The day isn’t updating on millenial farms

GBModding

Re: The day isn’t updating on millenial farms

Post by GBModding »

@theSeb

I have also had console players experience this on my maps but never on the pc version,

the visuals xml is setup with the version 2 like this as explained in the seasons tutorial

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no" ?>
<visuals disableDoF="true" version="2">

<annotation>Copyright (c) Realismus Modding, 2019</annotation>

Any help or information would be very much appreciated
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I have a Lone Oak save that stopped progressing and the weather forecast is all messy. and sometimes when I skip the night the time freezes and I can't do anything but to go to the menu and when I press save it saves but it doesn't do anything to save the game. :frown: *thumbsdown*

It also have happened to me on Griffin, Indiana 19 but didn't freeze while skipping the night
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The seasons mod has nothing to do with advancing the day. The concept of the current day is within the game itself and it is incremented by the game. The mod simply uses that currentDay to work out which day, period, season and year you are in, based on the season length settings and displays the info in the top right corner. This is just simple mathematics and because there is no quantum computing involved, the results are discrete and predictable. Visuals etc have absolutely nothing to do with the currentDay.

There are 4 possible things that could be happening in my mind:

1. Another script mod is causing a problem and thus breaking the gameplay engine of the game, impacting things like currentDay

2. Seasons and another script mod are conflicting in some strange ways, thus either causing an issue similar to point 1, or causing an issue with the Seasons GUI unable to update, even though the game progresses the day anyway

3. There was an occasional weird error that occurred when the forecast was generated for a few players, which may have caused an issue with the game itself, thus impacting current day, but I have never seen that particular error cause the day problem in save games that were provided to us.

4. When you change season length the current day that you see in the top right GUI is recalculated. I have already explained the reasons for this in this thread some time ago. This may confuse people because one could go from day 3 back to day 1 or whatever, depending on the previous season length and the new one the player has just chosen. This is again simple mathematics that returns a predictable result each and every time.

At this point in time I treat this "day not advancing" very much like bigfoot sightings. Somebody's uncle's cousin may have seen the outline of something vaguely ape-like in the forest 10 years ago, but I have never been provided a grainy video of the issue, never mind a save game that replicates it.
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

Here’s Bigfoot. 😬 bank balance should reflect continuity. I have an Xbox video capture but can not upload?

- Xbox One
- West Newton
- Seasons
- Scotland GEO

I’ve had this occur on Ellerbach and Bavaria GEO too, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I tend to think (not tested) that it only seems to occur for me when the season length is set to 3 days?? Hmmm.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:40 am Image

Here’s Bigfoot. 😬 bank balance should reflect continuity. I have an Xbox video capture but can not upload?

- Xbox One
- West Newton
- Seasons
- Scotland GEO

I’ve had this occur on Ellerbach and Bavaria GEO too, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I tend to think (not tested) that it only seems to occur for me when the season length is set to 3 days?? Hmmm.
On the 2nd picture if it says 7:44 AM in a morning how come I don't see daylight? :hmm:

Map/Playtime:
Frozen Catalyst

Not much sunlight during winter in Scotland, normally from about 0930 til it starts to get dark again at around 1530 😬
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:55 am Not much sunlight during winter in Scotland, normally from about 0930 til it starts to get dark again at around 1530 😬
Not to deviate a bunch off your problem but what’s say your daylight hours on the longest day of the year?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:40 am

- Xbox One
- West Newton
- Seasons
- Scotland GEO

How are you fast forwarding at 5000x on a console? Is that what happens when you sleep?
Frozen Catalyst

theSeb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:34 am How are you fast forwarding at 5000x on a console? Is that what happens when you sleep?
Yes, I’m using the sleep function and it speeds the time up to 5000x.

I might see what happens on that save if I don’t sleep and let the day change ‘normally’.
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am
theSeb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:34 am How are you fast forwarding at 5000x on a console? Is that what happens when you sleep?
Yes, I’m using the sleep function and it speeds the time up to 5000x.

I might see what happens on that save if I don’t sleep and let the day change ‘normally’.
Can you recall exactly what has happened since you started this map? Have you, for example, changed season length recently? Any details like that would be helpful. Pity that you are on console, because it would have been amazing to grab this save game.
Frozen Catalyst

theSeb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 pm Can you recall exactly what has happened since you started this map? Have you, for example, changed season length recently? Any details like that would be helpful. Pity that you are on console, because it would have been amazing to grab this save game.
I can’t exactly be certain but I changed the settings from the default, when you start fresh, from 9 Day season length to 3 at the very beginning. They have not been changed since. I try and set my season length for the save at the beginning as I have seen you post that doing so mid game can cause issues.

On this map I have been breeding pigs and sheep on 120x (to go for the achievements), with very little fieldwork and doing a couple of contracts here and there to fill time. I love what your team has done with Seasons and animal breeding.

The day progressing issue first appeared with the late Summer/Autumn transition, as things had been working normally til then.

New mods (only tractors/implements/trailers) will have been loaded/unloaded, but nothing I would think that would effect the days? But I can be wrong. The only gameplay mods I have are seasons/precision farming/placable sleep trigger. What mods in your opinion may have an effect of time progression, this could help me identify other mods I could remove to test?

On this map I use a placable sleep trigger, though when I’ve had the same thing on Ellerbach i sleep using the ones built into the map already.

UPDATE: I’ve loaded that save up and let the day change without sleeping on 01 Early Spring on 120x. Day change occurred to 02 Mid Spring… 😵💫

So, whilst not a scientifically valid ‘experiment’ perhaps it seems that the discrepancy is somehow linked the the sleeping through the night function?
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:21 pm
theSeb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 pm Can you recall exactly what has happened since you started this map? Have you, for example, changed season length recently? Any details like that would be helpful. Pity that you are on console, because it would have been amazing to grab this save game.
I can’t exactly be certain but I changed the settings from the default, when you start fresh, from 9 Day season length to 3 at the very beginning. They have not been changed since. I try and set my season length for the save at the beginning as I have seen you post that doing so mid game can cause issues.

On this map I have been breeding pigs and sheep on 120x (to go for the achievements), with very little fieldwork and doing a couple of contracts here and there to fill time. I love what your team has done with Seasons and animal breeding.

The day progressing issue first appeared with the late Summer/Autumn transition, as things had been working normally til then.

New mods (only tractors/implements/trailers) will have been loaded/unloaded, but nothing I would think that would effect the days? But I can be wrong. The only gameplay mods I have are seasons/precision farming/placable sleep trigger. What mods in your opinion may have an effect of time progression, this could help me identify other mods I could remove to test?

On this map I use a placable sleep trigger, though when I’ve had the same thing on Ellerbach i sleep using the ones built into the map already.

UPDATE: I’ve loaded that save up and let the day change without sleeping on 01 Early Spring on 120x. Day change occurred to 02 Mid Spring… 😵💫

So, whilst not a scientifically valid ‘experiment’ perhaps it seems that the discrepancy is somehow linked the the sleeping through the night function?
Other mods are very unlikely to cause issues, because you are on console and therefore won't have other script mods. Fast forwarding is always a suspect in these cases, because, the game itself may not be sending the "day changed" event that the mod listens to under a fast forward condition. It is something that we have seen before in Seasons17 and hence added the whole catch up system in 19 after fast forwarding, so something around this area could be causing this, even though I had hoped the catch-up dialog had taken care of it. This issue may be exacerbated on slower systems and consoles. Very interesting. I have never been able to reproduce this issue, but I'll try again with just constant fast forward at around 5000x or more.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Frozen Catalyst wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:21 pm The only gameplay mods I have are seasons/precision farming/placable sleep trigger.
I can't comfirm it might be Precision Farming. Before Precision Farming came out I have an old save on Lone Oak (Probably been deleted) that I went through a full year without issues. Now since I downloaded it (Present) I made a new save on Lone Oak with Seasons and Precision Farming. I was pretty much having a blast until Mid Autumn, it stopped progressing and it would correct itself if I restart it but it continues to stop progressing. However until Late Winter, It continued to progress now. I'm not sure if its the Season Foilage or Precision Farming or anything that would cause this or it could be the fast fowarding... :hmm:

Map/Playtime: