3. US version tractors
4. Two new maps
5. New crops
6. New crop textures
7. New animal textures
8. New trees
9. New brands
10. New shop categories
11. Upgraded game engine 9 with support with better graphics and optimization for multi-core cpu-s.
12. PS5/XBox Series X support.
13. New machines
14. New sound engine/new sounds
15. Gearboxes
17. Better mod customization (no idea what this is about!).
18. Better AI
19. GPS
20. Upgraded Erlengrat map

These are features revealed so far, i think it is quite a lot compared to original FS19, but maybe not enough compared to fully modified FS19.
These 20 are not enough to buy this game on release, i think i am going to wait all the fancy mods and DLC-s what are coming in future and then
move from FS19 to FS22.

Few thoughts/expectations:
- New consoles will get 4k support with max graphics options, increased slot count, older consoles will remain with lower graphics
and 1080p textures, about same slot count what was on FS19.
- Game is almost ready, they are doing final polishing at the moment, so there will not so many bugs what were in FS19 - thanks to extra
year of development.
- Seasons will be a Giants version of it, beginner version of Realismus Modding version, hopefully options to change seasons
realism and difficulty.
Last edited by IceUul on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bossmanslim

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by bossmanslim »

IceUul wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 pm But now let's see new features over original FS19:

2. International number plates
3. US version tractors
15. Gearboxes
18. Better AI
19. GPS
What is the source for items 2, 3 and 19?

2) I"m not sure exactly what this is, but if it is the European hazard placards that don't show up on the Massy, New Holland and Deere in the screenshots, while showing up on the Fendt, then I'm not sold as these placards don't show up on a lot of configurations in FS19 and then automatically appear on other configurations.

3) One screenshot of a Deere in US config doesn't mean much, lets see how the rest of the game proves out.

15) I still think this is a sound thing, not a gameplay thing. Maybe someone can look at the German version and see what it says.

18) Precision farming has "better AI" and it isn't even noticeable between the base game and with the mod.

19) I haven't seen this stated anywhere.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

IceUul wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 pm But now let's see new features over original FS19:

3. US version tractors
15. Gearboxes
18. Better AI
19. GPS

2) I"m not sure exactly what this is, but if it is the European hazard placards that don't show up on the Massy, New Holland and Deere in the screenshots, while showing up on the Fendt, then I'm not sold as these placards don't show up on a lot of configurations in FS19 and then automatically appear on other configurations.

3) One screenshot of a Deere in US config doesn't mean much, lets see how the rest of the game proves out.

15) I still think this is a sound thing, not a gameplay thing. Maybe someone can look at the German version and see what it says.

18) Precision farming has "better AI" and it isn't even noticeable between the base game and with the mod.

19) I haven't seen this stated anywhere.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:55 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:45 am Hopefully 22 comes out and they stick with it and make it better with the help of the modders. I'd rather have 22 be around for 5 years before an announcement of a new version. You can't expect vast improvements when you're getting a new game every 2-3 years. I myself am pretty stoked for the new version.
According to some modders, it sounds like the track of this new game will make it so the core files are not changed much. 17 to 19 was a big jump that dramatically changed the game. Couple that with the fact that the release was very rough and buggy, and modders likely had a hard time getting started on modding. Giants, from what I've heard, will be covering some modding sessions at the virtual FarmCon this year.

Side note: Did anyone else notice that the equipment all featured plates on them? Not sure why the 9R does since North American farmers don't license their equipment with plates as far as I'm aware. At any rate, that will be a fun addition.
I have seen plates on tractors for fun, but that’s more so on the much smaller CUT’s which are hobbies for many of their owners.
And on old restored Ford 9N (Or it was some type of Ferguson)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hallers wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:55 am
theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
Hallers wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am Looks to me that the graphics are sligtly improwed from FS 19. I have little hopes that that the graphics have big improwments, I think this will be much the same with just more detailed textures. I believe and hope that they will put more effort in the gamplay and the feeling of the game. FS 19 is very limited in gamplay, and as most people mentions here that the modders saves the game for beeing boring. Looks from the screenshots in the teaser that the ground is still not 3D. This is too bad as I think this would improve the game a lot. Hope I`m wrong though :lol: Anyways I`m looking forward to this :smileynew:
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
A good question :hmm: I see that I was quite unclear. It`s basicly a continuing of the changes we got with seasons. The animal setup was changed from a basic setup with one type of every animal and they prodused the same almost anyway. Seasons changed this to different breeds and health scale etc. Also in the arable farming this was changed with withering crops etc. Season changed the game for me with theese changes. With unlimited budget I would kept going on this path. Muddy vs dry fields is something that haven`t been in the game, I personally think this would lift the gaming experience a lot. A short answer to a big Question :gamer: but hope it was understandable. Sorry for bad english *thumbsup*
Your English is perfectly fine and thank you for answering. I was just curious what people are actually hoping for when they mention game play changes. Personally I would like to see the physics and the feel of driving to be overhauled, so that it feels like you are operating a large machine. Games like ETS2 and that other farming game get this right. I like to see the cultivation of land aspect to be reworked, so that different levels of cultivation are required, as in the real world.

Unfortunately I am also about 99% sure that this will never happen in the base game.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
:lol:
I do love how everyone is expecting a revolutionary game that changes everything when no FS game has really done that.
I also kind of find the GPS and CP funny as pretty much every good button combo (Xbox One controller) on my controller is used by the game and I had to work at putting Manual Attach into the key bind list. Along with the fact CP takes a good chunk of skill which most players lack and loves to have bugs even after nearly a decade of being developed (and ported from game to game) and probably millions of hours of play time, I can’t imagine a built from the ground up by GIANTS over a couple years version would be much if any better and rob the game of other features.
Last edited by DEERE317 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 pm

3. US version tractors
15. Gearboxes
18. Better AI
19. GPS
2 - source photos: tractor and Fendt forage harvester has different number plates, some with D (Germany) and John Deere 9R got
USA style.
3. Based on 9R US JD tractor and it configuration and number plate
19. Based on the information about future plans for Precision Farming, but this GPS could be just like now in FS19, a feature
what cannot be used by player.

Also to be noticed these 20 are based on initial Giants information and how complete and how they are implemented into the game
are still unknown.
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I’m sorry but I can’t get excited over minute details such as number plates. Also, it’s clear from the pictures although the textures have changed slightly it doesn’t appear game changing, direct drilling textures go from fresh cut stubble to smooth soil.

I just hope and pray that Xbox Series X and PS5 get 4K graphics (then there may be a glimmer of hope for Calmsden on console :) ). The increase in slot count will be good, Chellington is almost unplayable in FS19 because of that. However my fear is that *if it goes 4k, new models will just be even more slots anyway leading to the same situation as the older consoles.
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 pm
Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
:lol:
I do love how everyone is expecting a revolutionary game that changes everything when no FS game has really done that.
I also kind of find the GPS and CP funny as pretty much every good button combo on my controller is used by the game and I had to work at putting Manual Attach into the key bind list. Along with the fact CP takes a good chunk of skill which most players lack and loves to have bugs even after nearly a decade of being developed (and ported from game to game)
Even if one could get CP into a state where it works perfectly fine 100% of the time and never does anything silly it would never be added into the game in its current state, because of the complexity and skill required to operate it, as you mention. Maybe one day we will get a much simplified version where you can just select a tractor and trailer, click on a field and assign it "combine support" or "transport grain to..<select silo> . Maybe in FS2030.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
I know you wasn't asking for my input but I felt like it was a good question that could be answered by anyone who's played the game the last few years. So here goes with my list of improvements:

1. Physics - Improve the Physics for interacting with objects in the game, picking up bales, pallets, logs etc and moving them around needs to be much better and result in far less flipped and flying equipment. Maybe this means adding a bunch of 'Autoload' mechanics to different equipment to handle different objects better. Let's have log grapples that can pick up more then one log at a time. Also the interaction with objects via hand, we need better ways to pick up and move some smaller items that again don't often times cause the player to be launched into space by the object they are carrying, or have the object for whatever unknown reason suddenly decide to fly off in a random direction and have the player have to go and retrieve it.

2. Incorporate some of the most commonly used and requested mods into the base game. We have this new Seasonal Cycle being implemented by Giants for FS22 (Though I do hope it can be turned off and you can play without it.) Could we also please have mods like Place Anywhere, Guidance Steering, Global Company, Follow Me etc also incorporated and included in the game from the start. Certainly GPS should be a part of Farming Simulator 22 as it's so heavily used by real life farmers these days to the point they barely and rarely do any task without it. Also they put all the screen and receivers on their models in the game, so why not make them actually functional.

3. Improved Worker AI - Let's give the worker's an intelligence boost so they can complete field tasks regardless of the size and shape of the field without any interaction from the player after being employed. Let's have them not randomly jump to over fields mid task and mess up. Let's also have them provide some additional useful functions to the player like being able to have a worker employed to drive a vehicle and tractor to unload a player driving a harvester vehicle. Let's have the AI able to be assigned to take crops from silos and sell them at the sellpoint a player indicates.

4. For Console Players the ability to re-bind and re-assign controls in the game's options would be nice. People have already mentioned how in FS19 some functions available in game, could not be done by players because the key binds were not set-up (Beacons and Hazard Lights for Example), also for mods that come out with keybinds it would be nice to map those to a controller and potential then increase what type of mods can then also be released on consoles, as opposed to be PC/Mac only because they require custom keybinds. Also just for me I like to rebind some functions of the game such as Cruise Control Activation and AI Worker Hire. On PC I have it so my Controller when pressing the Circle/B Button that activates or deactivates the cruise control. The worker hiring I rebound to L1+R1+Circle/B Button so I wouldn't accidentally keep hiring workers.

5. Some incorporated elements of Production Chains to get items to either use around your farm, or to sell. I love the Production Mods and have used them since the first Fill Type Mover ones appeared, and then later when Global Company released have moved onto those. I just like having the options to do more with the items I produce with my fields, and have a whole lot of gameplay I can participate it away from the fields when I want a break from repeated field work. Take for example the recently release Sugar Beet Addon Mod or the previously released Straw Harvest Addon, I'd love to see something like those in the base game, but for each and every single crop type that Giants chooses to include in the game.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Your English is perfectly fine and thank you for answering. I was just curious what people are actually hoping for when they mention game play changes. Personally I would like to see the physics and the feel of driving to be overhauled, so that it feels like you are operating a large machine. Games like ETS2 and that other farming game get this right. I like to see the cultivation of land aspect to be reworked, so that different levels of cultivation are required, as in the real world.

Unfortunately I am also about 99% sure that this will never happen in the base game.
I also said new features is what will sell the game to me. I agree with the cultivation 100% I don’t want to run a plow then plant immediately after, I want a ground compaction after so many harvests so I have a reason to run a rippe. It would also be nice to have different ways to go about tasks like using a disk to eliminate trash in a field rather than just a needs plowing state. And likewise I don’t want to be able to harrow corn stalks. Animals could also use a revamp. It would be nice to be able to grind feed and have different ways to get animals to full productivity. Also on this same note it would be nice to have the sell points that produce by-products you could feed to animals like pulp and tailings from beets, wet cake from an ethanol plant ect. I could easily rattle off a page but I will quit now and anxiously await the announcement of more features and hope some things I want are added or even stuff I never thought of.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm

I also said new features is what will sell the game to me. I agree with the cultivation 100% I don’t want to run a plow then plant immediately after, I want a ground compaction after so many harvests so I have a reason to run a rippe. It would also be nice to have different ways to go about tasks like using a disk to eliminate trash in a field rather than just a needs plowing state. And likewise I don’t want to be able to harrow corn stalks. Animals could also use a revamp. It would be nice to be able to grind feed and have different ways to get animals to full productivity. Also on this same note it would be nice to have the sell points that produce by-products you could feed to animals like pulp and tailings from beets, wet cake from an ethanol plant ect. I could easily rattle off a page but I will quit now and anxiously await the announcement of more features and hope some things I want are added or even stuff I never thought of.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Maybe one day we will get a much simplified version where you can just select a tractor and trailer, click on a field and assign it "combine support" or "transport grain to..<select silo> .
Do you mean something like the other farming game has where you assign the worker a task and equipment in the yard he goes off does the task comes back and parks his vehicle.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Deleted, not sure why then forum quoted a post I was trying to edit.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:29 pm
Maybe one day we will get a much simplified version where you can just select a tractor and trailer, click on a field and assign it "combine support" or "transport grain to..<select silo> .
Do you mean something like the other farming game has where you assign the worker a task and equipment in the yard he goes off does the task comes back and parks his vehicle.
Yup, pretty much that with maybe an extra degree of simplicity, considering some of the questions I see posted on these forums.