FS22 Seasons

TheSuBBie

Re: FS22 Seasons

Post by TheSuBBie »

Hmmm... now that I think about grass, it actually is doable without the overhead of swapping textures like trees do. Grass grows up to state 4. One could add a 5th state to grass with a brown and short looking texture that is only changed to based on winter or temperature. Very interesting indeed, but would be better implemented in the base game than via a mod.
Surely an easier method would be by utilising the grassFlowers_color.png then you could have different shades for each season
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

So the short summary:
GIANTS is a terrible company that should apologize for existing and taking well liked user ideas and implementing them to some extent.
Yes that’s mostly sarcasm.
And thanks Realismus for this awesome mod.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 pm I really hope they (Giants) will bring Seasons to the next level. It is a pretty good mod, but still need few tweek to be more realistic.
Actually, I think GIANTS will bring us a very dumbed down version, compared to Realismus’ Seasons.

So if they want, Realismus could still bring the mod to FS22 to give us that extra level of realism.
Ignorance is bliss
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:28 pm Image

What does this imply then? (taken from the bottom of the ModHub web page
As I read it, it is a special licensing agreement that is not much more than putting the no stealing others work rule in writing so as to make it enforceable.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

TheSuBBie wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:37 pm
Hmmm... now that I think about grass, it actually is doable without the overhead of swapping textures like trees do. Grass grows up to state 4. One could add a 5th state to grass with a brown and short looking texture that is only changed to based on winter or temperature. Very interesting indeed, but would be better implemented in the base game than via a mod.
Surely an easier method would be by utilising the grassFlowers_color.png then you could have different shades for each season
Nah. Can't do that with growing crop textures from a script.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Ah right , I was under the impression that as the fruitGrowthFoliage Shader used the grassFlowers_colors.png it would be possible to do it that way.
ReddogSoW

Post by ReddogSoW »

I've no doubt that Giants are adding seasons (small s) which will bring seasonality and some pretty landscapes. Whether they bring Seasons (big S) with the changes that brings to gameplay is entirely a different question. Seasons the mod isn't just restricted to the weather and temperature cycle either, but involves seasonal pricing, changes to husbandry and other stuff. From 4 pictures none of us can tell what they'll be delivering, not that speculating isn't fun. :D
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

No doubt Giants will make a pigs ear out of it, by trying to get it to work for everyone and end up pleasing no one.
The same old story every time.
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

For ppl to complain about giants so much how’s this go play another farming game simple as that then when you realize you have made a mistake bc there games have even more issues or no brands then you can come back and apologize
Playing on PS5 and PC
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

ReddogSoW wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 pm I've no doubt that Giants are adding seasons (small s) which will bring seasonality and some pretty landscapes. Whether they bring Seasons (big S) with the changes that brings to gameplay is entirely a different question. Seasons the mod isn't just restricted to the weather and temperature cycle either, but involves seasonal pricing, changes to husbandry and other stuff. From 4 pictures none of us can tell what they'll be delivering, not that speculating isn't fun. :D
They said in the podcast that it will have seasons and not Seasons the mod so there is no reason to expect any of the other great features included with Seasons
Playing on PC and PS4
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Hopefully the version of seasons that comes in the base game will be an easier starting point for the good people at Realismus Modding to make it great, and hopefully the game is good enough that they feel compelled to climb that mountain again.
PS4
5ka5

Post by 5ka5 »

Personally I would love to have some more gameplay elements for winter that give that season more of an own purpose.

I love the atmosphere and I love snow but I would hope for some actual gameplay improvements regarding snow plowing for example.
It would be cool if it would make more of a positive difference to clear roads. Right now it's a nice little feature but there isn any actual reason for snowplowing.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Maze313 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:41 pm For ppl to complain about giants so much how’s this go play another farming game simple as that then when you realize you have made a mistake bc there games have even more issues or no brands then you can come back and apologize
Ooh! look, A shill. 🙄
Deere317 had better look out, he has some serious competition.
Played a couple of games on a PS4 and thinks he knows it all. Typical...
Last edited by j_maybury on Sun May 02, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And that’s supposed to mean...? :hmm:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:27 am And that’s supposed to mean...? :hmm:
Means you always side with giants because there likely paying you to promote them or some other incentive to do so😂 Best to leave the little wannabe puppet master alone, or leave some sort of witty comment like, look a clown, posts on farming simulator forum and acts like he knows it all, typical