Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

iwan073

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by iwan073 »

greenbelt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:24 am I agree with Chedly_farms and GothicKing13 in that I will wait for the mods before I buy a new version of this game and the most important thing is natural graphics. We are sitting inside at our machines and we need to feel like we are outside. Real rainy days with no shadows, real cloudy days with no shadows, dust clouds behind the vehicles, windy days with swaying trees and blowing leaves, lightening and thunder even!! Personally a tractor is a tractor is a tractor, I couldn't care less as long as I can pull the plow, cultivator, seeder, etc.
I put a fan next to my couch, just in case I’m in a modded tractor that allows me to open the windows
Ignorance is bliss
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

"a tractor is a tractor is a tractor"

That's fighting talk right there, next thing you'll be saying is it doesn't matter what colour that tractor is either! :lol:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Ritchie wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:54 pm "a tractor is a tractor is a tractor"

That's fighting talk right there, next thing you'll be saying is it doesn't matter what colour that tractor is either! :lol:
Our 2025R is a 8225R.
:lol:
Yes I took that literally
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Some stuff they’re sharing on Twitter looks pretty good, the Xbox article mentions creating pastures specifically which makes me want to learn more, also the side dump really hits the spot I love side dumps
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Some gameplay here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC2zxCCdxM

Its a very marginally nicer looking version of FS19. Its got the same neon bright colour issues. Those Autumn trees are glowing yellow. It wasn't a nice art style for FS19 and its still not now. I'm open to being convinced about it though. Maybe modders will be able to do something with it.

My overall hype level is still very low.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Lots of yellow trees. Where are the red ones at?!
Ignorance is bliss
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

I enjoyed day one of FarmCon 21. I watched the entire stream and I’m glad they went with this style of presentation. It looked very professional and captivating, much better than streams in the past years.

If you haven’t already, definitely give it a watch:
The new US map, Elmcreek, is looking to be the best map Giants have yet shipped with the game. The irregular shape of fields makes a huge difference to the entire feel of the map.

I’m eager to know more about this:

This also looks interesting:

Looking forward to the stream today *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^^ 48:10 Adjust the field shape so the workers are a good help to you.
This shouldn't be required after so many versions and claims of improved AI. Maybe something was lost in translation.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Open AI worker menu looks very interesting.
Guess there’s more to it than just ON and OFF 😃
Ignorance is bliss
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Just watched their video presentation of Elmcreek, and just have to say it looks awesome!
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Agreed. This is the first time I've looked forward to a Giants map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Man. I love this series, but I am so disappointed by the 3 day season thing. We've been so blessed by Realismus's version of seasons, this looks like a very watered down version(as expected)

When I play I like to play 6 day seasons with 5x time, only changing the timescale at night when I sleep. I don't want to have to fiddle with the time scale all the time, takes alot of the "realism" out for me.

I understand all the extra work that goes into making things adjust for 6, 9, 12, etc. day seasons, but if a modding team can do it for free for a game they have little to no monetary benefit from, you'd think the title company that stands to make literally boatloads of money, could put the same amount of time in to make it work.

Man. Feelsbadman. I'm so bummed.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:14 pm Man. I love this series, but I am so disappointed by the 3 day season thing. We've been so blessed by Realismus's version of seasons, this looks like a very watered down version(as expected)

When I play I like to play 6 day seasons with 5x time, only changing the timescale at night when I sleep. I don't want to have to fiddle with the time scale all the time, takes alot of the "realism" out for me.

I understand all the extra work that goes into making things adjust for 6, 9, 12, etc. day seasons, but if a modding team can do it for free for a game they have little to no monetary benefit from, you'd think the title company that stands to make literally boatloads of money, could put the same amount of time in to make it work.

Man. Feelsbadman. I'm so bummed.
I am hoping that this was a misunderstanding ... three day seasons seems like a terrible idea: I've just started using 12 day seasons on FS19.

And I hope that barley isn't just a winter crop, spring barley is a staple for me.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Laur1112

Post by Laur1112 »

Liking the look of the graphics and effects and the stuff about workers and the fact there maybe gears so far but not very happy about seasons when i use it i use 9 day seasons and when i don’t want it on for certain maps i like the fact you can turn it right off i really feel that although you can turn elements of it off and adjust the amount of time you play over is adjustable I kind of really would not like to see any season information for planting etc if i don’t want it on i know you can make it so you can plant crops outside of the season info by changing a setting but i don’t want to see any of the season stuff if i don’t want to use season i hope that if you make it so as you can plant crops outside of the season it means that you don’t see the season map for timescale of planting crops as it kind of puts me off a bit and the fact that 1 day in game is a month is not great i like to be able to adjust my seasons if needed and have it right off if i want to. I’m hoping that they will announce more to the game that will entice me more as at the minute i don’t know if I’m going to pre order or just wait and see for more gameplay videos and stuff to come up after release
eve333

Post by eve333 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:19 am Lots of yellow trees. Where are the red ones at?!
Indeed the autumn scenes look very unnatural, all trees looking the same...

The fact that you can not change the amount of days a season lasts disappointed me, but i'm sure it won't take long before a solution to that wil come.

So overall i'm quite happy with what is coming.