Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

theSeb

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:27 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Your English is perfectly fine and thank you for answering. I was just curious what people are actually hoping for when they mention game play changes. Personally I would like to see the physics and the feel of driving to be overhauled, so that it feels like you are operating a large machine. Games like ETS2 and that other farming game get this right. I like to see the cultivation of land aspect to be reworked, so that different levels of cultivation are required, as in the real world.

Unfortunately I am also about 99% sure that this will never happen in the base game.
I also said new features is what will sell the game to me. I agree with the cultivation 100% I don’t want to run a plow then plant immediately after, I want a ground compaction after so many harvests so I have a reason to run a rippe. It would also be nice to have different ways to go about tasks like using a disk to eliminate trash in a field rather than just a needs plowing state. And likewise I don’t want to be able to harrow corn stalks. Animals could also use a revamp. It would be nice to be able to grind feed and have different ways to get animals to full productivity. Also on this same note it would be nice to have the sell points that produce by-products you could feed to animals like pulp and tailings from beets, wet cake from an ethanol plant ect. I could easily rattle off a page but I will quit now and anxiously await the announcement of more features and hope some things I want are added or even stuff I never thought of.
Each FS update seems to have one big new feature and one big new brand. We have run out of big brands, except for Kubota (proper... not sub companies that it owns). But, no disrespect to Kubota, I don't believe that they have the fan base and the "pulling power" that established tractor brands have. A new feature that has been announced is "seasonal gameplay". I would speculate that we can expect some more headline features, because they can't do the hype train thing like they did for the JD reveal.. I am not sure what they will be, but it will probably be something that is considered "safe" and "simple" for the players, because that's the direction this game has always gone. That basically means we can remove complex and realistic gameplay from the table. I am sure that potatoes will be treated like the red headed step child again. Perhaps some new crops? That may be a direction to replace the missing headline new brand.

If you want compaction, then you need FS17 and Seasons. One of the last updates had pretty good ground compaction. Unfortunately we were not able to port it to 19 for technical reasons.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Following on from TheSeb and cwattyeso ... everything and also...

1. Make a functional distinction between tine cultivators, discs and power harrows: otherwise why bother having them? The RL decisions are based on what you're trying to do, incorporation, fine tilth, surface break-up etc.

2. Combines to respond to crop density: you can't push even a Lexion through dense 12 t/ha wheat at full blast, not without chucking the grain over the back

3. More legume crops - peas, beans and so on for rotation, because planning crops years ahead gives the player agency to affect the outcomes

4. Sort out the silos so that the capacity is governed by the physical size, not per-crop (fruit) type - player agency to plan and manage capacity

5. Meat farming - as in Seasons 19. The base game pigs always were meat animals but Seasons 19 added cattle, and chickens as well.

6. Provide services: Here in East Anglia no one drives a trailer of barley to the grain merchants; a lorry (or lorries) are sent out from the grain merchant. Diesel is delivered, no one drives a MF7700 to the petrol station. Machinery is delivered and collected by low-loader: none of these are farming operations per se.

7. Graze the grass fields - move the milk herd out onto grass in the spring, following the hay or silage cut.

... I'll stop before I get carried away, but TheSeb did say "unlimited budget" :D
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Meat farming will be controversial.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

eric21 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm Meat farming will be controversial.
Pigs were meat farming.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I'm on about slaughter houses and lots of kids play this game, you know what happened last time
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I'm on about slaughter houses and lots of kids play this game, you know what happened last time
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Im not dissapointed with showned at all beacuse i expected only minor improvements and maybe seasons which came to be it seems. Anyway giants improves the game every 2 this time 3 years at bare minimum it is like this for 10 years and it will be forever until a true competitor to farming sim arises and that might never be. They dont strive for quality and exellence it is very simple. Anyway that ss with massey direct seeding the wheat stubble is hurting my eyes. If i had alot of money i would pay giants entire staff to go on the fields when somene is no till seeding and i would tell them get in your heads that effing direct drill does not remove stubble for crying out loud. There is still almost all of the crop residue intact beacuse direct drills dont disturb the soil is it so hard to replicate that in game???????? Im tired of opening gimp and making my own textures each time a new fs comes out
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

If their focus is on realistic sounds, terrain and default maps I believe they are on right track. Also weather issues are huge in farming, I hope they add realism there also if possible. In cab view I hope they add hands of the driver.... that empty cockpit just looks stupid.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
Oh, but haven't we got good at criticizing the game :lol:

I 100% agree with this, all jokes aside. More is to come, and I think what we can take away from this is that Giants is improving the game from the looks of these pictures. Time will tell in the end how much good or bad will come of FS22.

Also watched this last night, I think it's a great low-bias review of the blog post. Pointed out more things than I thought to look for

Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

well I agree this trailer doesn't give much of anything in the way of info.

my wish would be that the ingame seasons is an option and not mandetory. (sorry I'm a herritic I know but I can't work seasons and still have fun with the game ... luckily I play Single player ;) )
as for the rest of the game I'll reserve my thoughts but if the jump is a bit like FS 17 - 19 I might hold off on buying this one untill the first good sale :)
but really it's wait and see for now I'd say
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Guil

Post by Guil »

nkstyle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:34 pm
Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
Because giants did this before..

Lot of hype and after release are magic is gone.
I agree but this is the first game in a long time that Giants will be publishing themselves so we may see lots of nice changes
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just on place anywhere, the limits on placing buildings etc was for performance reasons. I asked shortly after release and a programmer told me they tested with no limit and it could crash a console so the limits had to be set
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

eric21 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 pm I'm on about slaughter houses and lots of kids play this game, you know what happened last time
I think I might remember, but then no farmers I know have their own slaughter houses, so that's not really part of a farming sim: load the piggies up into the animal waggon and send them off to market, that's as far as my involvement goes. And get the money, of course.

Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 pm Just on place anywhere, the limits on placing buildings etc was for performance reasons. I asked shortly after release and a programmer told me they tested with no limit and it could crash a console so the limits had to be set
There are mods on console that you can place next to each other. It's in the mods not in the game.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:12 pm
eric21 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 pm I'm on about slaughter houses and lots of kids play this game, you know what happened last time
I think I might remember, but then no farmers I know have their own slaughter houses, so that's not really part of a farming sim: load the piggies up into the animal waggon and send them off to market, that's as far as my involvement goes. And get the money, of course.
And we’re never explicitly told what happens. They go the same place with livestock pens that we bought them or they’re family from and then they magically vanish.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.