Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

eric21

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by eric21 »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:49 pm My thoughts?

Easy..sorry, being negative again...I lost all confidence in this "i don't listen to my customer" company.

Before launch :
Big marketing push to show CGI trailer and few update on the existing game
Big hype, big show off on forum / social media

After :
Incomplete game
2D ground textures
2D fillplane in trailer
Arcade Physic
Plastic looking tractor
Awful sky
Full of bug (normal for a new game, abnormal for an update like this one)
No support (won't fix)
Nobody watching topics from Giants
No care at all
DLC Announcment, without even fixing bugs
Few years later, back at top.

Modders will save the game AGAIN!

Seasons? Lol. I'm 100% sure they will add 4 seasons, and that's it. No cattle management, no geo, no effect on crops, etc...Giants style..

Please Giants, proove me i'm wrong. Because I was right since FS15...
These days tractors are becoming more plastic and less metal looking. Also there will be better animal management i think
Manfi

Post by Manfi »

Farming Simulator 22 vs Farming Simulator 19 - Graphics comparison

https://youtu.be/Wl-EIoNOMzE
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

Looks to me that the graphics are sligtly improwed from FS 19. I have little hopes that that the graphics have big improwments, I think this will be much the same with just more detailed textures. I believe and hope that they will put more effort in the gamplay and the feeling of the game. FS 19 is very limited in gamplay, and as most people mentions here that the modders saves the game for beeing boring. Looks from the screenshots in the teaser that the ground is still not 3D. This is too bad as I think this would improve the game a lot. Hope I`m wrong though :lol: Anyways I`m looking forward to this :smileynew:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hallers wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am Looks to me that the graphics are sligtly improwed from FS 19. I have little hopes that that the graphics have big improwments, I think this will be much the same with just more detailed textures. I believe and hope that they will put more effort in the gamplay and the feeling of the game. FS 19 is very limited in gamplay, and as most people mentions here that the modders saves the game for beeing boring. Looks from the screenshots in the teaser that the ground is still not 3D. This is too bad as I think this would improve the game a lot. Hope I`m wrong though :lol: Anyways I`m looking forward to this :smileynew:
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Its alright, didnt expect anything else tbh, not like alot others it seams :lol:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

FS22 looks exactly like FS19 with mods build in....like Seasons, Real dirt and licenseplates.

I am allready dissapointed...

Was hoping for better physics, Ai farmers working their fields with tractors and something like Courseplay added.

FS22 looks like it isn't gonna add much new stuff...which we allready had for years through mods in FS19.
Guil

Post by Guil »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 am So it's going to be for old and new gen consoles...I hope they update the slots for new gens as they should hold more slots in my opinion! I hope the new brands are big names because that will unlock alot for modders for sure.
Back to fs15, on ps3 and xbox there was something like 120 or 160 slots iirc. Ps4 and xbox one had no slot limit displayed as it was around 3000. This is the answer I I from developing when I asked. Unfortunately it's in a hidden part of the forum so I can't link it lol
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

GodfleshNL wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 am I am allready dissapointed...

Was hoping for better physics, Ai farmers working their fields with tractors and something like Courseplay added.

FS22 looks like it isn't gonna add much new stuff...which we allready had for years through mods in FS19.
You really think they revealed everything of the new game in that 19 second teaser, those 5 screenshots and small blog post? 🤨
Ignorance is bliss
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
Hallers wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 am Looks to me that the graphics are sligtly improwed from FS 19. I have little hopes that that the graphics have big improwments, I think this will be much the same with just more detailed textures. I believe and hope that they will put more effort in the gamplay and the feeling of the game. FS 19 is very limited in gamplay, and as most people mentions here that the modders saves the game for beeing boring. Looks from the screenshots in the teaser that the ground is still not 3D. This is too bad as I think this would improve the game a lot. Hope I`m wrong though :lol: Anyways I`m looking forward to this :smileynew:
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
A good question :hmm: I see that I was quite unclear. It`s basicly a continuing of the changes we got with seasons. The animal setup was changed from a basic setup with one type of every animal and they prodused the same almost anyway. Seasons changed this to different breeds and health scale etc. Also in the arable farming this was changed with withering crops etc. Season changed the game for me with theese changes. With unlimited budget I would kept going on this path. Muddy vs dry fields is something that haven`t been in the game, I personally think this would lift the gaming experience a lot. A short answer to a big Question :gamer: but hope it was understandable. Sorry for bad english *thumbsup*
eric21

Post by eric21 »

GodfleshNL wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 am FS22 looks exactly like FS19 with mods build in....like Seasons, Real dirt and licenseplates.

I am allready dissapointed...

You've only seen a few screenshots which are not finished. I dont think we will see ai workers on other fields, thatsalot of coding, however workers are being improved so let's see
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

Guil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am It's funny reading all the comments stating it doesn't have x, y or z. A tiny, tiny teaser has been released. Everyone is writing off the game before we have 1% of the features yet
Because giants did this before..

Lot of hype and after release are magic is gone.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think people are also over hyping this, in previous editions, this announcement has been coming for a while, as a new game was going tocdome out but when.

To keep the hype id rather not watch any videos or read any dev blogs to keep the hype.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think people are also over hyping this, in previous editions, this announcement has been coming for a while, as a new game was going tocdome out but when.

To keep the hype id rather not watch any videos or read any dev blogs to keep the hype.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:08 pm I think the graphics look better than 19, however I feel that it still carries the washed out look on 19.
Personally i think quite an opposite, it carries over bright and vibrant look of the FS19, world looks so vibrant
that can be called almost cartoonish.

Washed out would be like that:
Original:
My preference would be something like that: