An interesting question

Paco_86

An interesting question

Post by Paco_86 »

Let's go with an interesting question about farming in real life. Maybe you're a farmer, maybe not... But if you live near the countryside, probably you know what kind of tractors and machines are in your place.
For example, I live in the South of Spain and I see John Deere (too many), New Holland and Massey Ferguson. Only saw a claas tractor once. Of course we have Case too. What about you?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
DEERE317

Re: An interesting question

Post by DEERE317 »

Around here there’s lots of Deere across the board. A good few Kubotas for CUT’s, our neighbor has a new Holland.
Some Cases and Challengers. Lots of New Holland hay equipment for the few who still hay/livestock around here. Old Fords are also common. Not much/any Agco, saw an RK Tractors RK55 in the wild a few weeks ago.
Some old Allis’s here and there along with a couple Long tractors at the mechanics in town, think he sold them years ago. IH’s are semi common also.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:15 am Around here there’s lots of Deere across the board. A good few Kubotas for CUT’s, our neighbor has a new Holland.
Some Cases and Challengers. Lots of New Holland hay equipment for the few who still hay/livestock around here. Old Fords are also common. Not much/any Agco, saw an RK Tractors RK55 in the wild a few weeks ago.
Some old Allis’s here and there along with a couple Long tractors at the mechanics in town, think he sold them years ago. IH’s are semi common also.
Where are you from? American?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Central Indiana
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Hi, that is an interesting question.

I live in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire. I see mainly John Deere tractors, some Claas and Fendt. Lots of Claas Lexions last harvest.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I live on Djursland in Denmark - and the biggest farm in my area have John Deere, some other smaller ones have Fendt, and there are some with New Holland and Case, and I see Deutz, Claas and Massey Ferguson also.
My dad has an old Zetor, and I drive a New Holland T7 230 on my job (it replaced 2 John Deere's, a 7430 and a 7530)
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

In my area (Southwest germany) with mainly small fields i have seen anything from around 300 HP downwards:Larger Farms and contractors use Fendt and JD, smaller farms have anything from Fendt, Deere, Steyr, Case, NewHolland, IHC, Deutz-Fahr, Mercedes (MB-trac), Lamborghini, Same, even spotted one JCB on the Autobahn once. Combines and forage harvesters are mainly Claas.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I live in South Australia, down the bottom of the Fleurieu Peninsula. #1 around here has to be New Holland, by a decent margin. Fendt, Deutz Fahr, and Massey Fergusson aren’t rare. I know of one JD 6M, the earthmovers have a 9RX, and there are a few rusting Deeres in suitably rusted corro sheds laying about here and there. There are also a few Case IH running around too.

There’s not a heap of cropping on these parts, but there’s a Lexion 760 TT, and a JD STS, that I’ve seen.

The only forage harvesters I’ve seen are Claas.

I haven’t been up north to visit my brother, but he says the tractors are either JD or Claas.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The best selling tractor brand in the UK is JD, so it's not surprising that I see mainly JD around where I live in the south / south west of England. Also there are quite a few NH, Masseys and Valtras around with the occasional 7 or 9 series Fendt and medium size Case tractors. Claas combines and foragers are very popular and common, but I recall only ever seeing one or two Claas tractors. I have seen one Kubota, even though there is a Kubota dealer around 25 miles away. A few older and newer Fastracs also live in the area and can be spotted in the summer months on the roads.

The following dealerships are within a 30 mile radius of where I live: 2 x JD dealers. Fendt, NH, Case, Valtra, Kubota, Massey.

JD and Claas are the most popular combines in the area with NH in third place.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am Central Indiana
Cool, I'm from Noord Brabant
Ignorance is bliss
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

I forgot the combines: New Holland, JD and Claas (Tucano, Lexion 400 etc). I saw one Laverda too in my area. The working width is usually 4 to 6 meters. Cultives in my area: wheat, barley, oats, rapeseed, olives, cotton, oranges.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I live in western NC. Here the only farming done is cattle. Used to be tobacco but that's extremely rare now.

A 100hp tractor here is a monster. My neighbor puts up the hay on my property and just bought a New Holland Powerstar I think around 95hp. He also has a 5055 JD and an old Ford 3000 2wd.

Most tractors here are Kubotas as we have a large dealer in town. My father in law has a SCUT Massey Ferguson. My grandpa has a 1970s 245 Massey Ferguson 2wd and two restored Ford 8Ns.

However, just 50 miles away is a JD dealer that has everything from lawn mowers to 9Rs and S790 combines. It's quite a treat to see such big stuff relatively close to home.

Also, oddly enough, there's a farm about 100 miles away that has a whole fleet of JCB Fastracs.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have a jd, case, new Holland, fendt/agco, kubota, mahrindra, and a claas dealerships all within 30 to 40 mins from me. You can see all different types of implement manufacturers as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Actually saw an old deutz today. Weird for this area.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

All you ever see where I am is Case IH and Deere, with the occasional Massey or NH combine