you a rule of thumb.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Neofit

Post by Neofit »

Felsbrunn, no vehicle/equipment modifying mods. I can't tell you what tractor and trailer I am using, since the question is about how to choose a tractor depending on the trailer.
FS19+22 PC
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Neofit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:20 pm Felsbrunn, no vehicle/equipment modifying mods. I can't tell you what tractor and trailer I am using, since the question is about how to choose a tractor depending on the trailer.
It pulls it it pulls it, it hopefully will stop it.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Neofit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:12 am Hi,

I am on the market for a larger trailer. Apparently I can't find the proper search terms, so here is the question:

Is there a rule of thumb to estimate the power needs for a full trailer? I don't want it to crawl, but I am not rich enough atm to overpay for a tractor that would be too powerful either :)
Generally speaking, the minimum I like to run is around 100 HP per 10,000L. Not always possible, but I try to keep it as close to that as I can.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:19 pm
Neofit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:12 am Hi,

Generally speaking, the minimum I like to run is around 100 HP per 10,000L. Not always possible, but I try to keep it as close to that as I can.
(283bushel)
So little low but 300-350 is about all a 4020 could road without brakes I imagine* (and acceleration would be slow, but the game has grain weights at half)

*not an expert
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeah, that's why I said around. Like if I had a 20,000L trailer, something in the 190-210, maybe 225 range is what I'd try to get.

So far for the purposes of the game, it's worked out for me.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You could always have a test save, cheat money in buy tractor and trailer you want to test and buy a multi fruit buying station and fill it up with something and test it first. I test every mod I add to my game this way