How do you start?

Paco_86

How do you start?

Post by Paco_86 »

Hello! Let's go with a "different" question. Tell us, how do you start a new game in a map? And, how many time do you stay playing in the same map?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Riven326

Re: How do you start?

Post by Riven326 »

I buy a truck, trailer, skid steer, and a chainsaw. Then I clear some land and build the farm. If there are a lot of trees, I'll lease an excavator and cut them down that way. I play until I get bored of the map.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Generally get a loader tractor, pickup, and then attempt to figure out the rest (I dislike starting new maps as I have to spend a full season buying and selling as I use stuff to get to my liking and everything needs plowed and limed)
And in 15 I’d have multiple saves on the same map doing different things but in 19 I don’t really do that.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've started with just a couple of battered tractors, no money and huge loans. I've started with not enough money and far too big a farm so that it was a real struggle to get everything done in 9-day Seasons. On another farm I spent days and days editing and changing the map until it's exactly as I wanted it, and then found that I was no longer interested. Most recently I built in a very large dairy herd, large for me and FS19 anyway, and tried to mechanise as much as possible. I've picked a Polish map, plonked down some placable buildings and made a farm, there is so much good Polish equipment.

That's what I like so much about the game is the number of different ways it can be played, but in general I'll set the game speed to zero and spend zero-time setting up my equipment and livestock, using Easy Development Controls to change the money as needed. I've made a little utility that sets up all the game play settings and the mods that I always have. Most of the time I'll have a duplicate of the saveGame ten slots higher, I'll keep that up to date so that I can experiment - especially if I'm going to use the in-game terrain editing and placables.

And that's just the start!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:21 pm I've started with just a couple of battered tractors, no money and huge loans. I've started with not enough money and far too big a farm so that it was a real struggle to get everything done in 9-day Seasons. On another farm I spent days and days editing and changing the map until it's exactly as I wanted it, and then found that I was no longer interested. Most recently I built in a very large dairy herd, large for me and FS19 anyway, and tried to mechanise as much as possible. I've picked a Polish map, plonked down some placable buildings and made a farm, there is so much good Polish equipment.

That's what I like so much about the game is the number of different ways it can be played, but in general I'll set the game speed to zero and spend zero-time setting up my equipment and livestock, using Easy Development Controls to change the money as needed. I've made a little utility that sets up all the game play settings and the mods that I always have. Most of the time I'll have a duplicate of the saveGame ten slots higher, I'll keep that up to date so that I can experiment - especially if I'm going to use the in-game terrain editing and placables.

These mods are for pc only
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I usually start by creating loads of different threads asking the same question, not long after I'm never seen here again. :confusednew:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Paco_86 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:41 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:21 pm I've started with just a couple of battered tractors, no money and huge loans. I've started with not enough money and far too big a farm so that it was a real struggle to get everything done in 9-day Seasons. On another farm I spent days and days editing and changing the map until it's exactly as I wanted it, and then found that I was no longer interested. Most recently I built in a very large dairy herd, large for me and FS19 anyway, and tried to mechanise as much as possible. I've picked a Polish map, plonked down some placable buildings and made a farm, there is so much good Polish equipment.

These mods are for pc only
I'm sorry, I hadn't realised that would be a problem.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:52 pm I usually start by creating loads of different threads asking the same question, not long after I'm never seen here again. :confusednew:
Ahahaha you're funny 🤣🤣🤣
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I usually start as "Farm Manager" and buy a low cost medium sized older series tractor mod that is lower priced. I drive around and examine what farm properties are best suited for my play. I then buy the minimum equipment and the most land I can get staying within the allocated funds. I try to work in contract jobs to boost the bank account a bit. What I really want to do is build my farm by staying out of any long term debt - like most of the season. If I have some expected harvest income coming in a couple days I will borrow enough to expand my property but always pay it back as quickly as possible.

This has worked for me LOF, Bucks County, Seneca County and UMRV where I am currently playing. That has been my approach and as another poster said that is one of the great things about the game as it can be played many different ways.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I use the paint brush tool to examine the map. It's so much faster than driving around.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I start with a old pickup (either the Rodeo or the F1000 now) and $5. Pretty much just coasting into town looking for work. Start doing contracts w/ provided equipment until I can afford a place to stay (small property and cheap house w/ sleep trigger) then continue the contracts until i can afford my own tractor and equipment, then start using my own equipment on the contracts. Get all the basic equipment to run my own farm and start saving for land, continue building from there.

No loans initially, then loans against farm land, not to exceed the value of the land.

No Hired Workers.

No D-Pad Vehicle Swapping (no mod, just don't do it, gotta remember to drive to the house before I quit, otherwise it can be a long walk)

Start From Scratch, Hard Economy, Plowing Required, Lime Required, 21 Day Seasons, 100% Crop Destruction Scale, 100% Weed Scale, Time Scale x5, -$100 Daily Farm Tax Sign

I want it to be a struggle, I wanna have to fight for every little bit earned. When I buy my first tractor I wanna feel like I've accomplished something. And I buy the equipment that I want and I'm gonna use, not the cheapest ones available.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Guil

Post by Guil »

There is no percentage scale for crop destruction or weeds. It's on or off and not sure if you can turn off weeds in seasons
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:04 pm I start with a old pickup (either the Rodeo or the F1000 now) and $5. Pretty much just coasting into town looking for work. Start doing contracts w/ provided equipment until I can afford a place to stay (small property and cheap house w/ sleep trigger) then continue the contracts until i can afford my own tractor and equipment, then start using my own equipment on the contracts. Get all the basic equipment to run my own farm and start saving for land, continue building from there.

No loans initially, then loans against farm land, not to exceed the value of the land.

No Hired Workers.

No D-Pad Vehicle Swapping (no mod, just don't do it, gotta remember to drive to the house before I quit, otherwise it can be a long walk)

Start From Scratch, Hard Economy, Plowing Required, Lime Required, 21 Day Seasons, 100% Crop Destruction Scale, 100% Weed Scale, Time Scale x5, -$100 Daily Farm Tax Sign

I want it to be a struggle, I wanna have to fight for every little bit earned. When I buy my first tractor I wanna feel like I've accomplished something. And I buy the equipment that I want and I'm gonna use, not the cheapest ones available.
Sounds fun. I might give that play style a shot.
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

Guil wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:15 pm There is no percentage scale for crop destruction or weeds. It's on or off and not sure if you can turn off weeds in seasons
There is in seasons. Maybe it was added in the last update.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Lufarms wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm
Guil wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:15 pm There is no percentage scale for crop destruction or weeds. It's on or off and not sure if you can turn off weeds in seasons
There is in seasons. Maybe it was added in the last update.
So there is :lol: :lol: