I need to know about the next game coming

Drmattymd

Re: I need to know about the next game coming

Post by Drmattymd »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 am Sorry, but you can't convince me that PC owners are not getting a raw deal, on another note did you ever have the recycling mod in FS15, that was a great mod, you could set up your own recycling business with bins at every house and shop, and a bin lorry with an assistant that road on the backplate of the lorry and empties all the bins as you back up to them, then when full you would drive to the recycling centre and empty the lorry, it was a masterpiece of modelling craftsmanship. You don't get that these days.
If you're on pc and can't get a scripted mod it's because nobody made it, not because Giants won't allow it. Giants has ZERO control over pc mods outside of modhub. Your whole argument has no basis
Playing on PC and PS4
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 am Sorry, but you can't convince me that PC owners are not getting a raw deal, on another note did you ever have the recycling mod in FS15, that was a great mod, you could set up your own recycling business with bins at every house and shop, and a bin lorry with an assistant that road on the backplate of the lorry and empties all the bins as you back up to them, then when full you would drive to the recycling centre and empty the lorry, it was a masterpiece of modelling craftsmanship. You don't get that these days.
I know you sincerely believe that FS19 is being held back by the console version, but I fail to see the connection. What is it that we don't have that we would if Giants ignored the console market?

We still have scripted mods, and there is no requirement that mods can only come from the Mod Hub and be console compatible.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

How is PC getting a raw deal when if anything it benefits from console? The number of high quality mods that aren’t ploy bombs because they were designed for console is huge. The game is capable of being ran on a potato which the original Xbox One and PS4 aren’t far from. And we have well made stuff like Precision Farming, which if it wasn’t made by GIANTS and for console probably would be a bug riddled mess which everything conflicts with and would require prepped maps (soil mod for FS15 and it’s prepped maps...) If anything PC benefits.
Luftkopf wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:50 am
I know you sincerely believe that FS19 is being held back by the console version, but I fail to see the connection. What is it that we don't have that we would if Giants ignored the console market?

We still have scripted mods, and there is no requirement that mods can only come from the Mod Hub and be console compatible.
Drmattymd wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 am
If you're on pc and can't get a scripted mod it's because nobody made it, not because Giants won't allow it. Giants has ZERO control over pc mods outside of modhub. Your whole argument has no basis
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

I wish that they would go the scs route and just update the fs19 like scs updates ets2 and ats. However its far more profitable to release the same game with minor changes every 2 years and in process force modders to constantly convert their mods. FS19 while pretty flawes is actually pretty good now beacuse we have a lot of good mods to choose from. If you like american farming i suggest to try mercer county edit by diniz farms and you will see what im talking about. Also calmsden farm looks almost like a new updated fs19 and doesnt resemble vanilla game from 2018 by much. Anyway fs19 now got good and instead of supporting it giants is starting a new slightly upgraded game and the process of modding starts all over again. I wont be buying new game at release that is im certain of regardless of the hype and marketing giants are going to give us.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Deereslayer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:47 am I'm assuming that the new version will not be available on Xbox 1. Will probably be the end of me for the series as I'm not upgrading to next generation console or dropping big money on a computer.
Djgoham is probably thinking it will be on the old consoles as the new consoles have had a stuttered launch
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There was always a key conflict between IC and CP. You push spacebar to use them both, but it was never an end of the world issue, because CP can be changed to use ctrl+enter, iirc, instead. I do not recall any functional conflicts.

There were massive internal changes to the game between 15 and 17, especially within the scripting system. Large parts of it were rewritten and improved, but that meant all previous script mods were completely broken and needed massive changes, or complete rewrites. This is why script mods took so long to get updated for 17 and also why we had some casualties, because the original authors had left the scene, or lost interest, and nobody was motivated, or had permission, to update those mods.

I am pretty sure that the original IC script was created by someone who now works at Giants and no longer actively creates mods. This is why we lost IC when 17 came out. It has nothing to do with consoles.

It would be nice to see a built-in IC system in the game, like in Train Sim World and TSW 2. Of course it's more work for FS, since there are many more vehicles. But TSW shows that it can be done and work on both consoles and PC.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am There was always a key conflict between IC and CP. You push spacebar to use them both, but it was never an end of the world issue, because CP can be changed to use ctrl+enter, iirc, instead. I do not recall any functional conflicts.

There were massive internal changes to the game between 15 and 17, especially within the scripting system. Large parts of it were rewritten and improved, but that meant all previous script mods were completely broken and needed massive changes, or complete rewrites. This is why script mods took so long to get updated for 17 and also why we had some casualties, because the original authors had left the scene, or lost interest, and nobody was motivated, or had permission, to update those mods.

I am pretty sure that the original IC script was created by someone who now works at Giants and no longer actively creates mods. This is why we lost IC when 17 came out. It has nothing to do with consoles.

It would be nice to see a built-in IC system in the game, like in Train Sim World and TSW 2. Of course it's more work for FS, since there are many more vehicles. But TSW shows that it can be done and work on both consoles and PC.
FS19 has some IC implementations which do conflict. Such as: https://mod-network.com/detail/farming- ... r-19/12596 or JHHG’s first release of PC S6/700’s. In which upon opening the Courseplay menu it breaks IC and Courseplay until the vehicle is reset. I believe JHHG said that’s due to using custom vehicle types which Courseplay doesn’t support.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:25 pm
theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am There was always a key conflict between IC and CP. You push spacebar to use them both, but it was never an end of the world issue, because CP can be changed to use ctrl+enter, iirc, instead. I do not recall any functional conflicts.

FS19 has some IC implementations which do conflict. Such as: https://mod-network.com/detail/farming- ... r-19/12596 or JHHG’s first release of PC S6/700’s. In which upon opening the Courseplay menu it breaks IC and Courseplay until the vehicle is reset. I believe JHHG said that’s due to using custom vehicle types which Courseplay doesn’t support.
Hmmm I see. Thanks for the correction. I've not been using tractors with IC in FS19 admittedly.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:25 pm

Hmmm I see. Thanks for the correction. I've not been using tractors with IC in FS19 admittedly.
I have multiple ones downloaded just don’t touch IC other the getting steering wheels moved into place upon buying. Of course I then open CP and discover issues...