Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Dairydeere

Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by Dairydeere »

So, we officially know what the next iteration of Farming Simulator is going to be. FS22 plans to release in the fourth quarter of 2021, so likely November. They've posted a YouTube video, which I cannot seem to discern much besides the fact that we know Seasons will be incorporated as a base feature in the game (awesome!). I also read the blog and I see some very nice machines that are looking to be added. Examples being a Fendt Katana and John Deere 9R. I also noticed in their Seasons picture that there is a very nice American-style farm poking through the trees. Maybe the North American side of the game will really show?

I started this thread so everyone could share their thoughts on the new game's teasers, reveals, etc. *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Paco_86

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by Paco_86 »

I'm glad about it, because it will be in ps4
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I'm gonna hold off on it, not ready to give up FS19, and see if I can talk the wife into a pair of Xbox Series X's for Christmas lol

I do like the incorporated season, it was so hard to play FS19 without seasons, kept going back to FS17 until seasons dropped. Can't wait to see what else is in store for FS22.
Last edited by ValhallSN95 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

There was a nice North American-style farm in FS19's reveal trailer. What we got was a California beach town with "farm" buildings that you can't even open the door on. That lovely useless red barn.... :rolleyesnew:

I also noticed the 9R doesn't have a 3-point. That gives me hope for actual vehicle customization options. Hopefully, we'll finally see some US versions of stuff. *thumbsup*

Seasons in the base game will be awesome if implemented correctly AND we still have the option to change geos separate from the map. What if I like a map based in Oregon but I want to farm in a climate of western Kentucky? I can currently do that with FS19.

Obviously we haven't seen any actual gameplay but I'm hoping they've toned-down the sparkly graphics. Something in between FS17 and 19 would do. (perhaps this could help with slot limits on current-gen consoles?)

Hopefully, the sound is better. FS19 has the same sounds as FS17 (ex: gravel crunching under the tires) but you can't hear them unless you uncomfortably zoom in to the sound's source. That HAS to change. FS19 would sound incredible if the zoom effect was gone.
EDIT: acually, no. FS19 does sound terrible once you hire a worker or two and you get the auto-tuned stepped-pitch effect. You know what I'm talking about. FS19 sounds terrible.

I'm not holding my breath for gearboxes. They may have added shifting sounds but I highly doubt (and hopefully will be proven wrong) that they've actually included gear shifting.

The AI will still be horrible. Prove me wrong, Giants!

I want to see how they've incorporated soil management, GPS (I am tired of relying on the helper to drive in a straight line), crop rotation, etc...

I remain axiously pessimistic as I always have with the release of a new FS title. It's blatantly obvious that FS19's only marketable component was the addition of John Deere. What's it going to take for the masses to get excited about FS19.5... I mean 22? :lol: I am legitimately anxious to see what the "big secret" of 22 is going to be. :hmm: It's going to take something pretty significant since (in my opinion) they're holding back by keeping this on current-gen consoles. What's it going to take to get anyone playing on PC to get the new game?
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

@fenixguy I figure that PC and New Gen Consoles will get the full game vs a toned down version for current gen.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

The teaser let us know that they realize they need seasons in some from from the get go.
I don't think there's going to be any other big secrets.
Considering they are still holding on to the old consoles, I don't think they have much work ahead. As somebody else said, this may be no more than 19.5.
I look forward to see a list of new features. Hopefully it's short enough to allow them time to complete the existing ones.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:17 pm Considering they are still holding on to the old consoles, I don't think they have much work ahead. As somebody else said, this may be no more than 19.5.
This sums up my thoughts
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The release of 19 was aweful. The game was incomplete, and the release was nothing like what was sold to us from the hype. Also, we seen that going from a plethora of mods to none shows how much the modders actually make the game good. The game won't get good ( for console players ) until at least a year after release and some of those fantastic mods and maps are in place. PC players should be happy somewhat soon after release. Console players, might be better off holding on to 19 for half a year.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Console players, might be better off holding on to 19 for half a year.
This will depend on what will be required to bring current mods into the game and what any new ones will require regarding textures/shaders etc.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:23 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:17 pm Considering they are still holding on to the old consoles, I don't think they have much work ahead. As somebody else said, this may be no more than 19.5.
This sums up my thoughts
The claim they’ve optimized/increased performance so that may be why the last Gen consoles can run it. If they’ve optimized it to run on last Gen and make graphics/game play improvements I think that is described as a win win. If they succeed.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

My biggest "complaint" that I have is they have a Fendt Katana and a John Deere 9R that they could release for 19 going off of the screenshots. Why are they holding onto them for 22? Is it to sell the game? If they need equipment to sell the game, are the graphics and gameplay enough of a gamechanger? I get it, but if the game is getting totally revamped and made better, you won't need brands to sell the game. Just my 2 cents.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Hellas Farmer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:45 pm Seeing the screenshots they are equally awful in the visual department as 19.
I have downloaded tens of maps, I still haven't managed to play more than 2 hours of 19 in total and if things remain as they are I see absolutely no reason to buy 22.
2 hours!! I have 450hrs so far on fs19.
I think they have to release on last gen just purely based on how terrible the new generation console launch was almost 6 months ago and we are still struggling to find one to buy not that there is any reason to buy one cause there is no good games out yet for next gen. then add in Covid and everything is just shot to heck so at this point I'll be happy with FS19.5 and just hope there is a decent shader mod soon after the launch so it doesn't look quite soo bright and colourfully
As far as I'm concerned Giants has somewhat of a free pass with this game as the covid card is still in hand...
Last edited by FarmerJohn89 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Maybe the licensing agreement was only for FS22? I don't know, I just hope that we get some "older" equipment this time around. Maybe we can include water on the windows in the agreements this time around as well? It looks weird seeing the wipers working full speed and the windows being bone dry... I was my equipment to appear wet, and or to accumulate snow when it's snowing during the winter. Since that's going to be base game this time around. But, looking towards GIANTS the most... I am begging them "down on 1 knee" ready to plea. Please give us 2 THINGS with FS22. I want much more than 2 things. BUT, I NEED THESE 2 THINGS.

1. Separate the REPAIR / REPAINT - I beg of thee GIANTS - Let me please, keep my scratches...
2. Let old Copper ride in the Truck/Tractor with me this time around? You gave us a pup last game, let us have him by our sides in this game.
2 1/2. Can I have a Cat, also? Like really... Every farm I live near around here has cats... and mice, but... I'll just take the cat, please? :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:35 pm
Hellas Farmer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:45 pm Seeing the screenshots they are equally awful in the visual department as 19.
I have downloaded tens of maps, I still haven't managed to play more than 2 hours of 19 in total and if things remain as they are I see absolutely no reason to buy 22.
2 hours!! I have 450hrs so far on fs19.
I have 1,227.2 Hours on FS19 - 2,329.8 Hours on FS17 - 101.6 Hours on FS2013 - FS15, FS2011 FS2009 I am not sure of because I own the CD/DVD versions of those. I don't have them on Steam to see the hours of usage. Though, FS15 is when the hours started climbing higher. FS17 is when it sky rocketed.

I think I have an addiction... :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

My thoughts?

Easy..sorry, being negative again...I lost all confidence in this "i don't listen to my customer" company.

Before launch :
Big marketing push to show CGI trailer and few update on the existing game
Big hype, big show off on forum / social media

After :
Incomplete game
2D ground textures
2D fillplane in trailer
Arcade Physic
Plastic looking tractor
Awful sky
Full of bug (normal for a new game, abnormal for an update like this one)
No support (won't fix)
Nobody watching topics from Giants
No care at all
DLC Announcment, without even fixing bugs
Few years later, back at top.

Modders will save the game AGAIN!

Seasons? Lol. I'm 100% sure they will add 4 seasons, and that's it. No cattle management, no geo, no effect on crops, etc...Giants style..

Please Giants, proove me i'm wrong. Because I was right since FS15...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)