Strawme prices?

ravensview

Strawme prices?

Post by ravensview »

Strawme adds Cornstalks, Canola straw, and Soybean straw. Great mod, but what are the base prices (not current ones) used for each one? Thx
Last edited by ravensview on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JensChrDK

Re: Strawme prices?

Post by JensChrDK »

They should appear if you scroll all the way to the right on the crops prices page.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for current prices, but the base price the game uses to calculate them - same as the ones found in the Farming Simulator 19\data\maps\maps_fillTypes as pricePerLitre
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Looking at the script of the StrawMe mod it does a calculation to set the price of each straw type the first time it is loaded on a save game. The code seems to be PriceStraw*3 which suggests to me it's taking the maps base price of straw and then multiplying that by 3 and applying that value to the price of the new straw types, which is why these types tends to be much more profitable then the plain old straw.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

@Cwattyeso - thx, that makes sense. I watched highs and lows for a few days, in "Normal" difficulty, they 'seem' to vary a bit between the three, but I wonder if the code also considers that the yield per hectare varies for each one too.
My intent is to add to a table I did based on a guide I found, and set my 125% sell points for these Strawme products.
Guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1590141934
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yield per Hectare shouldn't really effect it, as again StrawMe doesn't calaculate anything like that and just uses set values for the windrow amount of each new straw type per square metre. The prices going up and down over days is just the normal fluctuation all prices get that don't have the disablePriceDrop="true" parameter applied to them which none of the filltypes in StrawMe do. The only thing I do find a bit odd and maybe because I'm not a scripter and don't really understand lua at all, but when checking the section with the pricing not only does it mention PriceStraw which it details is PricePerLitre of Straw several lines before that, but it also mentions PriceSilage which again it details several lines before that is PricePerLitre of Silage. I just can't understand what silage price on a map has to do with the straw pricing, unless it's setting some kind of upper limit, whereby the new straw types should have a price higher then the base game straw but it shouldn't be higher then base game silage, which means it falls somewhere in between.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:29 pm Yield per Hectare shouldn't really effect it, as again StrawMe doesn't calaculate anything like that and just uses set values for the windrow amount of each new straw type per square metre. The prices going up and down over days is just the normal fluctuation all prices get that don't have the disablePriceDrop="true" parameter applied to them which none of the filltypes in StrawMe do. The only thing I do find a bit odd and maybe because I'm not a scripter and don't really understand lua at all, but when checking the section with the pricing not only does it mention PriceStraw which it details is PricePerLitre of Straw several lines before that, but it also mentions PriceSilage which again it details several lines before that is PricePerLitre of Silage. I just can't understand what silage price on a map has to do with the straw pricing, unless it's setting some kind of upper limit, whereby the new straw types should have a price higher then the base game straw but it shouldn't be higher then base game silage, which means it falls somewhere in between.
Don’t BGA/Biogas plants on some maps accept straw/hay?
Might be getting the prices for BGA’s.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
mmcarthur2

Post by mmcarthur2 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:29 pm Yield per Hectare shouldn't really effect it, as again StrawMe doesn't calaculate anything like that and just uses set values for the windrow amount of each new straw type per square metre. The prices going up and down over days is just the normal fluctuation all prices get that don't have the disablePriceDrop="true" parameter applied to them which none of the filltypes in StrawMe do. The only thing I do find a bit odd and maybe because I'm not a scripter and don't really understand lua at all, but when checking the section with the pricing not only does it mention PriceStraw which it details is PricePerLitre of Straw several lines before that, but it also mentions PriceSilage which again it details several lines before that is PricePerLitre of Silage. I just can't understand what silage price on a map has to do with the straw pricing, unless it's setting some kind of upper limit, whereby the new straw types should have a price higher then the base game straw but it shouldn't be higher then base game silage, which means it falls somewhere in between.
PriceSilage is remnants of some previously used code that I forgot to remove before submitting. The *3 over regular straw prices was due to the original map I was testing on had extremely low prices for straw and that value gave a somewhat normal sell price.
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

Thx - mmcarthur2. All I'm really trying to get at is the base price per litre of the various added straws. The game shows this in the file Farming Simulator 19\data\maps\maps_fillTypes as 0.041 straw pricePerLitre. This is base price is for Hard mode, Normal mode multiplies that by 1.8, and Easy mode multiplies base price by 3. I would assume that since the base prices for corn, canola, and soybean are different, then their associated straws base prices could vary too.
Default bales size is 1.3m but it's my understanding that all round bales, regardless of diameter, are 4000l, so base price * 4000 would give me price/bale.