Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Mobias

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by Mobias »

As I said in the other thread I'm disappointed but not surprised. I guess Giants didn't really have any other choice but just remake FS-19 all over again and chuck in a few bells and whistles. I'm not sure I'll be in any rush to buy it. It looks visually identical to FS-19 so there's going to have to be a lot of what ever else its doing better and/or new to make me want it.

If all that DX12 optimisation has opened up bandwidth for big improvements elsewhere in the sim then that'll be something. I do wonder if we'll see the PC version pull away more from the console version like what happened with FS-17. A good example being OxygenDavid's new Calmsden farm map. I wonder if we'll see more maps along those lines which just aren't possible on console.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think the graphics look better than 19, however I feel that it still carries the washed out look on 19. Not sure how that can be improved, just my two cents. So far taking a look, I think a few additions that Giants should consider if they haven't already are things like irrigation, dynamic ground and less pixelated changes from different textures (stubble to seed, chopped straw on the ground, etc.), and more equipment options, such as different nationalities (European, North American, South American being the prominent three) and used options + sales like in 17. In response to Miketeg, I'm pretty sure most tractors made in the past 20 years or so have a large percentage composed of plastic :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

Im really don't know where this series goes...
From fs15 its all the same It only tuned more year by year.
Here we have same situation, pull up little graphics and people are (wow such a beautiful), its really sad...

My last version was FS17 and I dont buy newest version before they dont change game engine.

This series shutdnt name Farming SIMULATOR, because there is nothing from simulator from years...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

In the article is says they're using giants engine 9....is that a new engine or is it the same one from fs19?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

DMZ Commander wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm In the article is says they're using giants engine 9....is that a new engine or is it the same one from fs19?
New version of the same engine
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

lol, it's always a new version of the same engine, but this is true for most games anyway :D
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

FS19 DirectX 11 -- 60 FPS
FS19 DirectX 12 -- 19 FPS

FS22 DirectX 12 -- ..FPS ??
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

FS19 DirectX 11 -- 60 FPS
FS19 DirectX 12 -- 19 FPS

FS22 DirectX 12 -- ..FPS ??
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

... -10 FPS ! !
:D
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

All I know is I’ll likely take a hiatus from this board and the subreddit when it launches. I can’t handle the persistent negativity, even if some of it is warranted.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 pm All I know is I’ll likely take a hiatus from this board and the subreddit when it launches. I can’t handle the persistent negativity, even if some of it is warranted.
Second that.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

All these negative thoughts and disappointments.

All we’ve seen is a 19 second long CGI teaser and a handful of screenshots.
Ignorance is bliss
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

I love the idea of seasons but I love the style of survival more and the two are very hard to make work together without loads of fast forwarding in the early days. Unless I’m just doing it wrong, but it seems like you need a good few fields etc to make it fun.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Yeah I think it's a bit to early yet to come to any conclusions, although with seasons announced and I also heard the sounds are apparently improved big time with the addition of a gearbox, all in all if that's true it's a good start so far i suppose.
radar2kde

Post by radar2kde »

Absolutely awesome, can't wait to play it, lovely trailer and looking forward to the announcements during the next weeks and months. :-)