I need to know about the next game coming

FarmBoss

Re: I need to know about the next game coming

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:52 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:56 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 pm
It’s an assumption. GIANTS has never made a statement as to the reason for delay.
Chances are the delay decision is as much to do with Focus and GIANTS separating as consoles as the delay affected both PC/Mac and Console.
Check out viewtopic.php?f=963&t=157787&hilit=We+a ... e&start=60

Half way down page 5, Chaki responded with "We at least want to know how the coming console generation looks before we make that decision. That's the major reason why we won't release a new FS game this year."

Not an official announcement, but can be considered as close as you get with Giants.
Ok.

You're welcome. :mrgreen:
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Guil wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:55 pm
To get back to the my original 1/1.5 questions on j_maybury’s post.
a. How did FS19 “go further down the console route” (paraphrasing)
b. What does it mean to go down the console route?
a. How did FS19 “go further down the console route” (paraphrasing).............IC. look it up.
b. What does it mean to go down the console route? Stripping mods down to the bare minimum so that they will work on a rubbish console.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:35 am
a. How did FS19 “go further down the console route” (paraphrasing).............IC. look it up.
b. What does it mean to go down the console route? Stripping mods down to the bare minimum so that they will work on a rubbish console.
Look what up?!?
And how are mods stripped to a bear minimum.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 am
Look what up?!?
Seriously - if you have a PC you have access to all the mods you could ever need. What’s the problem?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:59 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 am

Look what up?!?
Seriously - if you have a PC you have access to all the mods you could ever need. What’s the problem?
Attempting to understand what his argument is. As it doesn’t really imply a single platforms

If the fact that consoles can’t have scripts and such is what he’s saying, that’s due to restrictions by Sony and to a lesser degree Microsoft.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 am
If the fact that consoles can’t have scripts and such is what he’s saying, that’s due to restrictions by Sony and to a lesser degree Microsoft.
In FS15 just about every mod was a scripted mod, now you are lucky if it is 1 in 40 and that is down to giants and no one else.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:19 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 am If the fact that consoles can’t have scripts and such is what he’s saying, that’s due to restrictions by Sony and to a lesser degree Microsoft.
In FS15 just about every mod was a scripted mod, now you are lucky if it is 1 in 40 and that is down to giants and no one else.
Fixed the quoting.
Weird that all of the Pc only mods typically lack scripts, and FS15 was the same oftentimes...
I think that’s known as modders changing their methods. As GIANTS have no control over PC only mods off of the Modhub (and have no scripting restrictions on PC Modhub)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:21 am
Weird that all of the Pc only mods typically lack scripts, and FS15 was the same oftentimes...
I think that’s known as modders changing their methods. As GIANTS have no control over PC only mods off of the Modhub (and have no scripting restrictions on PC Modhub)
So in that case why did all the vehicles suddenly change from IC-based scripted modes to none at all in FS17 and don't try telling me that they all changed their methods at the same time.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah because ic control conflicts with courseplay, which is arguably the most commonly used mod in farming simulator, even pc released mods that do have it often release ic free versions
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Mwal wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:01 am Yeah because ic control conflicts with courseplay, which is arguably the most commonly used mod in farming simulator, even pc released mods that do have it often release ic free versions
So why are we denied the opportunity to choose? and this is only one instance there are others.
One other thing in FS15 there was both coursplay and ic mods, and I never had any issues!
Last edited by j_maybury on Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Because many mod authors realized they can ditch it because the bulk of the pc community preferred to go without it and in turn the mod could then make consoles in many cases so why bother. I also don’t know if it’s the European community you’re upset about or not but the American modders that used ic in previous versions either still offer it in a pc only version, don’t mod anymore, or never made modhub mods and still use ic
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

There was nothing wrong with ic in fact at the end of FS15 they were talking about having the buttons on the back of the tractors working on IC so that you could start the engine and work the hydraulics from out of the cab. But FS17 put a stop to that ever happening.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:48 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:21 am
So in that case why did all the vehicles suddenly change from IC-based scripted modes to none at all in FS17 and don't try telling me that they all changed their methods at the same time.
Their methods changed, other than customization being added FS15 vs FS17 modding is almost identical. IC is mostly overrated, they only thing I regularly used it for in 15 was mods that used it to add/subtract weights.
And half the time IC is busted/doesn’t work well and has poorly laid out/labeled controls.

So what is this magical thing GIANTS did as you claim? Nothing.

Well other than give modders more motivation to not use IC due to consoles having mods but that’s not really forcing it.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

The presence of IC in a mod was the one thing that would guarantee that I not use that mod, until I figured out how to edit the mod to disable it. At least SIC is optional and dependant on a separate mod to function.

Is there really a demand for it amongst users? I've always seen IC as modders pushing their craft and seeing what they can do, but it doesn't add anything to the game.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There’s nothing wrong with simple ic whatsoever, it’s great for what it’s for, but saying consoles killed it is laughable. Courseplay and ic aren’t compatible, and the only mod I would say possibly beats out seasons for usage is courseplay that’s why ic isn’t used like it was. It’s more likely the influx of American players at about the same time killed ic control because courseplay is a staple in the big farming play style. Though again I really believe you have two great mods with one that’s vastly more popular and they don’t play well with one another it’s not difficult to figure out why one is going by the wayside as the game gets more and more popular.