Plough the grass?

Dairydeere

Re: Plough the grass?

Post by Dairydeere »

Paco_86 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:22 am Ok but I just started the game and grass places are red ( need ploughing)
Yes, this is the case on many maps. Grass fields will be red and need plowing. Like Mwal said, plow it and seed it to grass again, it'll last you a while and worth the bonus
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

There is no yield penalty on grass.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

If you just started the game, this change everything.
In that case you need plough the grass even good idea is to lime the fields then sow the grass then fertilize.
Second scenario is that this is not the fields but meadow.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

I always plough a grass field the first time before seeding it then don’t bother again, I’ve found that removes the plough warning forever.
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

They Caged Non wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:18 am I always plough a grass field the first time before seeding it then don’t bother again, I’ve found that removes the plough warning forever.
Do you fertilize the grass or you just mow when time up?
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Mmmm I thought to use a subsoiler for this grass field
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

I spread fertiliser on grass and nothing else.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

According to Mr. Sealyp tests, you don't need to plow or lime grass fields. Make sure you fertilize, any method, to get full fertilization to get the maximum yield bonus. Sometimes I will plow my grass just because I don't like seeing the red on the screen, but there is no need to plow it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:55 pm According to Mr. Sealyp tests, you don't need to plow or lime grass fields. Make sure you fertilize, any method, to get full fertilization to get the maximum yield bonus. Sometimes I will plow my grass just because I don't like seeing the red on the screen, but there is no need to plow it.
Thanks! I will do it. However, another question if you know... Is slovenian countryside seasons ready?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No I don't know if it is. Seasons support really just keeps snow out of sheds, which you can always place your own down.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.