Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

DEERE317

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by DEERE317 »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:54 pm
Farmer_Blue wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 pm I'm actually finding it hysterically funny...
We must have a different kind of humor, because I find it pretty sad 😄
I find it to be both.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

It's funny to see people overreacting about such few glimpses at a game which is 6-7 months from release. But it's also sad to see that so many people have lost faith in the game. I know some of us here at the forums, including myself, have had some moments where we're just wondering what Giants was doing, but in the end, it's a great game and I think most of us can stand by it. And look what sort of community has come of the game
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:54 pm
Farmer_Blue wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 pm I'm actually finding it hysterically funny...
We must have a different kind of humor, because I find it pretty sad 😄
I've gone with funny because they must be having a joke. Right? If not, then, that is sad! :lol:
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

nkstyle wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 pm In the article is says they're using giants engine 9....is that a new engine or is it the same one from fs19?
New version of the same engine
I used Unity 2018.x.xxxx and 2019.x.xxxx the differences are huge. Now fast forward to Unity 2021... The point is it's the same engine but different versions and that can be total leaps forward in terms of capability.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

My take on the hype-train is a simple “meh”. The CGI trailer means nothing and only shows us that there is now autumn and winter in the game. As far as the screenshots go, they are -to me, a let down. I don’t see any improvement as far as graphics go, if anything it’s even more cartoonish than before. That grass is practically looking like a old school rave glow-stick, I wonder if it glows in the dark...😜

My hope is that they make it up in game functions, because the graphics shown so far is very un-impressive. I think their take on seasons will be very dumbed down compared to what we have now, maybe just a graphics thing only. Where the best parts of seasons are the extra realism in most aspects, I fear these will not be carried over.

I think we might see slightly improved physics in vehicles with a gearshift in sound only, perhaps some ic like functions like opening doors
Slightly improved/realistic mass in things like bales or goods
Some more options in animal care and feeding options. Like a dumbed down maize plus
The speculation that Canada might be featured seems likely, possibly with versatile brand as someone mentioned

It’s very early days and hopefully there is lots of things to look forward to. I’m hopeful at least, time will tell 😊
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Guil wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm I'd imagine all tracks will be 3D but time will tell
Based on how the hoses were handled in the transition from 17 to 19 I would not bet on this. All of the new to FS19 equipment and all tractors got the hoses. The 17 equipment that was ported over to 19 never got hoses / electrical cables. This leads me to believe that all of the existing vehicles with tracks that get ported to 22 probably will not get the new tracks. I am happy to be proven wrong, but my expectations of how existing equipment will be treated are pretty low.

Edit: bet, not be
Last edited by theSeb on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:46 pm Following on from TheSeb and cwattyeso ... everything and also...

1. Make a functional distinction between tine cultivators, discs and power harrows: otherwise why bother having them? The RL decisions are based on what you're trying to do, incorporation, fine tilth, surface break-up etc.

2. Combines to respond to crop density: you can't push even a Lexion through dense 12 t/ha wheat at full blast, not without chucking the grain over the back

3. More legume crops - peas, beans and so on for rotation, because planning crops years ahead gives the player agency to affect the outcomes

4. Sort out the silos so that the capacity is governed by the physical size, not per-crop (fruit) type - player agency to plan and manage capacity

5. Meat farming - as in Seasons 19. The base game pigs always were meat animals but Seasons 19 added cattle, and chickens as well.

6. Provide services: Here in East Anglia no one drives a trailer of barley to the grain merchants; a lorry (or lorries) are sent out from the grain merchant. Diesel is delivered, no one drives a MF7700 to the petrol station. Machinery is delivered and collected by low-loader: none of these are farming operations per se.

7. Graze the grass fields - move the milk herd out onto grass in the spring, following the hay or silage cut.

... I'll stop before I get carried away, but TheSeb did say "unlimited budget" :D
1. Unlikely to happen any time soon, considering that this game is aimed to provide 8 year olds a fun experience of driving a tractor, or a combine across fields. The faster, the better.

2. Unfortunately related to point 1

3. I have a suspicion that we will start to see more crops in 22 and in the future games, now that we have run out of headline brands to keep adding in every release to put on the cover

6. Also I have never gone to my dealer to pickup a new plough, or a sprayer. It gets delivered to me. I actually set up CP courses to "deliver" consumables (diesel, fertiliser etc) and equipment to the farm when I play, for that extra touch of realism.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I think that everyone needs to pump the brakes on the hate train here. It's a very acceptable belief that Focus was having them pump out annual releases. That makes things rushed. Wait and see what giants can do now that they are self publishing and presumably not being rushed.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:23 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
I know you wasn't asking for my input but I felt like it was a good question that could be answered by anyone who's played the game the last few years. So here goes with my list of improvements:

1. Physics - Improve the Physics for interacting with objects in the game, picking up bales, pallets, logs etc and moving them around needs to be much better and result in far less flipped and flying equipment. Maybe this means adding a bunch of 'Autoload' mechanics to different equipment to handle different objects better. Let's have log grapples that can pick up more then one log at a time. Also the interaction with objects via hand, we need better ways to pick up and move some smaller items that again don't often times cause the player to be launched into space by the object they are carrying, or have the object for whatever unknown reason suddenly decide to fly off in a random direction and have the player have to go and retrieve it.

2. Incorporate some of the most commonly used and requested mods into the base game. We have this new Seasonal Cycle being implemented by Giants for FS22 (Though I do hope it can be turned off and you can play without it.) Could we also please have mods like Place Anywhere, Guidance Steering, Global Company, Follow Me etc also incorporated and included in the game from the start. Certainly GPS should be a part of Farming Simulator 22 as it's so heavily used by real life farmers these days to the point they barely and rarely do any task without it. Also they put all the screen and receivers on their models in the game, so why not make them actually functional.

3. Improved Worker AI - Let's give the worker's an intelligence boost so they can complete field tasks regardless of the size and shape of the field without any interaction from the player after being employed. Let's have them not randomly jump to over fields mid task and mess up. Let's also have them provide some additional useful functions to the player like being able to have a worker employed to drive a vehicle and tractor to unload a player driving a harvester vehicle. Let's have the AI able to be assigned to take crops from silos and sell them at the sellpoint a player indicates.

I've cut the original down, because I have no comments on those points and the post was quite long.

1. Those who ever stacked bales, or move pallets around in real life will attest that doing it is much easier in real life. The lack of friction and bad collisions are two of the key things that need to be improved, in my opinion. We have received updates / changes to handling physics in every game, so I am sure we will get more, but it's never good enough. Some times I do wonder whether they should just abandon the idea of physics and add an autoloading / autostacking feature in the game. There are some bale forks that automatically autoload two or three bales onto the fork, for example. Same thing goes for pallets automatically jumping into the right place on pallet forks. I assume that is what you also meant by autoloading. If you cannot get the physics to work properly, then it's perfectly fine to "gameify" some game mechanics I think

2. This has happened in the past and I am sure that it will happen in the future too. I am not sure that all of the ones you listed would ever be added to the game though. Follow me seems super unlikely unfortunately. The lack of some kind of a guidance steering system is a continuous and perplexing frustration, but shows that the direction Giants are taking this game is not the direction that many people on this forum wish for. But the voices on this forum are a drop in the ocean compared to the overall player base. There is also an element of confirmation bias. The feedback about something "is too complex", even if it's a minority, is the one that gets heard at Giants. This is probably why we cannot have nice things.

3. The lack of decent AI helpers in a game that requires multiple machinery to perform tasks effectively is always a massive pain point. I don't know what these improved AI changes mentioned in the announcement will bring. I doubt we will ever see even missing functionality like being able to tell an AI worker whether to go up or down, or in circles, since that would be deemed as too difficult for the audience.

The focus, energy and development time put in farming league should give everyone a clue where the game is heading.
Last edited by theSeb on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@TheSeb (to save massive quote)

I think the issue with the physics is the lack of elasticity; none of the energy in a collision is absorbed by the bodies colliding.

edit: On re-reading, that might be what you meant by "bad collisions"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

theSeb wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:00 am
Guil wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm I'd imagine all tracks will be 3D but time will tell
Based on how the hoses were handled in the transition from 17 to 19 I would not be on this. All of the new to FS19 equipment and all tractors got the hoses. The 17 equipment that was ported over to 19 never got hoses / electrical cables. This leads me to believe that all of the existing vehicles with tracks that get ported to 22 probably will not get the new tracks. I am happy to be proven wrong, but my expectations of how existing equipment will be treated are pretty low.
I was thinking that too but they started to plan for the new game way back in February/March 2019. Fingers crossed we get all the bells and whistles and hopefully the suggestion I made for hazards on consoles gets added too. I was told it would haha
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I know I'll buy it, been doing so since FS 13. I'm REALLY interested in seeing how the improved AI pans out... that has been my biggest frustration from the start, especially when dealing with AI on modded maps.

I'm not a regular player anymore, it's no fault of Giants, just my shift in gaming preferences. I can understand the frustration, I've done the same in the past.

I think I've put the most hours in FS 19 compared to older versions... so I'll be interested in seeing how the new version comes together once I buy it.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am
How would you improve the game play, if you had a free hand and unlimited budget?
Make it PC only ... only then could you truly have a free hand in updating the game.

As to answering your full question - best person to answer that is Chris Roberts over at Star Citizen :lol:
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

My thoughts are if 22 doesn't incorporate much of what's available now in 19, mostly due to the modders, whats the point of starting over for a lesser product.

1. Maps. We all hated the base game maps in 19. Was awhile before some modded maps became available which were worth playing. I'm not giving up my favorite maps for no reason.
2. Older equipment. Many mods are older equipment that isn't as expensive to purchase. Or it may be sentimental to people. They aren't giving it up just because its a new game year.. I'm not either.
3. Precision farming. Its is the equivalent of seasons in my opinion. Not having it going forward would be a waste.

These are just of few of many reasons I am not going to just buy the next version if it doesn't have what I have now.
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

My opinions weren't based on just the trailer.

On the website there are points posted what is supposedly "new" in FS22, which we allready have for years thanks to all the modders.

GIANTS underestimate how many "older" people play this game with nostalgic feelings towards tractors and farming...its not just kids aged 13-16 etc.

Who cares about electric tractors? I want a tractor that roars and with black smoke comming from the exhaust!

I would like to see dents / scratches appearing on the tractors, better AI, OLDER TRACTORS from 80/90, better physics, OLDER EQUIPMENT, see other AI tractors work in their fields instead of seeing only my own on the entire map, twin wheels which you can add to a tractor by hand without going through a menu (like the attach equipment mod).