Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

DEERE317

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by DEERE317 »

Something I noticed looking at FS22 Screenshots on Twitter,
The Fendt doesn't have any form of EU warning signs and the background appears to be Elmcreek... maybe there is something to the rumor of customizable number plates and such?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:11 pm Something I noticed looking at FS22 Screenshots on Twitter,
The Fendt doesn't have any form of EU warning signs and the background appears to be Elmcreek... maybe there is something to the rumor of customizable number plates and such?
hmm maybe .....
Edit: maybe like a customization like Eu or US?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FSarndrone wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:11 pm Something I noticed looking at FS22 Screenshots on Twitter,
hmm maybe .....
Edit: maybe like a customization like Eu or US?
Yep.
And the tillage tool makes sense being Euro marked as many implements don’t have them taken off for NA.

Or I’m just being overly hopeful GIANTS paid attention to these details. :LOL:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

The 7R in FS19 didn't have warning signs unless you put duals on it
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmercaseih wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm The 7R in FS19 didn't have warning signs unless you put duals on it
The Fendt is probably Euro spec like that but we can always hope.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Farmercaseih wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 pm The 7R in FS19 didn't have warning signs unless you put duals on it
"doesn't"

FS19 is not in the past yet :wink3: :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 pm
"doesn't"

FS19 is not in the past yet :wink3: :lol:
For some people it is lol
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I guess if we really want to get into the semantics weeds it will always be doesn’t unless GIANTS changes the 7R in 19 in which case it would become Didn’t.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

michaelr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 pm I am very intrigued by this particular screenshot:

Can you see why? :hmm:

Look closely at the field…
https://mobile.twitter.com/farmingsim/s ... 7086244865

Looks like you're right, I think it's some kind of skip every other row functionality.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:45 am
michaelr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 pm I am very intrigued by this particular screenshot:

Can you see why? :hmm:

Look closely at the field…
https://mobile.twitter.com/farmingsim/s ... 7086244865

Looks like you're right, I think it's some kind of skip every other row functionality.
a. I’m pretty sure the screenshot/Twitter is FS19
b. Pretty sure it’s just to go with the quote.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I'm pretty sure you are right.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

My thoughts on FS 22 is as follows: I will not be fooled by new crops or integrated seasons support, nor will I be fooled by new brands.

I have been playing this the FS series since FS11 came out and while most things have improved, it's still not there, it seems like the more time goes by, the less attention the customers get from Giants. I remember the issue with the farmer not casting shadows when in a vehicle was presented to Giants before FS19 launched, whereas a Giants employee replied with "it's just how the game renders shadows".. as if they used a third party engine they couldn't do anything with, this is one of the small things that imo adds to an attitude towards the community that we should be grateful for the game no matter what, our wishes and conserns are not important, and that is a risky way of doing business.

The things that will sell the game to me is a major physics overhaul of bales, commodities and vehicles.
An overhaul of the traffic system.. in FS11 you would move the cars when bumping into them, after patch nr.2 for FS13 this was gone, it was actually reported as a bug by many players but as far as I know there was no response from Giants..and we still have invinsible traffic driving at 28 km/h ready to throw your little Ferguson into the woods if you get in their way.

Visible damage for machines and implements by accidents or careless use is also one thing that needs to be implemented for me to buy it.

I do have a good impression of the production features, so no need to go into that, but if FS22 doesn't present anything NEW and fresh, then there is no need to buy it, as FS19 have mods for just about anything.
I have bought every single game since FS11, but this time I say stop, unless the game presents features that are not already available as mods for FS19.
squerble

Post by squerble »

Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:25 pm Visible damage for machines and implements by accidents or careless use is also one thing that needs to be implemented for me to buy it.
Just to jump in on this, it's very likely Giants have no say on this matter. The manufacturers who license use of their vehicles often have strict terms of use - this is also the case for games like Euro/American Truck Simulator where physical damage is strictly forbidden by the manufacturers, so instead there is the hidden "wear" system.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Also known as why we probably will never see machines wear out. Every manufacturer will want theirs to last the longest.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My take from what has been announced.

Pre-order DLC
- It's nice if you do a lot of manure, I don't, so meh

New equipment
- Good, but then again it ultimately boils down to different paint for basically the same in game unit.
- They need to fix the sound effects
- They need no-till planters and the planter feed rates need to be correct.

New crops
- grapes looks like another version of potatoes or sugar beets, small equipment
- olives, tbd
- sorghum, reskinned wheat or grass

Production chains
- without autodrive/courseplay production chains turn the game into ATS. I'll wait and see

Seasons
- sure why not, but not enough to get me to pre-order it

My buy/no buy line is at GPS. If GPS is in the base game, I'll probably pre-order. If GPS is not in the base game, I'll wait until the platinum edition. There is no excuse for why a nearly 20+ year old technology that is can be retrofitted to all tractors and ships from the factory on new models is not in the base game.