Are GIANTS flat-worlders? Aliens??? What is Ravenport?

Is something up with Ravenport?

Poll ended at Fri May 21, 2021 5:41 pm

Yes, it's eerie, extraterrestrial.
6%
GIANTS are 100% aliens.
28%
Wort? Yeah, wort.
19%
Are you out of your mind? Ravenport is 100% safe.
47%

Total votes: 32

Spartan756

Re: Are GIANTS flat-worlders? Aliens??? What is Ravenport?

Post by Spartan756 »

Well, that's kinda what this whole topic is about. Why they are always referring about aliens. I mean duh, they aren't aliens that poll was just a joke. But wouldn't it be interesting to discover the Easter egg? I mean it has to be an Easter egg. Speaking of so, happy Easter y'all.
-Spartan756 *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Playing Halo 2 on original Xbox time-to-time. Modding alien mods (Mostly retired). World of tanking (blitz) weekly. And most of all... having fun. Want to download my mods? https://www.modhub.us/user/Spartan756
Spartan756

Post by Spartan756 »

Just look at this baby, would be nice thou if it were a leaf blower :lol:
Playing Halo 2 on original Xbox time-to-time. Modding alien mods (Mostly retired). World of tanking (blitz) weekly. And most of all... having fun. Want to download my mods? https://www.modhub.us/user/Spartan756
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Custom maps with lots of junk = amazing level of details by modder

Map by Giants with some junk = conspiracy against the US FS players to portray rural America badly.

Did I get this right?
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

I got it the same way *thumbsup*
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:30 pm Custom maps with lots of junk = amazing level of details by modder

Map by Giants with some junk = conspiracy against the US FS players to portray rural America badly.

Did I get this right?
Most modded maps though have what I fell is realistic junk, scrap piles and the like. While Ravenport just has litter piles everywhere (the type of litter that should be in the garbage can 5ft away)
Elkader has a bunch of junk around the main farm, but it is old farm equipment, rubble, and building materials, realistic for pretty much any farm. While Ravenport’s junk just seems to be a bunch of slobs/litterers (and oddly it’s a California beach town, not a mostly abandoned industrial district in the Midwest)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It also has some random fenced in area that isn't good for anything with some random tanker thing.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I hate random fenced in areas and random tanker things........they're the worst!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:30 pm Custom maps with lots of junk = amazing level of details by modder

Did I get this right?
You are derailing the very important discussion in this thread.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Spartan756

Post by Spartan756 »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:52 pm I hate random fenced in areas and random tanker things........they're the worst!
Agree!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Did I get this right?
Most modded maps though have what I fell is realistic junk, scrap piles and the like. While Ravenport just has litter piles everywhere (the type of litter that should be in the garbage can 5ft away)
Elkader has a bunch of junk around the main farm, but it is old farm equipment, rubble, and building materials, realistic for pretty much any farm. While Ravenport’s junk just seems to be a bunch of slobs/litterers (and oddly it’s a California beach town, not a mostly abandoned industrial district in the Midwest)
So it’s the wrong type of junk? Got it.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Did I get this right?
A world where discussions about junk and stuff are not important is not one I want to be a part of.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Did I get this right?
So it’s the wrong type of junk? Got it.
I feel that that has some sarcasm... but...
... taking those words literally and ignoring potential sarcasm, yes.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I mean you cant really go anywhere in West Texas with out seeing junk around farms, from old scrap metal to random bits of trailers and equipment to rusted out cars, just about every farm has some junk, just some more than others.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Did I get this right?
A world where discussions about junk and stuff are not important is not one I want to be a part of.
I have no idea what this thread is all about. I was just joking with you more than anything. Although I do agree on your stance and maps with junk.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 pm I mean you cant really go anywhere in West Texas with out seeing junk around farms, from old scrap metal to random bits of trailers and equipment to rusted out cars, just about every farm has some junk, just some more than others.
Which GIANTS kind of poorly modeled, we get the scatterbrained spread of scrap on Ravenport around the farm, but no real scrap pile of “useful steel” (straight sections of angle, tube, C-channel, etc in the form of old equipment. Fabrication from a car roof is really useful... Not really.
But We have plenty of trash on the ground! (Also poorly modeled, can’t say I’ve really ever seen litter piles)

I guess we probably should cut GIANTS some slack for stereotyping the US as we sure like to stereotype Europe.