Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

eric21

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by eric21 »

hun3 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:46 am Jesus please someone tell me they wont be using the same horrible shinny plastic wrapped art. If they do I'm done with this game.
Welcome to the generation of tractors
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Guil wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm I'd imagine all tracks will be 3D but time will tell
Probably be the case for new models but not all stuff ported over from 17 to 19 got dynamic hoses added.

Edit just noticed The Seb beat me to it *thumbsup*
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

theSeb wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am

6. Also I have never gone to my dealer to pickup a new plough, or a sprayer. It gets delivered to me. I actually set up CP courses to "deliver" consumables (diesel, fertiliser etc) and equipment to the farm when I play, for that extra touch of realism.
Going off topic have you given autodrive ago, I have only recently tried it out and it is fantastic for transport tasks.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:50 pm
theSeb wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am

6. Also I have never gone to my dealer to pickup a new plough, or a sprayer. It gets delivered to me. I actually set up CP courses to "deliver" consumables (diesel, fertiliser etc) and equipment to the farm when I play, for that extra touch of realism.
Going off topic have you given autodrive ago, I have only recently tried it out and it is fantastic for transport tasks.
I tried a while back. I understand it's been updated since. I understand the idea, but I am just so used to the CP way that making AD do what I want it to do seems a bit bewildering to me.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I thought the same but I found some routes people had setup and shared for a few maps once I understood how it works it's now in my must have mods. The Farm Sim Guy has some good tutorials for it.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:01 pm I thought the same but I found some routes people had setup and shared for a few maps once I understood how it works it's now in my must have mods. The Farm Sim Guy has some good tutorials for it.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:07 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:01 pm I thought the same but I found some routes people had setup and shared for a few maps once I understood how it works it's now in my must have mods. The Farm Sim Guy has some good tutorials for it.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
As far as transport or Road networks go, i would definately say Autodrive is much simpler and Easy to work with. I used to do it with CP as Well, until I tried AD and ‘cracked the code’
The only thing that bothers me it that you can’t set up a ‘use speed from recording’ function, so sometimes the default AD drives way too fast. You can make it slow down more in corners tho, so now it’s ok again.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 pm As far as transport or Road networks go, i would definately say Autodrive is much simpler and Easy to work with. I used to do it with CP as Well, until I tried AD and ‘cracked the code’
The only thing that bothers me it that you can’t set up a ‘use speed from recording’ function, so sometimes the default AD drives way too fast. You can make it slow down more in corners tho, so now it’s ok again.
You may already be aware but you can also limit the top speed for the vehicle in the on screen menu for whenever it's moving from memory second button in from the right on the bottom row move the cursor over it the use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I am not criticising or anything, It is just that I tried this mod out when it first came out and found it very confusing for what it is.
I thought that CP did a far better job at the time. But I have heard others raving about it, so is there something I am missing?
What is it that makes it better to use than CP?
I have been wondering if I should give it another try, but I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to fathom how it works if it is overly complicated.
Is there a good tutorial in English for this mod?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Same here. I didn't dare venture into AutoDrive because it seemed like CP could do the same without me learning much more. But Courseplay has so much to catch up on to compete with AutoDrive for transporting. I use CP for field work, and AutoDrive for grain carting/transporting
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Has been the same for me too, i tried it once and learned, that AD works way better for transport or road travel in general as it's way easier to create a path or network with AD and it seems to be less hardware hungry than CP too.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm
I am not criticising or anything, It is just that I tried this mod out when it first came out and found it very confusing for what it is.
I thought that CP did a far better job at the time. But I have heard others raving about it, so is there something I am missing?
What is it that makes it better to use than CP?
I have been wondering if I should give it another try, but I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to fathom how it works if it is overly complicated.
Is there a good tutorial in English for this mod?
Check out the farm sim guy on YouTube and then have a look for a map which someone has created routes for already and give it a go once you've seen how the routes are created it makes it easier to understand. I got to grips with it on Flint Hills as there is a very good network setup for it.
When you load autodrive up it creates an xml in the savegame you can then replace that with an xml somebody has shared.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

juf.de wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:02 pm it seems to be less hardware hungry than CP too.
I would definitely agree with that especially for combine unloading,don't get me wrong I'm not knocking courseplay as for fieldwork it is the far better option.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Same here. I didn't dare venture into AutoDrive because it seemed like CP could do the same without me learning much more. But Courseplay has so much to catch up on to compete with AutoDrive for transporting. I use CP for field work, and AutoDrive for grain carting/transporting
I'd say the developers of each both understand their own strengths and weaknesses as they seem to be working alongside each other rather than competing.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:34 pm
I'd say the developers of each both understand their own strengths and weaknesses as they seem to be working alongside each other rather than competing.
Yes, I noticed on one tutorial that he went into CP advanced settings and there was an AutoRoute function that tells it to go and pickup the AutoRoute line. or something along those lines my short term memory is not so good these days.