Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

texasplowboy

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by texasplowboy »

I like what I have seen so far, but no gaameplay yet. Giants has always used mods as a way to add new features to a new game. As far as any game breaking feature? Think about this, when was the last time we actually saw any game with game breaking features? I test about 20 games a year (could do more just don;t have the time) and for the most part same thing with new paint.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Just having Seasons in the base game is already a step up from FS19. The point isn't to make a game that is better than every mod ever made for the game (but that would explain why Elder Scrolls 6 isn't out yet....)
It is just to be a better improved game from the base game and whatever DLC it come out with. Which Giants do with every release is to take steps forward and include most if not all of the DLC from the previous version.
So far I would consider the new crops of Grapes and Olives a significant step forward plus Seasons included it opens up modding potential to other vineyard crops or maybe even Orchard crop types.
So you can swear all you like that all the games are all exactly the same but it doesn't make it true.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:46 pm Just having Seasons in the base game is already a step up from FS19. The point isn't to make a game that is better than every mod ever made for the game (but that would explain why Elder Scrolls 6 isn't out yet....)
It doesn't have Seasons, it has seasons.

If you're expecting Seasons mod implementation you're going to be very disappointed. It has months, trees changing colour and losing leaves, snow and that's all we know about that aspect of the game, but it's definitely not going to be Seasons.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:01 pm
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:46 pm Just having Seasons in the base game is already a step up from FS19. The point isn't to make a game that is better than every mod ever made for the game (but that would explain why Elder Scrolls 6 isn't out yet....)

If you're expecting Seasons mod implementation you're going to be very disappointed. It has months, trees changing colour and losing leaves, snow and that's all we know about that aspect of the game, but it's definitely not going to be Seasons.
*And At least optional planting/harvesting windows.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

To be fair, you don't know how it will be implemented, so it could be better than the season mod. Only giants know at this point.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:35 pm To be fair, you don't know how it will be implemented, so it could be better than the season mod. Only giants know at this point.
Maybe leave the jokes to Chedley.. lol
Playing on PC and PS4
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I just found out that one cannot even steal other vehicles, or threaten neighbour farmers to get a better deal on their land in FS22. Ridiculous oversights in my opinion.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

It will be a definitive NO BUY for me if the don't implement smell, it's a big part of dairyfarming, and the haven't even talked about it for over ten years!!!
I've played since LS08 and not even a modder gotten around to do it yet :hmm:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm I just found out that one cannot even steal other vehicles, or threaten neighbour farmers to get a better deal on their land in FS22. Ridiculous oversights in my opinion.
:lol:
Hoffa82 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:30 pm It will be a definitive NO BUY for me if the don't implement smell, it's a big part of dairyfarming, and the haven't even talked about it for over ten years!!!
:geeknew: :confusednew: :lol: :search: :shock:

Chedley may be out of a job soon.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Eveytime I heard the cry seasons must be in the next version as standard it made me wary, given it's confirmed Realismus are not involved I'm fully ready to be underwhelmed
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:46 am Makes you wonder what aspect of the helpers are "more realistic AI behaviour" then, as stated in the game announcement news post. There will be some annoyed players if it's just something like the AI turning around in a different way!

Technically if what Lars has said is true, then it doesn't mean that a GPS mod won't come as a Precision Farming module... [insert so you're telling me there's a chance meme]

PS no chance - if you've made a functioning GPS you'd include it in the base game.
Given how they introduced precision farming I'd have thought guidance steering would be a must given how in real life it's so widespread.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

Hoffa82 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:30 pm It will be a definitive NO BUY for me if the don't implement smell, it's a big part of dairyfarming, and the haven't even talked about it for over ten years!!!
Actually...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Sweet idea....make everything "strapable"
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Landscaping Tool was big and great addition of fs19. We could not let that go anymore.

Anyway, rumors are mostly bs allways so enjoy The summer and wait for actual gameplay footage 🍺
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

I am excited for the new game. People always complain that the new games don't add anything but when you think of it, not many new games of any kind really "add" anything. It's all about getting the graphics better and adding a couple little quality of life upgrades. There is no re-releasing game that doesn't do this. Even the coveted GTA is just a re-release with better graphics and a couple new ideas. Nothing more. I've noticed that the farm sim community (not everyone) is one of the most complaining genres I have come across.

I for one am excited to see what it looks like as the is my biggest driving upgrade. Better looking fields/tree/tractors/lighting/weather/performance. Those are the only driving factors we should be concerned about. And those are the only ones Modders can't really fullfill.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.