FS22 - The little things that make a difference

Miketeg

Re: FS22 - The little things that make a difference

Post by Miketeg »

My biggest wish list :
1 - Possibility to move placeable after it has been placed.
2 - Undo function for landscapping or placeable
3 - Hours on tractor fits time in game, not real time
4 - Built in contractor mod with passenger possibility depending of number of seats
5 - When we do maintenance on equipment, make this equipment / tractor not usable for X amount of time depending of the "amount" of maintenance. Same for configuration change (adding / removing / changing wheels as example)
6 - More love for cattle...ie : real food consuption, more possibility, calves..++++.
7 - Remove all 2D textures in the game and replace them for 3D
8 - More things to do with crops (industry)
9 - Real seasons mod...with forzen lake, frozen ground/crop, hard start (cold start) etc.
10 - Ground reaction when it rain, snow etc. Dry, wet, snowy ground. Not talking about dynamic here, but at least, a bit of feeling...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I do agree with almost everything that has been said here, I do feel a little sorry for the folks at giants. They must be thinking ... We have not even released the game yet and they are already wanting bloody more! :frown:
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:41 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:06 pm It's too late to be making suggestions, as has been pointed out by others. Release date in the fall, which means they are finishing off whatever they have planned, polishing, gameplay balancing etc.

They are unlikely to be reading the forums and going, "oh yeah, that's brilliant! Let's add that and then we celebrate with the customary drinking of lager!".

All of these are lists are just wish lists and a sure way for people to overhype themselves and end up disappointed.
Why not bigger changes? There is another 6-7 months. Not less.
No one remotely sane would be making large scale changes this close to release. As a complete guess I'd say 80% of the devs' time is being spent making sure that the things that are supposed to work do work, and that any changes to make them work don't stop something else from working.

As a general point, I made this about little things not because they are largely the sort of thing that could be implemented by adding one more value to a setting or similar ... and I really don't expect GIANTS to take any notice of this thread; they'll have their own hitlist of things to get done.
Does it take 6-7 months just for these?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

faruk9154 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:28 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Why not bigger changes? There is another 6-7 months. Not less.
No one remotely sane would be making large scale changes this close to release. As a complete guess I'd say 80% of the devs' time is being spent making sure that the things that are supposed to work do work, and that any changes to make them work don't stop something else from working.

As a general point, I made this about little things not because they are largely the sort of thing that could be implemented by adding one more value to a setting or similar ... and I really don't expect GIANTS to take any notice of this thread; they'll have their own hitlist of things to get done.
Does it take 6-7 months just for these?
For the little things, maybe not but as I said, they will have their own list of things to do.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

What I would have liked is the opportunity to load Mods into the game, whilst still playing the game, as a sort of magazine as if you were ordering something online, then the next time you play the game it would be waiting for you in the equipment store. That way you could keep the mod folder to a minimum of loaded mods and only load them in as and when needed. The delivery mod would be useful for this too.
Last edited by j_maybury on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Why as the word b r o c h u r e come out as hu**?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Lol, that's because it's German slang for a prostitute
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

In English, it means a magazine for deciding on what type of vehicle you want to buy or what sort of holiday you want to choose.
I better change it to a magazine then! unless that is slang for something equally as bad?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Wow, is it really? Now... that's a catalog I'd rather stay away from, thank you. Though, I wouldn't mind being able to "order" equipment "FARM EQUIPMENT". :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:56 pm My biggest wish list :
1 - Possibility to move placeable after it has been placed.
2 - Undo function for landscapping or placeable
3 - Hours on tractor fits time in game, not real time
4 - Built in contractor mod with passenger possibility depending of number of seats
5 - When we do maintenance on equipment, make this equipment / tractor not usable for X amount of time depending of the "amount" of maintenance. Same for configuration change (adding / removing / changing wheels as example)
6 - More love for cattle...ie : real food consuption, more possibility, calves..++++.
7 - Remove all 2D textures in the game and replace them for 3D
8 - More things to do with crops (industry)
9 - Real seasons mod...with forzen lake, frozen ground/crop, hard start (cold start) etc.
10 - Ground reaction when it rain, snow etc. Dry, wet, snowy ground. Not talking about dynamic here, but at least, a bit of feeling...

+1 *thumbsup*
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

One thing that would be great is to have the forks work better. Nothing more frustrating than when a darn pallet won;t come of!
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Yeah, better physics overall would be great.

One thing that I always had on my wishlist is the ability to assign a field as a pasture, something like this:
You use equipment and materials to fence off any field after you planted some grass in it, then you place a gate and something for water, and maybe shelter if needed, and voilà.. that's now you new pasture.
I know we have some open pasture mods to simulate this, but it would be neat to have it more implemented in the game