Vehicle Maintenance Mod

JuicyStuff

Vehicle Maintenance Mod

Post by JuicyStuff »

I don't know if Frvetz, the developer of this mod sees this but I seriously like the idea of this mod. Unfortunately, there's couple things that don't make much sense. Like how the costs are fixed and repairing old pickup truck costs the same as modern half-a-million combine? This should be based on current value of the vehicle. Also, how do I repair tools and implements? The repair button is always greyed out. :hmm:

I'd imagine doing a 1 hour worth of repair should cost only few hundred (something like simple oil change and basic checkup) to keep vehicle running for a little while, maybe reducing the wear amount of 5-10%, and 8-16hrs of repair should be pricier while also reducing something like 30-50% of wear and 24-48hrs would be a complete once-a-year maintenance which should cost the most and always fix vehicle completely. These are just rough numbers to give an idea of what I'd like to see.

I've already poked around the xml-files but only managed to edit prices, this stuff is way beyond my abilities. Other than these few issues, this would be a real game changing mod that would greatly enhance the immersion of planning ahead the maintenances when playing with seasons and used equipment mod.
DEERE317

Re: Vehicle Maintenance Mod

Post by DEERE317 »

I expect that’s just for simplicity as a $500,000 4wd tractor will cost less to maintain than a $500,000 combine.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

Hey, thanks for the information! I've been aware of the problem with repairing tools and implementations since yesterday evening and it has already been fixed. I have one more bug to fix and then I'll send in the new update again 😉 Ps: These are great ideas, I'll definitely get on to it and implement them as soon as possible. Best regards
JuicyStuff

Post by JuicyStuff »

I'm glad this is being actively developed, so much potential here!

Here's some other thoughts: I find that sometimes I have to check which pallet is which in store customization menu, maybe consider making their differences more obvious? Also it would be nice to see the actual costs before repairing, like when repairing normally when you'll see the price and be asked to proceed or not. I'm not sure how hard is it to code a confirmation window like that, but it would be nice to have.
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

I try my best to develop everything :) ... The window should be possible! I'd like to fix the bugs now and send in the update, then I'll get to integrate new things. Best Regards PS: I don't know if you saw it, but I set up an email. When bugs/ideas go there, I'm more likely to see it. Of course, you can also text me here. I'll also make a GitHub thread in the next few days ...
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

So, does the maintenance mod now override the standard maintenance in game? When I am playing on one of my save files without the seasons mod active the one thing I dreadfully miss is the ability to keep my scratches. I want my scratches... I swear GIANTS better separate the repair/repaint this time around :sadnew:.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Jason06

Post by Jason06 »

Hi GothicKing13,
the function that implements scratches is a part of seasons. Without seasons you won't have any scratches on your vehicles, the maintenance mod doesn't change anything in that context.
aka Glowin / Glowins Modschmiede
MacBook 16'' 2019 (2,4 GHz Intel i9), Nimbus+ Controller, Realismus-Fan und Hobby-Scripter
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Awe, okay... thank you for the clarification. That's a shame, the save I'm running right now has too many mods that don't play well with Seasons and I was hoping I could build up a farm and still keep the scratches utilizing the maintenance mod. Hope GIANTS follows suit of that feature of the seasons mod and separates the repair/repaint in FS22. Because, I love the worn look. But, the tractors wear down so quickly base game and require maintenance after pretty much 1 or 2 fields if not halfway through the first field. I love that GIANTS went that extra step and gave us the wear look on the surface... but, despise the fact that it gets replenished along with the maintenance.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

Hey GothicKing13,
the mod does not overwrite the function, it is still active and adapts to the maintenance, i.e. if you have to service the vehicle, the vehicle is also broken (I'm still adjusting this a little) and is repaired again when you service (normal repair button is deactivated (there are also 2 bugs fixed in the next update for the repair-button)). The seasons mod separates reparation and appearance, so the scratches should still be controlled by the seasons mod.

~Cheers
MOOUSE

Post by MOOUSE »

Hello frvetz. is there any way that it's possible to remove days and use the engine hours itself alone in this mod? for instance, I only used the tractor for maybe 15 hours (6 days seasons) and still had some hours left. then spring came along, it had to be serviced because of that days counted but not the engine hours. i tried to edit the xml but didnt figure it out yet lol love this mod by the way!
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

Hey MOOUSE,
sorry for my late reply. Feel free to send me an e-mail (ExtendedVehicleMaintenance@gmail.com) and tell me a little bit more about how you would like it to have.
Taking the days out is no problem, just send me an e-mail so I know how to contact you :^)

~Cheers
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I will add though that most/all operators manuals I have read stipulate at least one maintenance round a year regardless of hours. Some newer Deere manuals do have the option to push that out with oil testing though.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

This is why it is like that and what I made "better" in the next update (except the push out with oil)
But if someone doesn't want to have that, he should just text me.
Nocab

Post by Nocab »

Hi, is there a way to modify the amount of days before maintenance is required? For example, making the requirements be 30 hours or 2 full seasons before maintenance is required.
frvetz

Post by frvetz »

Hi Nocab,

currently you could change the values in the ExtendedVehicleMaintenance.lua, but I will send a new update in the next few days, which will make the whole system more real (shorter maintenance = less engine hours/days are "returned" e.g. before maintenance 12h left = after maintenance 15h left, longer maintenance = more engine hours/days are "returned" e.g. before maintenance 12h left = after maintenance 32h left).

How to change it when you play with seasons:

go to the full mod file --> right click on it --> extract all --> open the ExtendedVehicleMaintenance.lua --> look for self.spec_ExtendedVehicleMaintenance.SeasonsDays = g_currentMission.environment.weather.environment.daysPerSeason * 4 --- line 387 --> change the last number (* 4 ) to 8 (* 8 ) --> go back to the folder and select all files --> right click --> send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder --> name it " FS19_ExtendedVehicleMaintenance " --> enter --> put this file in your mod-folder

How to change it when you don't play with seasons:

go to the mod file --> right click on it --> extract all --> open the ExtendedVehicleMaintenance.lua --> look for self.spec_ExtendedVehicleMaintenance.SeasonsDays = 36
--- line 389 --> change the last number (36 (these are the full days)) to whatever you want --> go back to the folder and select all files --> right click --> send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder --> name it " FS19_ExtendedVehicleMaintenance " --> enter --> put this file in your mod-folder