FS19 / Console - Several Questions (Grass Bales & Linking Implements)

REN56

FS19 / Console - Several Questions (Grass Bales & Linking Implements)

Post by REN56 »

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday!

Several questions here regarding FS19 on Console (PS5 in my case):
Please note - these questions are solely related to farming in FS19 - not at all related to real word real life farming.
* EDIT = I do not play with the Seasons Mod

(1) Grass bales & the plastic wrapping to ferment grass bales into silage = after cutting the grass, baling the grass into bales, wrapping the grass bales with the plastic (excuse my very simplified way of wording this) - is there a waiting time period before these are “ready” (as in fermented) - or are they instantly automatically considered to be fermented with no waiting period involved? (Grass dumped in silage bunkers have the short waiting time period before they’re fully fermented and ready to go as silage, for example. Do the plastic wrapped grass bales have a similar waiting period or not?)
* EDIT = ANSWERED. Thank you very much!

(2) Using a mod that was just released today as a specific example - the Case IH 255 Cultivator (I’m just using this as an example, my question is more in a broader & more general sense relative to what different things can be used together - though I realize that’s too broad of a question to throw out here) - it has the option for a trailer hitch to be added to the rear (I love having options, so to me, this is always a good thing to see) - *but* - due to my lack of years of experience with the FS series and what I’ll just generalize as my limited FS19 farming knowledge of lots of things - I wondered “what could one actually use - attach - to the back of this cultivator, or any cultivator with a rear hitch, that would be a useful, helpful type of thing to do? I struggle with this same question in my head on all sorts of equipment/implement options relative to using X thing connected with Y thing, or things like attach X on front of tractor and Y to rear of tractor, or “daisy-chaining” multiple things together, to do one or more things easier, better, faster, etc.
The key here, whether it’s’ “realistic” relative to real life real world farming is not a concern to me - though I know and understand that ultimate authentic realism is very, very important to others relative to things they do and don’t do in FS19, and things they consider okay or not okay to do in FS19. I’m not at all meaning to offend any “purists”… I’m only saying that, for me, with FS19, I’m not really concerned with 100% realism in all aspects of how I choose to ‘play’ and enjoy FS19.
Looping back to the “what could be attached to the rear hitch on a cultivator?” - IF some other piece of equipment, tool, or implement could be attached to it - since it does have the rear hitch, I’d be interested to give it a try (even if it’s not really doing anything that’s FS19 significant but might be otherwise, like, just throwing out random thoughts here, attaching some other implement that theoretically would be making the soil even better for the seeding process & crop yield etc. (which gets into real world farming thinking). I could see how attaching a plow to the rear of a tractor, then attaching a cultivator the back of the plow, for example, would be something one might choose to do in FS19, for example (I typically don’t, as I actually like doing the separate tasks), but also at times would also like to find ways to do things a bit differently than my “same old routine” way (as well as forcing myself to use different equipment choices than what I typically seem to end up using out of habit) - which might make things easier, better, faster, etc. - *especially* considering I seldom use AI helpers and do all the work myself.

===

Many thanks in advance for taking time out to read through this - and many thanks in advance for any/all of your replies and for any helpful information and suggestions etc. - much appreciated!

Happy farming everyone! *thumbsup*
Last edited by REN56 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
DEERE317

Re: FS19 / Console - Several Questions (Grass Bales & Linking Implements)

Post by DEERE317 »

1. Seasons or not?
If no seasons it’s instant.
If seasons it’s the same as a bunker, but you can use wrapped grass bales to complete contracts.
2. IRL they’ve used to pull harrows, rolling baskets, or cultipackers. (Which are just extra realism details in game)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Nope, no Seasons. I tried playing FS19 with the Seasons Mod… but found it’s just not my thing with FS19… but I sure am glad it exists. Same for all maps & mods etc. - whether or not *I* ever use them myself or want them etc. - I think it’s great that we have all of them.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 pm 1. Seasons or not?
If no seasons it’s instant.
Thanks very much for the quick reply and answer, much appreciated! :)
Nope, no Seasons.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 pm 2. IRL they’ve used to pull harrows, rolling baskets, or cultipackers. (Which are just extra realism details in game)
So relative to FS19, theoretically I could hook up something from the “Harrow” section of implements to the trailer hitch at the rear of the cultivator to add a bit of “changing my same old routine” to do something a little different, while also adding a bit of reality to it? (Even though it’s not actually making any difference at all to the FS19 soil or improving yield any or generating a ground change/phase etc.) - by using something as close as possible to the exact same working width of the cultivator being used. Right or wrong or - “that’s just plain stupid to do in FS19”?
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

By harrow I was meaning a drag harrow or chain harrow rather than a disc harrow.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.