The day isn’t updating on millenial farms

JDMan10

The day isn’t updating on millenial farms

Post by JDMan10 »

I’m running seasons on millenial farms with the Alabama geo. After I did the last update for the map the day won’t change. When I quit and restart it will change to the correct day but it won’t change without quitting and restarting.
fenixguy

Re: The day isn’t updating on millenial farms

Post by fenixguy »

I've run into that with other maps. I'm not sure what the fix is though because mine only does it sometimes and then sometimes it's fine.

On a side note, Alabama is a heck of a long way away from Minnesota. In both geography and climate.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
garyst

Post by garyst »

Have had that same problem alot. I just save the game exit and load back up and it corrects itself.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

When I had the same issue, there was some kind of conflict between certain Geos and the Lone Oak Farmhouse. If that's active on your mod list, try deactivating it.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:22 pm On a side note, Alabama is a heck of a long way away from Minnesota. In both geography and climate.
Yeah lol I just like his channel and the map and I’m from Alabama
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

I uninstalled the new lizard 4x4 which was the last mod I downloaded and that fixed it so there might be a problem with that mod
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

JDMan10 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 am I uninstalled the new lizard 4x4 which was the last mod I downloaded and that fixed it so there might be a problem with that mod
Can you provide a link to this mod?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It's strange that it has updated when you reload. I always read that everything needed to be kept in memory for things to grow. I wonder how it managed to store the information and then update it later.
Disclaimer: This post may or may not contain sarcasm.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:51 am It's strange that it has updated when you reload. I always read that everything needed to be kept in memory for things to grow. I wonder how it managed to store the information and then update it later.
Disclaimer: This post may or may not contain sarcasm.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

This happened to me on several maps. The day doesn't change in the gameplay screen but in the seasons menu the day is correct. Saving and reloading did solve the screen bug.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Anybody still seeing this problem I would appreciate it if you could supply a log file from when this happens. For example you are playing for a 24 hour cycle and you see that the day does not get updated, then please share your log file. Thanks.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I’ve experienced this on Griffin,Indiana map, Millenial Farms map, as well as Welker Farms map. Each time (for me) I was speeding-up the time or changing the season length (usually from 6 to 3 days). It seemed to occur around the change of seasons. My work-around was to save, quit, and then restart. Now I’ve been playing more relaxed and not so impatient and don’t change the time lapse or season length and haven’t had any problems. I’m on Xbox, so no log file. I hope this adds a little perspective.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
garyst

Post by garyst »

I noticed it mostly happens in the winter for me. I play on Xbox so I can't give a log file. I am using the US simplified geo on 6 day seasons and playing on the griffin Indiana map. It also happens on stone valley as well.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hoss1 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 pm I’ve experienced this on Griffin,Indiana map, Millenial Farms map, as well as Welker Farms map. Each time (for me) I was speeding-up the time or changing the season length (usually from 6 to 3 days). It seemed to occur around the change of seasons. My work-around was to save, quit, and then restart. Now I’ve been playing more relaxed and not so impatient and don’t change the time lapse or season length and haven’t had any problems. I’m on Xbox, so no log file. I hope this adds a little perspective.
This is a different thing. If you change the season length the day that you see at the top changes because it needs to be recalculated. For example, if you are in Day 2 running 6 day seasons and change to 3 day seasons, then you will be taken back to day 1, otherwise you would lose an entire growth period. I suspect many people do not notice this change and then the next day they notice that they are still on day 2 (working as expected).
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:11 am
Hoss1 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 pm I’ve experienced this on Griffin,Indiana map, Millenial Farms map, as well as Welker Farms map. Each time (for me) I was speeding-up the time or changing the season length (usually from 6 to 3 days). It seemed to occur around the change of seasons. My work-around was to save, quit, and then restart. Now I’ve been playing more relaxed and not so impatient and don’t change the time lapse or season length and haven’t had any problems. I’m on Xbox, so no log file. I hope this adds a little perspective.
This is a different thing. If you change the season length the day that you see at the top changes because it needs to be recalculated. For example, if you are in Day 2 running 6 day seasons and change to 3 day seasons, then you will be taken back to day 1, otherwise you would lose an entire growth period. I suspect many people do not notice this change and then the next day they notice that they are still on day 2 (working as expected).

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. I did finally learn not to change the number of days per season, but I do see the days not changing (in the HUD) when I speed up time during the season change. I did notice, however, that the day is correct in the seasons menu with planting/harvesting calendar. Fortunately, I no longer speed up time (it’s actually made me get more immersed in the game) so I don’t have any problems with the days not updating.

Thanks @theSeb for your help!
Playing on Xbox since FS15