Buying used vehicles

TheGazbeard

Re: Buying used vehicles

Post by TheGazbeard »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:51 pm I think older/used machinery is something that is truly missing in the base game. And even with some mods, I feel modders are missing the mark with prices. The Fendt 800/900 Favorit's were a godsend on 17. You had older, high horsepower machinery at a nice sub 100k price. But then for 19, they have priced it in the mid 250k area. That pretty much removed the idea of buying them from my equations, when I can buy new machines for that price. Thank goodness for the older soundguard John Deere's, Cesearias Moddingm and NEPG modding for their older cheaper machines. Just my opinion, but it's nice to buy used machines at a discount, when you are getting a farm on it's feet.
Check out some of the Case IH tractors both in the vanilla game and modhub ...

7255 (from the 7200 vanilla medium tractor) = 261hp for circa $108,000 new
1455XL Beast (from the 1255-1255 XL mod small tractor) = 165hp for circa $88,000 new

Or use the Used Vehicles mod then repaint and repair after purchase - you still get around a 25% saving when you do that.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:21 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:51 pm I think older/used machinery is something that is truly missing in the base game. And even with some mods, I feel modders are missing the mark with prices. The Fendt 800/900 Favorit's were a godsend on 17. You had older, high horsepower machinery at a nice sub 100k price. But then for 19, they have priced it in the mid 250k area. That pretty much removed the idea of buying them from my equations, when I can buy new machines for that price. Thank goodness for the older soundguard John Deere's, Cesearias Moddingm and NEPG modding for their older cheaper machines. Just my opinion, but it's nice to buy used machines at a discount, when you are getting a farm on it's feet.

1455XL Beast (from the 1255-1255 XL mod small tractor) = 165hp for circa $88,000 new

Or use the Used Vehicles mod then repaint and repair after purchase - you still get around a 25% saving when you do that.
Thanks, I haven't been playing all that long.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm Thanks, I haven't been playing all that long.
Chedly, this comment earned my snort of the day award. It's like an Oscar, but with more prestige *thumbsup*
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm
TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Thanks, I haven't been playing all that long.
Undignified Chedley.

I know how long you've been a forum member (since about the time I started playing and streaming FS), but some people get so focussed on certain brands they don't know what else is in the modhub. I know one guy on my community server who is so JD & Ford focussed that he has no idea that Case now have the highest harvester hopper capacity in FS19, nor that some of the French and Italian brands dwarf his JD muck spreaders.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Two Mods I've been using a lot on recent saves when I play is the Used Equipment Mod and the Store Sales Mod, where every so often you get messages that random equipment or even full brands are on sale. Two features that I'm sure were in FS17 years ago, that were missing from FS19 and had to be modded back in, that would be nice to have in FS22 out of the box at launch. Having the option to buy used machines or pick up equipment in sales is really great for those players starting in New Farmer or Start from Scratch modes where money is in short supply, once you have bought yourself some fields to get started.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:10 pm Two Mods I've been using a lot on recent saves when I play is the Used Equipment Mod and the Store Sales Mod, where every so often you get messages that random equipment or even full brands are on sale. Two features that I'm sure were in FS17 years ago, that were missing from FS19 and had to be modded back in, that would be nice to have in FS22 out of the box at launch. Having the option to buy used machines or pick up equipment in sales is really great for those players starting in New Farmer or Start from Scratch modes where money is in short supply, once you have bought yourself some fields to get started.
Sales was in FS17, used equipment hasn’t ever been in FS standard.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
VAGamer

Post by VAGamer »

I think a reasonable approach for used vehicles would be to increase the fuel usage rate and the daily maintenance cost compared to new vehicles.

I don't know anything about modding, but would it be possible to mark/tag used implements so they consume 150% of the daily rate for maintenance and 125% for fuel cost?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Riven326 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:18 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:28 pm PC has the buy used machinery mod on the in game modhub
So I guess it must have scripts. Shame Giants can't simply put it into the game themselves.
Baking cakes are more important to them.

Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:26 am Baking cakes are more important to them.
You don't like cakes. We got it already.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Lufarms wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:48 am
chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:26 am Baking cakes are more important to them.
You don't like cakes. We got it already.
No, I like cakes a lot. Little Debbie is my hero. I'd just rather play with farm equipment in the game.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

To echo all of the above, unless there is a significant difference between new and used vehicles in the game, there would never be an incentive to buy a new machine.

So, you can do like I do and look up prices of the used equioment IRL, buy it, then cheat your money to make it work out.

Of course, I also do a bit of role play. For example, if I'm going to buy a tractor with a front loader I'll weigh the benefits of getting an older high horsepower tractor that can lift more or get a newer smaller tractor with shuttle shift to make loader work easier. Just little things like that to make purchases fit my head cannon.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!