fire wood mod

heerenr

fire wood mod

Post by heerenr »

Has anyone else used this mod? i think it is a really good mod (with on exception) you pay $50 for an axe, $50 per pallet, and $10 for a sell point....fill one pallet of wood and it sell for over $8000, Ill take spending $100 and turn it into $8k anyday. my one issue/ complaint is the pallets.....when you try to pick them up with the forklift the pallet only have to opening on one side and it too narrow. you can pick it up on the long side but it will be dropped repeatedly. I was able to make it work but not easily.
Maybe I'm missing something????

if anyone has any suggestions i am all ears (or in this case all eyes) :lol:
FarmBoss

Re: fire wood mod

Post by FarmBoss »

Sounds like a well thought out mod. You could have a look at the xml for other pallets to see if you can use any data from them. Should be in the [FS Install]->data->objects->pallets folder
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Hint: Buy the Liebherr excavator by BSM put the harvesting head on 1m and saw them into a big pile it works very good!
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I believe his question is how to move the full pallets. I have not used the firewood mod, but I would recommend you try the Q17Z Palfinger crane. It is part of the IT Runner 26.23 HD Pack (available on console and PC). It hooks up to a PTO. I have used that crane to load practically everything IBCs, transport pallets, round bales, square bales, poplar, sugar cane and sapling pallets. I think it will work for you. Best part the crane is only $3,600 so you will still make profit on the first pallet.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

I have not used the Firewood mod myself, but Scroft in his Survival series on Youtube loaded the empty crates onto a trailer before filling them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3htW2L ... pv&index=3

When they were full, he drove by the sell-point and emptied them while they were still on the trailer. Might be a reasonable workaround for you.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I remembered a little later there were a few more mods that could help.

The CSZ mod Pack There were 2 pieces that could help. Mr SealyP review will show them to you between 30:00 and 40:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyIh72TcMto
I know there were a couple more mods out there, including a towable crane, but those may be PC only. IT Runner and CSZ are both Console and PC. Not sure which system you use from your post.

ctb123's idea is also a good one. IT Runner Combi Platform top would work well for you on that too. The ability to put the trailer top right down onto the ground means easy hand loading.

Hope these help.