Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

blue_painted

Re: Farming Simulator 2022 Announcement - Fan Thoughts

Post by blue_painted »

I found AD very easy to use but the video tutorials are out of date. The most important bits ...

1. You can lay down/record a one way route by left-clicking the record button. If you want a bidrectional route, right-click the record button.
2. To join two nodes, left click the first node, move the mouse and the node turns green, then left click the second node.
3.To move a node, right-click and drag
4. To delete a node, hold ALT and then left-click
5. To add a node, CTRL and left click

I find it easier to use for transport than CP because once you've recorded routes for the roads and stop points it path finds from "here" to "there". For my purposes, the corncart is more useful in AD, as CP really wants to run both the combine and the corncart.

AD seems, in the version I have, to be a little more crude in the drving: you'll see the brake lights flicker on corners a lot as it seems to be constantly adjust the speed. There doesn't seem to be a distinction between road and field, so you do get your tractor bashing over ploughed field at 32mph!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:49 pm
AD seems, in the version I have, to be a little more crude in the drving: you'll see the brake lights flicker on corners a lot as it seems to be constantly adjust the speed. There doesn't seem to be a distinction between road and field, so you do get your tractor bashing over ploughed field at 32mph!
I was a bit worried about it going through the crop, does this normally happen when switching from AD to CP?
It's a shame that the tutorials are out of date, does it still have the selection box on the screen or do you have to remember all the key bindings now, if so I'll never be able to remember them all.
I still can't use the GPS mod. I can never remember how to set A and then B, and all the rest after that, the old GPS mod was a lot better for me.😩
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 pm
I was a bit worried about it going through the crop, does this normally happen when switching from AD to CP?
It's a shame that the tutorials are out of date, does it still have the selection box on the screen or do you have to remember all the key bindings now, if so I'll never be able to remember them all.
I still can't use the GPS mod. I can never remember how to set A and then B, and all the rest after that, the old GPS mod was a lot better for me.😩
If you lay the route down on roads and tracks the vehicles stick to the route pretty closely so it doesn't go through the crop. When doing corncart it does but doesn't damage it. You can run the whole of AD with the UI and a mouse, the only time you need keyboard is naming things.

I like the GPS mod, but I never set A and B, I always set A+bearing.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 pm
Hit alt + c to enable GPS. Then hit ctrl+S to set up working width etc. Click on the second tab. Click Set A. Exit and drive forward a bit in the direction you want. hit ctrl+S again and click Set B. Now it is set up. I cannot remember the actual key to switch guidance itself on because I have it mapped to something else. It could be ctrl + X or ctrl + Z.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

The man advantage with AD over CAp in road networks is the ability to edit your route both while creating it, and any time afterwards. You can add to it whenever you feel like it. I mainly just set it to record whenever I’m on a road I haven’t recorded before and join it to the rest of the network as fits. For fieldwork, I think CP is still king of the hill.
GPS is just a matter of getting used to. I generally line up as best I can, hit ALT-E 2 times to start recording then drive 20m or so, hit ALT-E again and the route is set.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Ah yes, that's the shortcut for setting A and B. I like to do it via the settings menu because it feels like i am doing it on a screen irl
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well, i guess my thoughts are hoping we can get the modders and giants, both parties on the same page, being that's been a bit rocky. Maybe we on consoles could get those "4x the size maps"? I hope i'm saying it the right way. Maybe our own "map creator", where we could get a template of sorts, and fill it up and make the map our own way. A lot of things to look forward too if at all possible.
farmermas

Post by farmermas »

Well, just wanted to add some feedback to the announcement.. Under the assumption that I want to buy fs22... Here are some of my most strong feelings when thinking about "the next one."

- Please add some form of interaction with NPC characters. Its been too long where the only thing available are zombies that walk around 24 hours a day. Maybe make them disappear at night. Add an interactive npc to the sale points and shop.. just some basic dialog will do, no epic storytelling required. If it was an option, I'm sure needing to go to an npc to collect your money with a few standard greetings would be appreciated by many.

- Please upgrade the driving mechanics to at least feel as good as ETS/ATS. Ie, make it a bit more realistic with snap back and engine break. I know there are mods for this now, but they're still not as good as the truck simulators. Realistic handling would be great.

- Please don't use modhub for delayed equipment, or at least make it in a few large bundles. This would make downloading and the mod loading screen so much more manageable.

- Please try and upgrade the graphics and sound. The level of detail upgrade for fs19 was great, but if we can't notice it, will feel like the same game again.

- I'm a casual, ie, don't play with seasons currently so that feature doesn't mean anything to me. Im still having lots of fun in easy mode. Just hard mode won't be enough to sell next years to me at least.

- Last, will there still be a physical retail copy going to self published? All the "self publishers" I've seen lately are digital only. The only problem with that is a nice retail edition makes me feel better about paying full price. Digital only I expect / require it to go on sale... especially after fs19, while I love it and wouldn't go back.. was basically 95% fs 17 with a few upgrades. If its going to be digital only, the amount if iteration needs to be much greater than fs17 to 19 anyway.

Good luck, looking forward to it.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:00 pm Ah yes, that's the shortcut for setting A and B. I like to do it via the settings menu because it feels like i am doing it on a screen irl
There are shortcuts??? :shock: Why am I only finding out about this now??? :confusednew:
I still wish it had a control panel pop-up though.
Hang on you said Settings Menu, How do I get the settings menu up? Is this a new feature???
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:22 pm
theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:00 pm Ah yes, that's the shortcut for setting A and B. I like to do it via the settings menu because it feels like i am doing it on a screen irl
There are shortcuts??? :shock: Why am I only finding out about this now??? :confusednew:
I still wish it had a control panel pop-up though.
Hang on you said Settings Menu, How do I get the settings menu up? Is this a new feature???
alt +c to switch GPS on (enable the actual GPS system - this does not make you drive in a straight line).

Ctrl + S to get to the GPS settings after you have switched it on.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

theSeb wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:45 pm
alt +c to switch GPS on (enable the actual GPS system - this does not make you drive in a straight line).

Ctrl + S to get to the GPS settings after you have switched it on.
Thanks, I'll load it up and give it another try.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

"- Please add some form of interaction with NPC characters. Its been too long where the only thing available are zombies that walk around 24 hours a day. Maybe make them disappear at night. Add an interactive npc to the sale points and shop.. just some basic dialog will do, no epic storytelling required. If it was an option, I'm sure needing to go to an npc to collect your money with a few standard greetings would be appreciated by many."
After reading this, all I can hear is Belethor from Skyrim offering to sell one of his relatives...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqlx_uxO_RA
Old fat guy with a day job...
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

I am very intrigued by this particular screenshot:

Can you see why? :hmm:

Look closely at the field…

No? Let me explain in a spoiler tag:

This field is being cultivated at precisely every second row. There is no way this is done by freehand driving :!:

That means either that:
  1. FS22 will have some form of Guidance Steering
    or
  2. Helpers are now smart enough to do every second row
I think Giants tend to use hired helpers for screenshots like this, so “b” is probably the most likely scenario here.

But this is still an important upgrade. If helpers can now do every second (and maybe 3rd, 4th..?) row, this will make it possible to hire two (or more) helpers following each other in the field.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Good catch michaelr. That would be neat if the helper could skip passes.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

At the very least it shows whoever at GIANTS made that picture actually has a clue as to RL cultivation processes. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU