Modifying a Mod

Balsafer

Modifying a Mod

Post by Balsafer »

Hi i'm currently having a issue with a mod I tried to modify. The problem is when I tried to join my server with the mod active it says I do not have it even though I uploaded the same mod to the server that is in the mod folder on my pc. The mod I'm trying to change is the Subsidy mod I do not want 90-100k a hour but rather 2-5k an hour.

I used C++ Note pad to change the values of the subsidy.xml file in the mod zip and put it back into the zip folder.
DirectCedar

Re: Modifying a Mod

Post by DirectCedar »

Balsafer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm Hi i'm currently having a issue with a mod I tried to modify. The problem is when I tried to join my server with the mod active it says I do not have it even though I uploaded the same mod to the server that is in the mod folder on my pc. The mod I'm trying to change is the Subsidy mod I do not want 90-100k a hour but rather 2-5k an hour.

I used C++ Note pad to change the values of the subsidy.xml file in the mod zip and put it back into the zip folder.
Does it work the way you expect, in single player?
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

DirectCedar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:50 pm
Balsafer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm Hi i'm currently having a issue with a mod I tried to modify. The problem is when I tried to join my server with the mod active it says I do not have it even though I uploaded the same mod to the server that is in the mod folder on my pc. The mod I'm trying to change is the Subsidy mod I do not want 90-100k a hour but rather 2-5k an hour.

Does it work the way you expect, in single player?
Haven't tried in single player yet
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Did you reupload it to the server after you modified it?
Playing on PC and PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

If the modified mod is on the server, delete your local one and download load from the server
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

Mod works as intended on single player. I did re upload it to server after it was modified. I literally uploaded the mod directly from the mod folder on my pc. But I decided to download the mod off the server and put that mod in my local folder and it works. So apparently uploading it doesnt work. My next question is how do I have other people download that version off my server?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Balsafer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:05 pm Mod works as intended on single player. I did re upload it to server after it was modified. I literally uploaded the mod directly from the mod folder on my pc. But I decided to download the mod off the server and put that mod in my local folder and it works. So apparently uploading it doesnt work. My next question is how do I have other people download that version off my server?
I've experienced similar with the occasional mod in 17. Sometimes we had to email the mod back and forth three times (with absolutely no changes to it at all) before it would finally match and work in multiplayer. It's as if one byte somewhere occasionally gets switched arbitrarily depending which way the file went through an email server. I never could figure a pattern to it and had to just resolve it by blunt force *thumbsdown*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Balsafer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:05 pm Mod works as intended on single player. I did re upload it to server after it was modified. I literally uploaded the mod directly from the mod folder on my pc. But I decided to download the mod off the server and put that mod in my local folder and it works. So apparently uploading it doesnt work. My next question is how do I have other people download that version off my server?
You should have a download link somewhere in the gui that you can share. For some reason, the hash gets changed when uploading sometimes iirc. That then looks like a different mod
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

ok mod worked at first but Idk it reverted back to the default somehow, I think I will just remove it and not bother with it. Thanks all for the help.