Just bought retail fs19 premium edition.. need help!

farmermas

Just bought retail fs19 premium edition.. need help!

Post by farmermas »

Hello,

Just bought the retail premium edition, and had some questions..

How do i download the mac version? The 2 dvd's only contain windows content, and the cd key on the manual is 25 digits, which you can't input into the field on the download page. The premium edition key was shorter, worked fine, and let me download the expansions.. but no base game!

Also, does the retail premium edition include the grimme and rottne dlcs? The steam premium edition does, yet the retail version doesn't seem to. Would be very strange if the giants version was worse than the steam version!

Thanks for any help.

farmermas
Guil

Re: Just bought retail fs19 premium edition.. need help!

Post by Guil »

This seems to suggest it includes all DLC. I would PM Chaki or Lisertan
https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=170
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

You gotta look at the box (since you purchased a physical copy). If it only says windows and not Mac then you grabbed the wrong box my friend. I'm sure if you reach out to giants via their help email they can take the product key you have from the disc and reissue a new key for a digital copy
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

The premium edition was released before the Grimme and Rottne dlcs were released so there will not be any mention of them in the retail packaging. The Steam version is an online based platform and so the "packaging" is easily updated to show newer content. I would assume that purchasing the boxed premium edition would include future dlcs through updates but maybe not.
Playing on PC and PS4
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:03 pm The premium edition was released before the Grimme and Rottne dlcs were released so there will not be any mention of them in the retail packaging. The Steam version is an online based platform and so the "packaging" is easily updated to show newer content. I would assume that purchasing the boxed premium edition would include future dlcs through updates but maybe not.
:this:
And at least on Steam Premium Edition is actually just the basegame + Season Pass rather than the basegame + every DLC.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
farmermas

Post by farmermas »

Hey guys, thank you very much for the suggestions. I did put in a support ticket and got a reply. The outcome wasn't at all positive, but i did personally get what i paid for, so wanted to leave this down as a reference in case this is interesting for anyone else.

Background: I also own the base steam edition. I bought it at launch being a small fan of the series.. but haven't yet bought any dlc. Being a fan, i figured i wanted the dlc, and the little book and retail packaging as a souvenir.

The only problem really is i play on both mac and pc. This is where it got interesting:

- The retail version, a giants key, is only for windows. The support person actually sent me a link to the store page to buy another copy if i wanted the mac download! This i find insane as the steam version contains both. So the platform where giants has to pay a cut of their profits offers better than directly through giants, where you have to buy both versions separately. I can't believe this! If you play on mac and pc, you have no choice but to buy the steam version.. unless you want to pay for the game twice!

- The DLC however, was for both! The key for dlc was in a different format to the base game, was able to be redeemed on https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php, and to my relief and joy installed and activated on the steam version that i already own.

- The retail premium version does NOT include the grimme and rottne dlc, even though the steam product with the same name does include it.

So im glad i ended up getting what i paid for, but.. yeah the lesson is do not buy a giants / retail version if you play on mac and pc. And i cannot understand why the paying the developer directly results in a far worse experience for both the base game and dlc than it is to pay steam.

Anyways, hope this helps someone. The alpine map looks pretty good in game.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, the steam, and epic, premium edition says it's basegame + seasons pass, witch actually is a different deal than premium. They have just called it the same.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

What's a Mac? Like Mac and cheese?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you buy direct through GIANT'S online store they do include downloads for either Windows or Mac, just like the DLCs (see image below).

As you said though this isn't the same with the physical retail version you bought as the keys aren't interchangeable, whereas the DLCs bought through GIANTS work with any game medium (GIANTS store, Steam, Epic, Mac, physical disc, etc).

Guil

Post by Guil »

I thought as much, I remember there was confusion around the time the premium version launched on disc