Tractor HP Question??

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Tractor HP Question??

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Maybe this has already been discussed, if so apologies for asking again, playing the Northern Coast map an I was testing out a few tractors from the shop, basically looking for something over 100hp to use with a 3 point mounted sprayer. Anyway took 3 tractors(all 125HP 40Kph box) for a spin off from the machinery shop an theres a really steep part of the road near the shop when you're heading for the main farm, the first tractor was at 43kph coming to the top, second was at 34kph an third was at 30kph. Are all tractors different even do there ment to be the same power.
Thanks in advance for any replays, only curious about this.
DEERE317

Re: Tractor HP Question??

Post by DEERE317 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 pm Maybe this has already been discussed, if so apologies for asking again, playing the Northern Coast map an I was testing out a few tractors from the shop, basically looking for something over 100hp to use with a 3 point mounted sprayer. Anyway took 3 tractors(all 125HP 40Kph box) for a spin off from the machinery shop an theres a really steep part of the road near the shop when you're heading for the main farm, the first tractor was at 43kph coming to the top, second was at 34kph an third was at 30kph. Are all tractors different even do there ment to be the same power.
Thanks in advance for any replays, only curious about this.
Weight, just because a machine has the same HP, doesn’t mean they weigh the same.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

And then there's the possibility of wrong engine configuration, many mods do not match the displayed engine power.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Yeah got a bit of time so I've found myself testing out tractors of the same hp, I know weight plays a part but some have really big diffrences, il post some bit of a list shortly between the differences on some.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:37 pm
Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 pm
Weight, just because a machine has the same HP, doesn’t mean they weigh the same.
Yeah I know that, some of them that are smaller an look lighter(maybe there heavier in game, involve no idea) pulled better than bigger ones, an vise versa on other tractors, some had almost 15kph diffrence on the hill
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Have those tractors got similar features feirmeior? ie size, front weights, wheel weights? I have tried this on Greenwich valley with the 135 and an old Vicon spreader and it struggles to get to the top of the incline comming from Linton to the shop. I then tried it with front wheel weights and that helped it immensely. And I think personally that it might be better to have a slower tractor for a hilly Map, eg the fiat 1300 DT. It at full power doesn't struggle one bit, but on flats it's teadiously slow. That's just me anyway.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Yeahrightio wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 pm Have those tractors got similar features feirmeior? ie size, front weights, wheel weights? I have tried this on Greenwich valley with the 135 and an old Vicon spreader and it struggles to get to the top of the incline comming from Linton to the shop. I then tried it with front wheel weights and that helped it immensely. And I think personally that it might be better to have a slower tractor for a hilly Map, eg the fiat 1300 DT. It at full power doesn't struggle one bit, but on flats it's teadiously slow. That's just me anyway.
Some were similar, some not,then i looked up the IRLweight of a few an matched them that way. I'm still poking away at it but so far I'm finding easily half the tractors that are ment to be lighter pull better. Now ive no idea of the in game weight of these tractors but it just shows, game wise sometimes the lighter tractor is better. Lol
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Throw a front weight on the slow one see if it makes a difference
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Just hook everything to either a BB 747 or 620 Quadtrac. Problem solved.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:14 pm
Yeahrightio wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 pm Have those tractors got similar features feirmeior? ie size, front weights, wheel weights? I have tried this on Greenwich valley with the 135 and an old Vicon spreader and it struggles to get to the top of the incline comming from Linton to the shop. I then tried it with front wheel weights and that helped it immensely. And I think personally that it might be better to have a slower tractor for a hilly Map, eg the fiat 1300 DT. It at full power doesn't struggle one bit, but on flats it's teadiously slow. That's just me anyway.
Some were similar, some not,then i looked up the IRLweight of a few an matched them that way. I'm still poking away at it but so far I'm finding easily half the tractors that are ment to be lighter pull better. Now ive no idea of the in game weight of these tractors but it just shows, game wise sometimes the lighter tractor is better. Lol
Ah ok, yeah I don't know how giants calculate the power to weight ratio, the factor in PowerShift, synchro and CVT transmissions, and then other different features. They know more than I do about it hahaha.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:14 pm
A lighter tractor needs less hp to climb a hill, while a heavier one will lose more speed.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:23 am Just hook everything to either a BB 747 or 620 Quadtrac. Problem solved.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

YMMD. Ever seen a 620 QT pulling a 3m cultivator?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 am YMMD. Ever seen a 620 QT pulling a 3m cultivator?
I’ve seen a 375 pulling a 3 meter cultivator haha but that’s for drying really wet dirt
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 am YMMD. Ever seen a 620 QT pulling a 3m cultivator?
:lol: Glad I could help

Yea, heard they have trouble pulling it. Need a 9RX to tow them
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!