How do you start?

DEERE317

Re: How do you start?

Post by DEERE317 »

lawm wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 am
theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 am
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 pm It was added in Seasons version 1.3.0.0 - you can set the scale from 10% to 100%. If I am not mistaken, the damage scale effects the crops on how badly they react to droughts (may be wrong) and I believe the weeds... was done so you could say (set the scale to 100% and the field would be fully covered as in the base game, this way you can still hire a worker to do the weeding).
No matter what weed scale you use a field can eventually be fully covered in weeds, given enough time (could even be multiple years on the lowest weed scale setting because where the weed hits is randomly calculated). The setting changes how quickly this happens
Mr Seb, anyone have any idea why the small Massey baler on console bales disappear afterr midnight when using seasons ? Probably the sole reason I try not using seasons
Bales configured wrong.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

lawm wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 am
theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 am
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 pm It was added in Seasons version 1.3.0.0 - you can set the scale from 10% to 100%. If I am not mistaken, the damage scale effects the crops on how badly they react to droughts (may be wrong) and I believe the weeds... was done so you could say (set the scale to 100% and the field would be fully covered as in the base game, this way you can still hire a worker to do the weeding).
No matter what weed scale you use a field can eventually be fully covered in weeds, given enough time (could even be multiple years on the lowest weed scale setting because where the weed hits is randomly calculated). The setting changes how quickly this happens
Mr Seb, anyone have any idea why the small Massey baler on console bales disappear afterr midnight when using seasons ? Probably the sole reason I try not using seasons
I think it's the baler that's the problem, there was an issue a while back with a certain baler an bales disappearing, dont think it was ever fixed so maybe that could be the one you have.

This thread might be some help
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=176766
lawm

Post by lawm »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 pm

I think it's the baler that's the problem, there was an issue a while back with a certain baler an bales disappearing, dont think it was ever fixed so maybe that could be the one you have.

This thread might be some help
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=176766
Oh well....I will just use the Massey for the ease of collection and selling of bales I guess in seasons I suppose
tom1979

Post by tom1979 »

I normally start on New Farmer but sell all the start vehicles and machinery and then get what I need used.
Florish

Post by Florish »

i start a map, (new farmer) , sell all starting equipment and buy what i want to use. Than i start all engines from the vehicles and connect as many implements to them (and running) as possible. Than i save and leave my PS4 running for 30 hours (tv off) so the wear and tear shows and not all my equipment and vehicles are "new" anymore. (all vehicles and equipment run in the same area and i will sit in 1 vehicle so the engines wont go off)

As you may notice, my game time is limited and i don't want to play with a new looking 1455 or what ever but like everything to be "used" . (i always play with seasons by the way)
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
dogwalker1

Post by dogwalker1 »

I generally start small and make it a bit or work to grow. In FS19 that means "Start from Scratch" - which is not exactly start-from-nothing as you do get $500K to get you going. I use Seasons (9-day seasons) and Precision Farming (now), with weeds and crop damage set to 100%. Whatever I grow the operation into, I like to feel I have built that myself... I'm more of a maverick than a mogul type I guess.

This may vary depending on which map I'm playing - all the things that can vary from map to map like field prices etc. can make this approach just too much of a grind to be fun on some maps, but where it does work well (like in my current playthrough on Six Ashes) it is the most rewarding for me.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

First i check the home-house, if it is not ok I remove it and buy new house to a good place. And then it starts the big working. I accept all the work that is possible to get. I work by contract and make my own fields. it's a fast-paced time, but the goal gives strength. I don´t take debt, if it is possible.
i have one map that has been around since the beginning 2 years: Durango. The map is great and i have work there much. My farm is in the south map, I made fields from a large meadow, then i make own farm- way from south to up fields, though the forest of old manor. I have house and horses in the down farm near the sea, and cows chickens and pigs on the up farm. This map has allmost everything what i want. There is manor by the seaside and i can get swimming with my dog, Lucy.
About i give single farm so i will maintain it as long as it comes with some bug, then i go ahead. Now the Chellington has remained.
I´m waiting in mettle next large map what have these features. Possible to make own house, to seaside with swimming opportunity. Possibly to build own farm.
Su-Su :biggrin2: :gamer:
Playing at PC via Origin
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I like to set up a map more as a simulation game than a “game of winning”.
  • Based on the capacity of the animal pens I decide on the number of birth giving animals of each type to start out with. Typically, 12 sows, 40 Holsteins, 10 Limousines, 80 sheep.
  • Then I predict the amount of feed needed for the mature animals and offspring for the coming year.
  • Then I estimate how many hectares I need of each chosen feed crop.
  • Then I decide on what sell crop to have. I almost exclusively play on multifruit maps. Vegetable fruits pay a lot better than grain crop.
  • Then I scan the map for fields of fitting size that I can rent (I play with RealLifeNumbers).
  • Next, I detail out what type of field work is required for each field.
  • I decide what type of fertilizer each crop should have.
  • I add up hectares to be plowed, cultivated, fertilized and so on.
  • I investigate the break-even hectares for buying or leasing implements.
  • I sell all starting equipment and buy only the equipment I have enough work for. The rest I lease on a job-by-job basis.
  • Then I set up the farmyard, buying bales and feed and stacking it up in sheds.
  • If I feel a production facility or a building is missing on the farmyard, I set it up with cheat money.
  • On some maps I like to specialize, for example as a potato farmer. Then I add a potato storage, cooker, washer and sorter, several conveyer belts, and dedicated tractor, trailer, and telehandler, all with cheat money.
  • On some maps I put up placeable production mods outside the farmyard, e.g., a butter factory, and equip it with a milk truck.
  • When the map is set up the way I want, I start the game by buying the animals and feed them.
  • I also edit the animals so they start giving birth sooner.
  • Then I hire help and equipment to do the initial spreading of manure/slurry and lime.
  • From thereon I try to do most work with equipment in the 4 - 6 meter range.
  • I typically own the plow, cultivator, seeder, mower, forage wagon, tedder and rake, but lease potato planter and all harvesters.
  • I typically own an old yard tractor around 100 HP (like a small Ford or MF) and two field tractors in the 150 - 200 HP range, one of which is an older model.
  • Typically, I will have 50 - 100 hectares.
Besides Seasons, Precission Farming and MaizePlus, I use the mod RealLifeNumbers. It requires some effort before game start to edit the parameters to fit your desired setup. When that is done, you don't need to interact with the mod.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)