I need to know about the next game coming

DEERE317

Re: I need to know about the next game coming

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:04 pm I would imagine that there will be a barrage of videos and spreadsheets any day now, to hype up the new game with a sprinkle of hints all the way up to October just to find out that it falls dreadfully short of all the hype and all the promises made to us.
Just like FS19 was, when it first launched, devoid of any half-decent maps, and no vehicle mods that can be transferred from FS19. probably not even the buildings.
And if they go even further down the console route, so as to stop scripting for the model makers, then I am done with the game.
These games never come any good until after December.

That should ruffle a few feathers!
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:06 pm How did they “go even further down the console route” with FS19?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Marcio_Brazil_farmer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:09 pm I predicted an announcement by spring or early summer, and it still looks likely as they've pretty much summed up FS19.
Hopefully with the extra time they've had, the next release will be smoother than 19.
You mean in the this year's spring on north hemisphere ?
Spring to early summer, April to June
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:54 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:06 pm How did they “go even further down the console route” with FS19?
How should I know that? they have not suggested a new release yet let alone the actual release date. I am not a mind reader. I just hope they don't stop the ability for PC users to have scripted mods because without it you would never have had things like Seasons.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Perhaps they are going to go down the cloud gaming route and just have the game available on various platforms (Nvidia's GeForce Now, PlayStation Now, Xbox Cloud Gaming and Google's Stadia.) by subscription
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

TheSuBBie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm Perhaps they are going to go down the cloud gaming route and just have the game available on various platforms (Nvidia's GeForce Now, PlayStation Now, Xbox Cloud Gaming and Google's Stadia.) by subscription
With all the latency issue's I don't think that will happen for a while yet even if we all had 5G.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Latency is only a problem at the moment if as you say you use 4g/5g but if playing from a fibre based internet connection (WiFi or Ethernet)the only problems seem to be some 4k games blocking out on the graphics at certain times and as the majority of FS players appear to be on PC or Console I would think it is something to be considered.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Looks like your wish may be granted.

GIANTS have posted on their social channels a countdown timer that goes from 5 down to 3 and stops at that, so the obvious guess is 3 days until an announcement/teaser about the next game, presumably FS22.

I suppose it could also be announcing Farmcon 21, but I doubt it.
Marcio_Brazil_farmer

Post by Marcio_Brazil_farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm Looks like your wish may be granted.

GIANTS have posted on their social channels a countdown timer that goes from 5 down to 3 and stops at that, so the obvious guess is 3 days until an announcement/teaser about the next game, presumably FS22.

Cool ! :shock:

Let's wait so.

Thanks
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm Looks like your wish may be granted.

Here we go, CGI videos writing cheques that Giants will never cash!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:54 pm
How should I know that? they have not suggested a new release yet let alone the actual release date. I am not a mind reader. I just hope they don't stop the ability for PC users to have scripted mods because without it you would never have had things like Seasons.
So you imply the FS19 went down a console route yet don’t know what it did to go that way...?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm
So you imply the FS19 went down a yet don’t know what it did to go that way...?
Oh! I know how giant took us down the Console route in FS19. There have been many discussions about the subject on this forum and they all end up getting the posted topic locked, so I suggest you do a search on the subject if you really want to know. But I was talking about the next game going further down the console route.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

A search for what? Keywords, etc
Guil

Post by Guil »

Both of ye should stop while ye are ahead. Deere, you got baited into a trollish argument, surprised you replied given the edit to the initial post
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

DirectCedar wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:45 am
Mwal wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:56 am Yeah, feels they are ending it or adding something big, that’s just my opinion though, you have to ask chedly if you want the truth, rumor has it he knows someone on the inside
Ched can commune with Baby Grogu. Baby Grogu knows.
I didn't want to take away from the awesome video that I knew FS was going put on their social media platforms today. I think the video speaks for itself. It's a true masterpiece.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:59 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm
So you imply the FS19 went down a yet don’t know what it did to go that way...?
Oh! I know how giant took us down the Console route in FS19. There have been many discussions about the subject on this forum and they all end up getting the posted topic locked, so I suggest you do a search on the subject if you really want to know. But I was talking about the next game going further down the console route.
There’s also been many discussions about how much money comes in from console sales. GIANTS is running a business, after all.