Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Pafarmer

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by Pafarmer »

I’m personally looking forward to see what comes next good bad or indifferent. I think Giants is in kind of a tricky spot here some are gonna be happy with whatever they do and some are gonna hate whatever they do as history of this franchise has shown. Probably comes down to the company bottom line time to generate revenue.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

FS22, something I will end up looking forward to, that will likely leave me disappointed.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Little to early to really formulate a opinion based on what was given. From the blog, everything sounds like a step in the right direction. It was smart for them to release on last gen because they are publishing the game too. Increase in profits for them and possible more freedom with that. I think the game will be great on any system really. Probably be better on pc, Xbox X/S and Xbox one because of the architecture put in place with those systems.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Everyone is always mad at Giants, but I guess they don't think about the work it takes to make a playable game, and the fact that most of them don't have the skills to do it. Just be happy that Giants are making the game in the first place.
JamP

Post by JamP »

The only thing I cry out at this point is that the value of the game on the consoles is consistent with reality. Let's see if it was a Focus Home or Giants problem. Who's the mercenary? Lol

Tired of paying double, for only half the game.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Hellas Farmer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 am
Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:40 am Everyone is always mad at Giants, but I guess they don't think about the work it takes to make a playable game, and the fact that most of them don't have the skills to do it. Just be happy that Giants are making the game in the first place.
Thanks for the valuable input.

I am not a sushi chef but I know when a sushi is bad or not.

Similarly I (and others) might not be working within the gaming industry but we have some idea over the levels of effort being made, the limitations and when something is good or bad.

Is that sky, flowers, tree textures and their shadows, for a game that is all about dirt and foliage (=agriculture right), good enough for you?

Do you look at the grass over there and think "yeah that's realistic"...

OxygenDavid''s upcoming Calmsden map has a more realistic look.
BulletBill's FS17 map The Western Shore has a more realistic look.

It is still early and things might not be the way they look, especially with seasons textures etc.

There certainly are improvements but if a proper sky was made (just bring back fs17 sky with a bit higher res textures), together with a more "gloomy" lighting, things would look quite better.
The average player wouldn’t probably give more realistic foliage a second thought and those who do probably will play a different map anyway.
For the food most can tell bad food but that still doesn’t mean you know how to fix it/how much it costs.
GIANTS is a business and dealing with ultimately minor gripes of a small portion of the fan base doesn’t make financial sense.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Hellas Farmer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 am
Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:40 am Everyone is always mad at Giants, but I guess they don't think about the work it takes to make a playable game, and the fact that most of them don't have the skills to do it. Just be happy that Giants are making the game in the first place.
Thanks for the valuable input.

I am not a sushi chef but I know when a sushi is bad or not.

Similarly I (and others) might not be working within the gaming industry but we have some idea over the levels of effort being made, the limitations and when something is good or bad.

Is that sky, flowers, tree textures and their shadows, for a game that is all about dirt and foliage (=agriculture right), good enough for you?

Do you look at the grass over there and think "yeah that's realistic"...

OxygenDavid''s upcoming Calmsden map has a more realistic look.
BulletBill's FS17 map The Western Shore has a more realistic look.

It is still early and things might not be the way they look, especially with seasons textures etc.

There certainly are improvements but if a proper sky was made (just bring back fs17 sky with a bit higher res textures), together with a more "gloomy" lighting, things would look quite better.
It is good enough for me, because I just manage my expectations of Giants to be low enough to not be disappointed
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

are we not going to mention that that Massey looks like a Fastrac, is ugly as can be, looks nice, and is pretty cool.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm prob one of few who is kind of bummed lol. Seems like 17 and now 19 finally hit their stride for me around the time they decide to release a new game. I think it's another reason why I need to go pc so it doesnt take a year for me to get the mods I need to enjoy the game right before that version dies. Oh well.....at least the journey continues and I will be pessimistic but entertained and addicted at the same time. Hopefully there are some great new features to figure out and learn the tricks to.

Signed
Reluctantly waiting in Pennsylvania

Lol
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Hopefully 22 comes out and they stick with it and make it better with the help of the modders. I'd rather have 22 be around for 5 years before an announcement of a new version. You can't expect vast improvements when you're getting a new game every 2-3 years. I myself am pretty stoked for the new version.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

This may be extremely unpopular but until the tractors change to be Uber realistic I don’t really want Uber realistic sky, foliage, dirt, or anything else. When I have played on maps or see shots of them where they make the foliage/sky’s look real I can’t shake the feeling I’m in a live animation cartoon. It’s fine if it’s what ya like but I have always preferred games where everything is a similar style. So I guess a graphical upgrade is a plus for me but my main concern is features. We will see what they bring to the table I’m withholding judgment until I see more. It wouldn’t be the first series I only buy every third or fourth game because they don’t change enough, hopefully giants loads up on irresistible features.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Agree, I care mostly about features. Graphics are great and all but I rapidly start ignoring them as I sink into the world of gameplay.
Kind of like how I can forget I’m wearing sunglasses over 3hrs of hay cutting.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:45 am Hopefully 22 comes out and they stick with it and make it better with the help of the modders. I'd rather have 22 be around for 5 years before an announcement of a new version. You can't expect vast improvements when you're getting a new game every 2-3 years. I myself am pretty stoked for the new version.
According to some modders, it sounds like the track of this new game will make it so the core files are not changed much. 17 to 19 was a big jump that dramatically changed the game. Couple that with the fact that the release was very rough and buggy, and modders likely had a hard time getting started on modding. Giants, from what I've heard, will be covering some modding sessions at the virtual FarmCon this year.

Side note: Did anyone else notice that the equipment all featured plates on them? Not sure why the 9R does since North American farmers don't license their equipment with plates as far as I'm aware. At any rate, that will be a fun addition.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I've just took a really indepth look at all the pictures on the website, and some of the things included are really promising, and not even things I noticed were missing from the game. Things like proper corn stalk flow in the chopper header, cow behaviors and more-realistic details to them. The only thing I see missing is any sort of ground deformation.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So it's going to be for old and new gen consoles...I hope they update the slots for new gens as they should hold more slots in my opinion! I hope the new brands are big names because that will unlock alot for modders for sure.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22