FS22 Seasons

Dairydeere

Re: FS22 Seasons

Post by Dairydeere »

theSeb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:16 pm
iwan073 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:39 pm LoL!! 🀣

Think Realismus stole it from Mother Nature.
I’ll give her a call some day
Exactly. But you will notice that we did not have months to ensure that we do not get sued by the Romans.
Oh my gosh I'm dying :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

theSeb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm
Miketeg wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 pm I really hope they (Giants) will bring Seasons to the next level. It is a pretty good mod, but still need few tweek to be more realistic.

RM did a very very good job considering they developped it on their time, for free! I'm totally unable to play FS without Seasons!

Having it implemented in the game now will help for mods / maps (mask, ground, vegetation), for sure.

I do hope they will take the time to work on it and not just put season cycle, without any change / restriction depending on weather / temp...
What tweaks would you like to see?
Cold start, snow on machinery / building, more realistic mask (actually it's just a square around a building), grass changing color (same as trees), frozen lake, smoke, real snow (not acting like chaff), etc...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Miketeg wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:06 pm
Miketeg wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 pm I really hope they (Giants) will bring Seasons to the next level. It is a pretty good mod, but still need few tweek to be more realistic.

RM did a very very good job considering they developped it on their time, for free! I'm totally unable to play FS without Seasons!

Having it implemented in the game now will help for mods / maps (mask, ground, vegetation), for sure.

I do hope they will take the time to work on it and not just put season cycle, without any change / restriction depending on weather / temp...
Cold start, snow on machinery / building, more realistic mask (actually it's just a square around a building), grass changing color (same as trees), frozen lake, smoke, real snow (not acting like chaff), etc...
We had a "trouble starting" mechanism tied into the maintenance system in Seasons17. It was removed in 19 for reasons. Frozen lakes / ponds can be done already in Seasons19. A few maps utilise these features.

What did you mean by "smoke" ?

Good suggestions otherwise, but not exactly easy to implement and, in some cases, simply impossible.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Forgive my ignorance, I've never submitted a mod, but in a round about way, doesn't Giants have the ultimate rights to every mod on modhub, considering it is their game?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

theSeb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:19 pm

We had a "trouble starting" mechanism tied into the maintenance system in Seasons17. It was removed in 19 for reasons. Frozen lakes / ponds can be done already in Seasons19. A few maps utilise these features.

Good suggestions otherwise, but not exactly easy to implement and, in some cases, simply impossible.
Yep I saw few frozen lake, unfortunatly, none of them where on map I liked.

In the cold, the smoke of industry / house. Also, from tractor, when started in cold temp, the smoke will be "white" then transfert to black (under load) / transparent (idle).

By the way, this is not a rant, I REALLY appreciate Seasons, but few of those tweak will have made it more realistic for people like me who like to play as realistic as possible.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Bryan83 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 pm Forgive my ignorance, I've never submitted a mod, but in a round about way, doesn't Giants have the ultimate rights to every mod on modhub, considering it is their game?
Yup, they do indeed, as was pointed out earlier.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

What does this imply then? (taken from the bottom of the ModHub web page
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Miketeg wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:25 pm
theSeb wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Yep I saw few frozen lake, unfortunatly, none of them where on map I liked.

In the cold, the smoke of industry / house. Also, from tractor, when started in cold temp, the smoke will be "white" then transfert to black (under load) / transparent (idle).

By the way, this is not a rant, I REALLY appreciate Seasons, but few of those tweak will have made it more realistic for people like me who like to play as realistic as possible.
I understand, don't worry. It's interesting to hear though what people think is important. For me, for example, the smoke thing is just not something that would ever bother me enough to want to spend the time on.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Dairydeere wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:28 pm Image

What does this imply then? (taken from the bottom of the ModHub web page
It simply states that they are not responsible for mods destroying people's computers, consoles, houses or marriages. Standard legalese stuff.

Also
7.1 If the Customer creates User Generated Content for the games, he retains the rights to the content that he has generated. The Customer grants GIANTS the right to use the User Generated Content created by the Customer.
Again, standard stuff.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hmmm... now that I think about grass, it actually is doable without the overhead of swapping textures like trees do. Grass grows up to state 4. One could add a 5th state to grass with a brown and short looking texture that is only changed to based on winter or temperature. Very interesting indeed, but would be better implemented in the base game than via a mod.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

My hope is that being built we will see some improvement, my fear is we will end up with Seasons " lite "
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

norfolk farmer wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:03 pm my fear is we will end up with Seasons " lite "
This, exactly! That's why options are so important. Given enough options, the game could be enjoyable for a 5 year old that wants to drive tractors all the way up to hard-core simulation players that want the possibility of failure.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

fenixguy wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:15 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:03 pm my fear is we will end up with Seasons " lite "
This, exactly! That's why options are so important. Given enough options, the game could be enjoyable for a 5 year old that wants to drive tractors all the way up to hard-core simulation players that want the possibility of failure.
I'm sure we will be chugging through the snow fertilizing our fields in no time
Farmer since birth. Simulated since β€˜15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

norfolk farmer wrote: ↑Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:03 pm My hope is that being built we will see some improvement, my fear is we will end up with Seasons " lite "
Agreed and knowing how Giants work on most of the features / details...your fear will probably be the truth.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So getting back on topic, I think the the poster should apologise