Chellington valley-haymaking query

Cokey

Chellington valley-haymaking query

Post by Cokey »

So i notice on this map you have to ted the grass 3 times to get hay. Can this be done one after the other or do i have to leave a set period of time between working the grass? By the way massive credit for oxygen david for this map. Almost makes up for me screwing up sandy bay. It feels a bit like the west coast on fs17 which is the biggest compliment i can give. Ive finally found 'THE' map for me. Happy farming peeps
BigAl Farming

Re: Chellington valley-haymaking query

Post by BigAl Farming »

Just need to detach & reattach the tedder between passes. Passes can be done straight after one another.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Does it also depend on the whether? I tedded 3 times on 3 consecutive days and got 1 hay bale and 55 grass bales on field 36. And the mower was a "conditioning" mower. Didn't seem to work though with the result I got.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Yes it has to be a nice dry day, look for the + or even better ++ symbol at the bottom of the weather tab, also I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that every time you ted it, you restart the “sun drying timer” so you are best to just leave it, I think Alien Paul said that on his discord.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

BigAl Farming wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm Just need to detach & reattach the tedder between passes. Passes can be done straight after one another.
I left the tedder on the tractor, as I was going to ted again the next day. I guess that I should not do that.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)