Really, Shaba?!

iwan073

Re: Really, Shaba?!

Post by iwan073 »

Of course he can do whatever he likes.

I really liked The Old Farm Countryside.

But what I got from his Facebook post, was that he’s upset about the fact that people don’t give him (enough?) 5 star ratings. And that’s why he stopped with that map.

Feels like; give me 5 stars or you get nothing
Ignorance is bliss
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I guess it's just what you want to read then...

Interpretation of text only is always difficult.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I think he feels he's putting in too much effort for little gains, getting hundreds of messages per week. If he doesn't feel like it's worth his time and effort to continue supporting something that doesn't appear to be popular (in his opinion), that's his choice.

Maybe my translation is bad, but I feel this thread was created to vilify Shaba.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I play on console, and it is amazing some of the things (like factories) that modders like Shaba have accomplished. Every week there are tons of threads and posts about console players with all kinds of demands, requests to the modders and questions that have already been answered over and over, so I don't blame Shaba for getting frustrated. Us complaining about him leaving is certainly not going to encourage him or other modders to help us console players. Shaba, really nice work on your mods, I'm sorry to see you leave and I hope you can continue to enjoy modding as a hobby even if it is not for console!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

duncan_101 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:52 am I guess it's just what you want to read then...
Uhhhh no.
If that were the case, I would have read I won the lottery
Ignorance is bliss
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I mean it’s his choice.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Let's agree to disagree there.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Its hard to blame Shaba for his stance judging by some of the comments hes recently received on facebook, would other modders put up with that constantly an not mind, i dont think so, I know he complained about the amount of messages he gets but I dont think its the amount that's the problem, it's the abuse hes getting on a daily basis in the messages, some people commented that he only cares about the money he receives from modding, if so, tell me what's the problem with that, the lad has a hobby he enjoys an maybe hes making the most of it by making a small amount of money from it, I know Eric already stated its possibly children commenting but if that's the case maybe there parents should have thought them better manners, so hopefully Shaba's stance will make these kids realise but then again I wouldn't bet on it.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

duncan_101 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm Let's agree to disagree there.
No. I have the choice to stop doing anything I don't want to do for any reason. Just like Shaba is not obligated to do anything he doesn't want to for any reason. Shaba is providing "a service" as a hobby. When that hobby is no longer fun and a hobby, Shaba has the right to walk away from something. Even if they received a monetary bonus, that doesn't obligate them to do anything further.

duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:51 pm
duncan_101 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm Let's agree to disagree there.
No. I have the choice to stop doing anything I don't want to do for any reason. Just like Shaba is not obligated to do anything he doesn't want to for any reason. Shaba is providing "a service" as a hobby. When that hobby is no longer fun and a hobby, Shaba has the right to walk away from something. Even if they received a monetary bonus, that doesn't obligate them to do anything further.

that's exactly what i'm going for however the OP is not from what i can read here ... hence i don't agree with him but i'm sure we won't ever agree on it either so ... too each their own.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

I see that things are being taken out of context, perhaps a bad translation is partly to blame. At no point have I said or hinted that I'm going to put this aside, I simply commented that taking into account the qualifications of some mods and the work it is giving me, I had decided to retire for a time from their support, as soon as I know Launch the PC version of Chamberg Valley. It has been a very intense few months, especially so far this year and when the update of the factories compatible with Seasons Mod was launched, which many people asked me for. With such an update, all the compatible maps had to be updated and that was not a bed of roses. Now I have decided to take a break in this regard. But far from it I will retire from the world of FS and modding, I spend all my free time on it, and I assure you, that time is very short.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Well there you have it. We can all retire our torches and pitchforks. :)

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You guys aren’t still using those tiki torches are you, fair warning it’s embarrassing optics if you are
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

The thing is people may rate mods honestly . If there is something they don't like they may rate it downwards , Also some people will rate low just to be spiteful because of one or two minor things wrong .

It would take a farm a heck of a lot for me to rate a mod 5/5 as i would have to like every single aspect and although i play various farms I usually do not rate them although i have commented on some about how much i enjoy them

I do appreciate though the vast amount of time and effort that goes into creating each and every farm or mod
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

To be honest, every mod I've installed on this game I've given 5 stars on everything, you may ask why I do that, i think it comes from the fact the only game I ever wanted on console when I was younger was a farming game and when this game came about an later the mods started coming I just rated everything 5 stars and have being doing it ever since. Lol