Crazy thing...Lizard Warrior + and Lizard Grain Box

chedly_farms

Crazy thing...Lizard Warrior + and Lizard Grain Box

Post by chedly_farms »

Has anyone tried the combo of the Lizard Warrior + hooklift option and the Lizard grain box on it? I’ve had some weird things where it wants to tip over on it’s side for no reason whatsoever. Some times when turning, this last time from just backing up. I’ve had it happen quite a few times. Didn’t know if it’s the truck or grain box causing it.

Side note...does anyone know if the TLX 9000 rigid will work with The Griffin hooklift option?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Bryan83

Re: Crazy thing...Lizard Warrior + and Lizard Grain Box

Post by Bryan83 »

Have you tried it with the Lizard SX210? Been using that as a grain truck setup with no problems.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I've had several hooklifts flip over very easily with the warrior
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Okay, so it’s the warrior. Thanks guys

lawm

Post by lawm »

My plan is grain box with 850hook......so I hope it is the warriors problem lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:29 pm My plan is grain box with 850hook......so I hope it is the warriors problem lol
With 99.2% certainty I can say is that it’s the warrior +. I just took a load of grain to the co-op. I was getting ready to head back to the farm, And the right side of the truck starting to lift off the ground, before I started turning. And I noticed something in common with the last time that I had the issue. The grain tank is shifting on the back of the truck. So I’m guessing there’s a small bug with the warrior considering other people have mentioned that they have issues with the Hooklift on it that the load/box shifts. I just unloaded the box and reloaded it and everything is good.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Good to hear....wonder if hulk + has same issue
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Interesting- had same prob with the Warrior, and stayed away from hook/ITRunner stuff because of it. Running a Hulk++ now, maybe revisit hook stuff!
Old fat guy with a day job...
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

The only bad interaction I had with the Hulk++ and IT Runner, is when I ran it with a Wood Bale Trailer M (flatbed option) and attached the Q17Z (Crane) to the rear. Using the crane was sometimes a little buggy, I think it is collision issues(also note, I don't have the problem if the flatbed is not on the truck when I use the crane).

Since I found this combo to be extremely beneficial to doing transport contracts, I just accepted buggy and kept going. I pull or back in to the pickup site, crane load my transport pallets (buggy or not), strap them down. Drive to my delivery site. Drop the crane and back to the drop off box. At this point I unstrap and "START" to remove the bale container top. It slides back a little before it tips up to about a 45-50 degree angle. At this point I rapidly toggle the Load/Unload top button ( [X] on PC ) and watch the pallets slide off the flatbed top into the delivery drop zone. Then I'll reattach the crane and collect my fee. I found this combo/method makes doing transport contracts very cost effective.

Pros:

-Straight frame truck so no hassles backing up a trailer.

-I have a crane to do precision loading, (my forklift skills are poor at best).

-No separate vehicle needed to to do the loading (crane attaches to the truck)

-Crane is cheap ($3,600), Flatbed Trailer Top (Combi Platform M) $5,500, The Hulk ++ (HKL) I consider basic equipment, everybody needs a truck in the game.

-Truck can do over 50mph which allows me to save a lot of time getting around the map.

-The unload method takes only a small fraction of the time it takes to load the truck.

Cons:

-Crane is a little buggy when running this combo. (also note, I don't have the problem if the flatbed is not on the truck when I use the crane)

Since base game transport contracts are only about $600/pallet, you need a lot of efficiency to make them worthwhile. You only need to transport about 16 pallets to pay for the flatbed and crane, which means you need maybe 4 contracts which means it can pay for itself in one session. Then it is pure profit from then on.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

The problem I had running the Hulk++ hooklift back in the day was that the 2 axle version wasn't very stable. Tried the 3 axle and it was better, but didn't have that tandem grain truck look that I wanted.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Bryan83 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 am Have you tried it with the Lizard SX210? Been using that as a grain truck setup with no problems.
I do like the look of this truck, I just wish it had a chrome/aluminum option for bumper and rims.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Eh, I ended up getting the Lizard SX210 with the Lizard Bin (26,000L) and it looked good enough to me.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I had this same issue with other things on the Warrior ++, and I think I know what the issue is. It seems that the hooklift brings the container so far forward it pushes it into the truck's cab, causing a glitchy collision. It isn't an issue without a container because it's super close, but not in contact (also the same vehicle), but when you attach a container, the bar it hooks to is just far enough forward that it starts acting up.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Bryan83 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:11 pm Eh, I ended up getting the Lizard SX210 with the Lizard Bin (26,000L) and it looked good enough to me.
Bryan,

Did you look at IT Runner 26.33 pack as well? There are 2 packs the 26.23 Pack which is more straight frame size tops and the 26.33 pack which has fewer tops but is more tractor trailer sized boxes and trailer. I say this because the 26.33 Grain box is 45,000L capacity.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I actually used that bin on my Hulk++. It's higher capacity, but the other bin just looks more natural on the SX, if that makes sense.